FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

definitely 

how Mac Jones getting so much love and Trask out here just the forgotten man

Mac is actually good.

42 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Amen!  He and Mac Jones were viewd equally at the end of the year and now Trask is forgotten.  No clue why.

It's a MAtt Ryan and Brian Brohm situation. Mac Jones is MAtt Ryan, Trask is Brohm.

11 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Mac is actually good.

It's a MAtt Ryan and Brian Brohm situation. Mac Jones is MAtt Ryan, Trask is Brohm.

You could be right.  And Mac is a great processor of information.

I just think Trask is getting ignored.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

You could be right.  And Mac is a great processor of information.

I just think Trask is getting ignored.

Trask's reads are meh. And his arm is about the same strength, but his processing isn't great.

48 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Mac is actually good.

lol

Mac Jones is no where near Matt Ryan's level. After his pro day, I have him behind Trask.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Don't you all be talking about future 49er superstar Mac Jones in such disparaging manners

Lol im not saying Mac Jones isn't good or won't ever be good

I'm just saying he's getting a crazy amount of hype for basically no reason and that he and Trask should be very similarly rated, yet one guy (Mac) is being smoke screened into a top 3 pick and the other guy (Trask) won't go until the 2nd or 3rd

I dont dislike Mac I just don't get the hype 

Hell I'd take Mac on the Bucs... if he was a 2nd round pick , but no way I'd spend a 1st on him, he's just not that great a prospect 

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Hell I'd take Mac on the Bucs... if he was a 2nd round pick , but no way I'd spend a 1st on him, he's just not that great a prospect

Psh... No spending a first on the McCorkle. Try spending 3 firsts.... And a third! That's the big Mac

28 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Trask @ Alabama would've taken a dump on what Mac did and would be in conversation to be the number 1 pick

LMAO, that's florida homerism at it's best. Trask is Chad Pennington.

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

lol

Mac Jones is no where near Matt Ryan's level. After his pro day, I have him behind Trask.

Mac Jones is basically the same guy as Ryan coming out of college. Ryan just didn't have 4 better QBs coming out the same year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

LMAO, that's florida homerism at it's best. Trask is Chad Pennington.

Mac Jones is basically the same guy as Ryan coming out of college. Ryan just didn't have 4 better QBs coming out the same year.

Firstly, I am a Hurricane fan not Gator fan so I can speak Homer free

2nd, idk how you as a Falcons fan can compare Mac Jones to Ryan, that blows my mind

Mac Jones had an embarrassment of riches to throw to plus an Elite college OLine, while Ryan's top 2 targets were Brandon Robinson & Rich Gunnell....yeah, not exactly Devona Smith the Heisman winner or Jaylen Waddle a likely top 15 pick

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Firstly, I am a Hurricane fan not Gator fan so I can speak Homer free

2nd, idk how you as a Falcons fan can compare Mac Jones to Ryan, that blows my mind

Mac Jones had an embarrassment of riches to throw to plus an Elite college OLine, while Ryan's top 2 targets were Brandon Robinson & Rich Gunnell....yeah, not exactly Devona Smith the Heisman winner or Jaylen Waddle a likely top 15 pick

More like as someone who's covered the draft for 12 years, and as a Falcons fan, I hear how Ryan has always had targets from Ryan and Gonzalez to Julio and Sanu and the RBs he's had. It's like people hold him back because of the talent he's always had. Jones in terms of his intangibles like leadership, reads and everything else, is like Ryan. Jones in terms of his sneaky athleticism and size is like Ryan. Jones in terms of his arm strength, but exceptional accuracy is like Ryan. 

Trask has good reads at times, but isn't close to being a plug and play starter. Trask has good size, but terrible athleticism. Trask also can't throw a ball sharply more than 15 yards downfield.