the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If Jalen Mills 4/24 is the threshold for King, sign me up. I'd even go 2/12 if King wants a chance at another payday in his 20s.

Be curious to see what CB besides King is available for that money.  Just have a very bad taste in my mouth from King's last game.

Just now, Chili said:

Lazard is not going anywhere. We will tender him and he has no choice but to sign it.

I know he is not going anywhere this year but I feel if he has a good season he'll be out of our price range next year. Last season he put up 246 yards in three games before getting hurt and he was never the same again. I could easily see him as a 1k+ receiver

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I know he is not going anywhere this year but I feel if he has a good season he'll be out of our price range next year. Last season he put up 246 yards in three games before getting hurt and he was never the same again. I could easily see him as a 1k+ receiver

I agree but right now we have other more pressing priorities.

Since he's only a #2 WR he can always be replaced. I don't think its the end of the world if we don't re-sign him next year, I'd rather keep Adams than pay Lazard anyway.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I agree but right now we have other more pressing priorities.

Since he's only a #2 WR he can always be replaced. I don't think its the end of the world if we don't re-sign him next year, I'd rather keep Adams than pay Lazard anyway.

I take all this news being leaked with a massive grain of salt but we are constantly being linked with offensive players, IOL and WRs. I hope that is a smoke screen or just plain bull because I like our WR crew and want to sign them all up long term

12 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I take all this news being leaked with a massive grain of salt but we are constantly being linked with offensive players, IOL and WRs. I hope that is a smoke screen or just plain bull because I like our WR crew and want to sign them all up long term

I think we can do alot better with our WRs. All I have to do is think of Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson to remind myself of the standard to aspire to.

By using them as the standard, our WR group has a long way to go. Lazard is solid but I'm yet to be convinced with MVS and EQ.

I won't be too upset if Gute and LaFleur decides to churn the WR group over especially since many of them have expiring contracts soon.

Edited by Chili