Jets trade QB Sam Darnold to Carolina

NewAge

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

We do need to bring in a vet ASAP.

I certainly believe so. I am who thinks the the rookie needs to sit a bit. Maybe not all year, but at least half the season. It seems to be the way things are done nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So youth everywhere. Yay.

It's going to be great.

A rookie head coach is going to install a new offensive system that a rookie qb is going to have to function in with an inexperienced offensive line. 

Great success will be had...

• Like 1

We didn’t do enough to help Sam. That on both Macagnan and Douglas. However he had a massive turnover problem in College and that never improved at the pros.

He’s a great, great kid. Like one of the guys genuinely goes I hope goes on to have a great career. Although I want them to suck next yet so we get a higher pick. Sorry!!  

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The definition of insanity 

So just wait until you have Hall of Fame elite players at every single position before you attempt to get a QB? How did that work out for Mark Sanchez who came into a team with an elite defense and the best o-line in football with a stellar running game?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malik said:

So just wait until you have Hall of Fame elite players at every single position before you attempt to get a QB? How did that work out for Mark Sanchez who came into a team with an elite defense and the best o-line in football with a stellar running game?

cause 6 games on the bench learning to be a pro will just be so horrible and stunt his development so much??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

cause 6 games on the bench learning to be a pro will just be so horrible and stunt his development so much??

You have no way of knowing one way or another. Unless you were a collegiate QB who has experience in that sort of scenario there's nothing to really talk about. It could benefit him it could mean absolutely nothing.

It would be easier to accept drafting a raw QB prospect at No. 2 if it was just one bust here or there. But Trubisky, Goff, Wentz, Rosen and Darnold were all picked in the top 10 in the last five years. Allen panned out, and Mahomes panned out. Those are not good odds, and yet teams will continue to pick quarterbacks early and often again this year. And we are going back to the well, so there really is no excuse for us because we are literally doing the same thing over again. This time, Wilson (or whomever) doesn't even have competition for the job. 

I think as Jets fans, we should be skeptical that this is going to pan out for us. 

• Like 1