Rams sign Desean Jackson

Forge

I like this signing. I know people will instantly say "well he stays hurt". The Rams have one of if not the best medical staffs in the NFL. They are one of the least injury riddled teams over the years plus McVay and his coaching staff does a great job at managing the players to help get them through the season as relatively healthy as possible. I remember people said when the Rams traded for Watkins that he isnt going to stay healthy. He played every game that season for the Rams. Before the Rams with the Bills he was always hurt. After the Rams with the Chiefs he is always hurt. See the one constant? Then there is something to be said for a guy doing all he can to be out there on a winning team. The Eagles wasnt any good over the past few seasons. They didnt have Superbowl aspirations like the Rams do. Im certain DJax is going to be healthy to be on the field to help the Rams strengthen their case as one of the top contenders in the NFL. Plus he isnt going to be leaned on heavily like he was with the Eagles. The Rams have Woods, Kupp, and Jefferson. They will ask him to come in here and there to take some shots and probably even put him on punt returns. DJax is the equivalent of Griffin coming to the Nets. He wont be asked to do alot but when he is asked to do something you hope his playing time be valuable and he can even have some of his "turn back the clock" moments of the old DJax. Plus he comes back to Cali so I think he is excited and I cant wait to see when Stafford big arm and just arm talent meets DJax on some big throws down the field. Good luck defenses trying to stop it whenever McVay dials it up because its going to be lethal lol. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

Watch him somehow stay relatively injury-free and put up some good numbers as the deep play guy in LA. 

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I like this signing. I know people will instantly say "well he stays hurt". The Rams have one of if not the best medical staffs in the NFL. They are one of the least injury riddled teams over the years plus McVay and his coaching staff does a great job at managing the players to help get them through the season as relatively healthy as possible. I remember people said when the Rams traded for Watkins that he isnt going to stay healthy. He played every game that season for the Rams. Before the Rams with the Bills he was always hurt. After the Rams with the Chiefs he is always hurt. See the one constant? Then there is something to be said for a guy doing all he can to be out there on a winning team. The Eagles wasnt any good over the past few seasons. They didnt have Superbowl aspirations like the Rams do. Im certain DJax is going to be healthy to be on the field to help the Rams strengthen their case as one of the top contenders in the NFL. Plus he isnt going to be leaned on heavily like he was with the Eagles. The Rams have Woods, Kupp, and Jefferson. They will ask him to come in here and there to take some shots and probably even put him on punt returns. DJax is the equivalent of Griffin coming to the Nets. He wont be asked to do alot but when he is asked to do something you hope his playing time be valuable and he can even have some of his "turn back the clock" moments of the old DJax. Plus he comes back to Cali so I think he is excited and I cant wait to see when Stafford big arm and just arm talent meets DJax on some big throws down the field. Good luck defenses trying to stop it whenever McVay dials it up because its going to be lethal lol. 

I really like the optimism but not too sure about that bolded part... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Watch him somehow stay relatively injury-free and put up some good numbers as the deep play guy in LA. 

I really like the optimism but not too sure about that bolded part... 

Am I wrong??? I am the guy who has been picking the Eagles over the past few seasons to get to at least the NFCCG but they benefit from playing the the worst division and they still either missed the playoffs of they made it and got bounced in wildcard weekend. The Eagles was serious contenders in 2017 when they won the Superbowl. Since then they have gone downhill and it rock bottom this past season missing the playoffs in historically the worst division and the coach got fired and QB got traded. I thought at least one was going to be gone but not both. So yeah I wish I was wrong because I really liked the Eagles and my wish was always Eagles v Rams NFCCG Wentz v Goff but the Eagles are now in a rebuild and the Rams are still pushing as one of the favorites in the NFC. In other words the change of scenery should motivate DJax at least for the one year he signed to be what he wasnt with the Eagles during his time. 

IF he stays healthy he will still be invisible for 10 games.

My guess is they get 7 games out of him and 2 big plays.

He's also going to turn 35 in December.

If they gave him more than 2 million + incentives then they are insane.

Feel free to make it 750k per TD and 250k per 40+ play, but straight cash for that guy is a bad idea.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Good news is that he's our #4 WR. So we can spread his 200 healthy snaps over at least 10 games.

Bold of you to assume you’ll get 200.

I’d just let him ride the pine until the playoffs. Then you can use that one quarter he’ll give you for max impact.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all got 180 last year.

I wouldn't count on any more than that. I really don't see how he can be counted on at all to be available but maybe he'll have more luck with you guys.  The eagles training staff has been booty, so it might help that he'll be around a competent staff. He can still take the top off the defense when he's healthy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all got 180 last year.

A truly shocking stat, I don’t see how. But ok.

He did have some decoy snaps when he wasn’t really back, but seems like way too much for what he could do last year.

If he’s real cheap it’s a fine deal, he’ll probably help you win a game. 

I love Desean but he’s Mr. Glass now. Every game he was “healthy” felt like we were taking the fine China out for a 3 year old’s tea party...you knew disaster would be coming and all you could do is hope he’d make it through that game.

Even like prime Desean would go missing for weeks because of play, injuries have just doubled that.

Glad he gets to go home, with Stafford’s arm you guys should be able to open up that offense get a little more ballsy, hopefully.