Eagles sign QB Joe Flacco to 1-year, $4M pact ($3.5M guaranteed)

TheKillerNacho

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He's a proven loser.

On 7 different teams a loser and a mediocrity in Houston.

He's a 39 at Thanksgiving and somehow this will magically be the year for him.

I have no idea what Hurts is yet and neither do you.

I'd rather go with Heinicke for 16 and find out then Fitz for 16 and already know.

I'd rather have a chance at a 17-18 Foles-like run with Fitzpatrick, than have a 17-20 Trubisky-like annual experience with Hurts.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It’s ironic since Flacco was famous for saying he wasn’t there to mentor Lamar Jackson.   Obviously time changes things.  

Side note - good the Eagles played Sudfeld that last game.   Told them everything they needed to know.   Even though they knew already LOL (before Giants fans take up arms - don’t finish 6-10).  

He said that about Drew Lock:

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2019/05/ex-ravens-qb-joe-flacco-says-its-not-his-job-to-mentor-broncos-drew-lock-and-the-internet-reacts.html

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I try to repress as many specific details about his time in Denver, but I stand corrected.   Still reinforces the original point though lol. 

Edited by Broncofan

This is just an insurance plan. By that I mean if Hurts get hurt or plays terrible they can bring in Flacco to lose games.

Flacco hasn't been Flacco for a long time. Once he started checking down he was no longer a viable starter. His best quality was chucking it deep and maybe it gets completed, maybe a flag but he was certainly a threat to wing it and that helped back up defenses. As a game manager, and he isn't a good one, he doesn't really offer anything.

He did well for himself though, people love ya if you produce in the playoffs and 2012 was his magical year. It doesn't matter if he only completed half of his passes or that quite a few of those passes should have been picked, including the game winner against the Broncos. It doesn't matter that all other playoff games he was 6-5 with 14 TD and 10 Int. He had his magical run and will be remembered for it for a long time.

I wish he still started for the Ravens.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'd rather have a chance at a 17-18 Foles-like run with Fitzpatrick, than have a 17-20 Trubisky-like annual experience with Hurts.

Except the Eagles are in way obligated to not replace Hurts at any point. He was a late second round pick not the second overall pick. Maybe Hurts can be something and maybe not, but by next year the Eagles will have a good idea of what they have in Hurts and be able to pursue every available option at QB. 

4 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Except the Eagles are in way obligated to not replace Hurts at any point. He was a late second round pick not the second overall pick. Maybe Hurts can be something and maybe not, but by next year the Eagles will have a good idea of what they have in Hurts and be able to pursue every available option at QB. 

That's why I said "annual experience".  I was specifically referring to what I expect Hurts to give them this upcoming season.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's why I said "annual experience".  I was specifically referring to what I expect Hurts to give them this upcoming season.

Ok, I misunderstood what you meant. Yeah, you could definitely be right. As a fan, this just seems like a limited/stunted transition year for the eagles. They don't have the cap space to make all the moves they want to IMO. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He did well for himself though, people love ya if you produce in the playoffs and 2012 was his magical year. It doesn't matter if he only completed half of his passes or that quite a few of those passes should have been picked, including the game winner against the Broncos. It doesn't matter that all other playoff games he was 6-5 with 14 TD and 10 Int. He had his magical run and will be remembered for it for a long time.

7021648.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

This is just an insurance plan. By that I mean if Hurts get hurt or plays terrible they can bring in Flacco to lose games.

Flacco hasn't been Flacco for a long time. Once he started checking down he was no longer a viable starter. His best quality was chucking it deep and maybe it gets completed, maybe a flag but he was certainly a threat to wing it and that helped back up defenses. As a game manager, and he isn't a good one, he doesn't really offer anything.

I wish he still started for the Ravens.

Joe Flacco was legit one of the best playoff QB's in the NFL starting in 2011 for the remainder of his career. The problem was always him in the regular season. You're also not going to hear anyone argue he was bad in the playoffs his first two years in the NFL, but trying to pretend he just lucked his way through the 2012 playoff is really just making you sound bitter.

• Like 3