The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I guess I am not getting what you were saying...  Of course we didn't double dip in the first we took Ruggs and Arnette lol

If we wen't Lamb, Jefferson and Edwards our speed guy last year would have been NA and this year Brown.  

I assure you with that threesome we would be better in the RZ.

By draft time everybody knew we were going WR with the first pick, and plenty wanted to double dip with our third rounder which we did, and also add speed much of the forum was pounding the table for weapons for Carr you included. The first pick was going to be either Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs. If we had taken Lamb or Jeudy the only speed guy available in the 3rd is Duvernay and his speed is ok. My comment was in response to people saying they expect Edwards to take a leap this year which I said I still like the combo of Edwards, Ruggs over what I now know the other possibilities were of either Lamb, Duvernay or Jeudy, Duvernay.

17 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is I feel like even if we did get cd lamb and Jefferson we would still lose around the same amount of games because of how abysmal the defense was

I mean the Jeudy, Lamb, and Jefferson all outproduced Ruggs and still won less games than us, lol. 

15 hours ago, raidr4life said:

By draft time everybody knew we were going WR with the first pick, and plenty wanted to double dip with our third rounder which we did, and also add speed much of the forum was pounding the table for weapons for Carr you included. The first pick was going to be either Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs. If we had taken Lamb or Jeudy the only speed guy available in the 3rd is Duvernay and his speed is ok. My comment was in response to people saying they expect Edwards to take a leap this year which I said I still like the combo of Edwards, Ruggs over what I now know the other possibilities were of either Lamb, Duvernay or Jeudy, Duvernay.

We needed a true #1 WR over a speed guy, Lamb without a doubt should've been the pick. 

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Still people were screaming lack of speed on offense.

People were also screaming about the lack of a true #1 WR in the offense. We were able to add Nelly last year for cheap and John Brown this year for cheap, two speedsters that can take the top off the defense. 

On 6/20/2021 at 5:12 PM, NYRaider said:

People were also screaming about the lack of a true #1 WR in the offense. We were able to add Nelly last year for cheap and John Brown this year for cheap, two speedsters that can take the top off the defense. 

Who had faith in Agholor when we signed him last year? Nobody that's exactly why we drafted two Wr's

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Who had faith in Agholor when we signed him last year? Nobody that's exactly why we drafted two Wr's

No one did a lot claimed that they did and I pulled up the receipts and a lot of people thought he was a solid depth piece or wouldn't even make the team. With that being said though going into the draft we had Tyrell Williams on the roster who had regularly ranked near the top of the league in YPC and Renfrow a legit slot guy. We needed a true #1 WR who could be a 100+ catch type of player and passed on one in Lamb for Ruggs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

🙋🏼‍♂️

I did. 

And I hoped and prayed every single week he didn't disappear as he had been known to do lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

🙋🏼‍♂️

I did. 

And I hoped and prayed every single week he didn't disappear as he had been known to do lol

One of the interesting things about Nelly was that he played well in our losses but struggled in our wins.

In our 8 losses: 36 receptions, 629 yards, 6 TD 

In our 8 wins: 12 receptions, 267 yards, 2 TD

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

No one did a lot claimed that they did and I pulled up the receipts and a lot of people thought he was a solid depth piece or wouldn't even make the team. With that being said though going into the draft we had Tyrell Williams on the roster who had regularly ranked near the top of the league in YPC and Renfrow a legit slot guy. We needed a true #1 WR who could be a 100+ catch type of player and passed on one in Lamb for Ruggs. 

Most knew Williams wasn't coming back after injury and how much he would have been paid, so he was never really in the equation.

Just now, raidr4life said:

Most knew Williams wasn't coming back after injury and how much he would have been paid, so he was never really in the equation.

Didn't Williams get hurt in training camp though? If Brady comes what if he stays healthy? 

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

You right I was looking forward to Williams 2nd season with Carr until he got hurt.

Which is why I said our entire team could've and likely would've looked completely different had we signed Brady and traded Carr for a 1st/2nd round pick. I think it's safe to assume Gronk would've came back as well and we had a ton of cap space. Our draft strategy probably would've been different and we would've been a more appealing free agency destination. 

On 6/21/2021 at 9:11 PM, NYRaider said:

One of the interesting things about Nelly was that he played well in our losses but struggled in our wins.

In our 8 losses: 36 receptions, 629 yards, 6 TD 

In our 8 wins: 12 receptions, 267 yards, 2 TD

Id guess the reason to this is because, shutting down the Raiders essentially means taking away the run game. Then worry about Waller and try to limit him. 
If you can do that, Nelly isnt the type of guy who is going to just take over a game IMO. 

When Agholor isnt the threat of an O, he is a great roll player, has the speed to win a 1-1 deep, so if the safety cheats for a second hes gone. 
Id imagine, in our 8 losses, teams focused on shutting down the run game. shutting down the run leads to more 3rd and longs, and Nelly has the speed to turn a 3rd and long into a td. 

Id imagine, In our wins, we are either running the ball well, feeding waller, or just spreading the ball around to everyone. 
In our losses, we just couldnt run the ball. And not only that, Gruden stays committed to long to it. Which ends up with a lot of 3rd and 7+