The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Just a couple more weeks till training camp.. Thank god! Need some football in my life and something else getting talked about in this forum other than Carr. 

I do not think it changes.  Camp we will here how great the team is and how Carr is grasping the offense looking for a breakout season. Then the 1st half of the season the Carr fans will be in here saying how crazy everyone is for wanting to get rid of him and all of the people who want to move on will be saying to wait until December.  At the end of the year if we have a similar out come you might get a switch to get rid of Gruden and its not Gruden's fault because this happened.  The Mayock will be the scapegoat.  If Carr gets hurt however Gruden may look like a genius if MM comes in and plays well.

• Like 1

Just hope Diablo doesn’t go the Muse route where they stash him on IR. He’s already behind the 8 ball with missing those practices. If he can find a way to avoid IR for the season think it would be a big success. With the time missed it took away any excitement I had for him this season. If they through him at safety then that can change

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I have really high hopes for Diablo. Really hope he can get healthy and join the team once signed. Would hate for him to get the Muse treatment year one. 

I hear he used to be a star supporting player then got big headed and wanted to captain his own team, so maybe we'll get some of that fire. Health has never been an issue, dude's practically immortal. 

(Sorry)

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 2:09 PM, drfrey13 said:

I do not think it changes.  Camp we will here how great the team is and how Carr is grasping the offense looking for a breakout season. Then the 1st half of the season the Carr fans will be in here saying how crazy everyone is for wanting to get rid of him and all of the people who want to move on will be saying to wait until December.  At the end of the year if we have a similar out come you might get a switch to get rid of Gruden and its not Gruden's fault because this happened.  The Mayock will be the scapegoat.  If Carr gets hurt however Gruden may look like a genius if MM comes in and plays well.

That's a BIG if. I'm 50/50 on Carr. If he goes down, I truly think this team has a top three draft pick next year.

18 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I have really high hopes for Diablo. Really hope he can get healthy and join the team once signed. Would hate for him to get the Muse treatment year one. 

hoping he can develop into a good starter, I don't think that is too lofty of expectations 

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

That's a BIG if. I'm 50/50 on Carr. If he goes down, I truly think this team has a top three draft pick next year.

Definitely.  MM looked good taking over for 1 game but that does not mean he will succeed when teams are game planning for him.  

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Definitely.  MM looked good taking over for 1 game but that does not mean he will succeed when teams are game planning for him.  

There is no doubt in my mind that if Carr played the exact same game as MM people would be putting the loss on Carr, yet everyone says MM crushed it. 
He threw a game sealing INT, and threw another should be pick that was dropped. 

-
Coming in off the bench, I give MM all the credit he did make our O explosive. We shouldve let him play the rest of the season. 

But 17/28  for 226 yards, 1 TD 1 Int. . . Isnt great. 
Loved the 9 runs for 90 yards and a TD, and 100% agree it adds another dimension, and we need to use that in the Redzone. 
-
But outside of the beautiful, and I mean beautiful, deep TD to Waller, he didnt wow me as a passer. 

-
Also, everyone says that he will open up the field for JAcobs, but that wasnt the case either. 
Jacobs 26 carries for 76 yards. 
-
I think not being prepared for MM was tougher for the Chargers, I think they tried to take away the run and make MM beat them by passing. And it worked. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

There is no doubt in my mind that if Carr played the exact same game as MM people would be putting the loss on Carr, yet everyone says MM crushed it. 
He threw a game sealing INT, and threw another should be pick that was dropped. 

-
Coming in off the bench, I give MM all the credit he did make our O explosive. We shouldve let him play the rest of the season. 

But 17/28  for 226 yards, 1 TD 1 Int. . . Isnt great. 
Loved the 9 runs for 90 yards and a TD, and 100% agree it adds another dimension, and we need to use that in the Redzone. 
-
But outside of the beautiful, and I mean beautiful, deep TD to Waller, he didnt wow me as a passer. 

-
Also, everyone says that he will open up the field for JAcobs, but that wasnt the case either. 
Jacobs 26 carries for 76 yards. 
-
I think not being prepared for MM was tougher for the Chargers, I think they tried to take away the run and make MM beat them by passing. And it worked. 

He added an element to Gruden's offense that has been missing but you are correct that he did not have a good day passing.  His running did make the offense look better.  There were a few times where he was in a position that Carr would have just thrown it away and he turned into a positive play.  There is a compound affect when you pick up 3 yards instead of throwing it away.  Plus it should open up the throws down field when you scramble.  Carr is 10x the passer MM is and a better overall QB but MM's style looks better in Gruden's system. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Teams do the opposite to Carr.  Didn't NE take away the check down and it completely stalled our offense.

• Like 1