The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

OTA's don't mean much either, lets see what happens when the pads come on.

This is what i'm saying. If he's slumming it and getting cooked in training camp that's one thing. But of course Casey freaking hayward will start in front of Arnette. Hayward has a resume in the league. He'd start over most young corners.

21 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do you really think that combo is better than if we would have double dipped and wen't Lamb and Jefferson?  Based on last year I don't think anyone would agree with you.

Also I would much rather have Lamb, Jefferson and Edwards than Ruggs, Arnette and Edwards.

Lol you always trying to be the wise guy, we didn't double dip in the first and I'm talking about where we actually picked, so if you take Lamb instead of Ruggs what speed wr do we get in the 3rd.

And going back and looking at the draft your only real option in the 3rd is Devin Duveny so I guess it's Lamb and Duveny vs Edwards and Ruggs.

Edited by raidr4life

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Believe me none of us were thrilled about the pick. And I think drafting for need in the 1st isn't the best play. But judging a corner this early into their career is crazy. Especially because he has some nice traits that can be coached up. 

Drafting for need isn't the problem they always choose a player they claim was their best player when everybody else has them as 2nd or 3rd rounders.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Lol you always trying to be the wise guy, we didn't double dip in the first and I'm talking about where we actually picked, so if you take Lamb instead of Ruggs what speed wr do we get in the 3rd.

And going back and looking at the draft your only real option in the 3rd is Devin Duveny so I guess it's Lamb and Duveny vs Edwards and Ruggs.

I guess I am not getting what you were saying...  Of course we didn't double dip in the first we took Ruggs and Arnette lol

If we wen't Lamb, Jefferson and Edwards our speed guy last year would have been NA and this year Brown.  

I assure you with that threesome we would be better in the RZ.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

21 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Overreacting to Vic's reports isn't smart. Vinny said Arnette's name never came up negatively in discssions with the team.

Well, they certainly can't bs everyone with two eyes who watched his atrocious play last season by bringing it up in a positive manner either lol

(Kidding....sort of)

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Vinny is a Raiders guy. For the love of god he rides Ferell jock like hes on his pay roll. Vinny is not gonna come out and say something negative about an active player. 

For real little to no difference between his feed and JT the Brick’s. 

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I guess I am not getting what you were saying...  Of course we didn't double dip in the first we took Ruggs and Arnette lol

If we wen't Lamb, Jefferson and Edwards our speed guy last year would have been NA and this year Brown.  

I assure you with that threesome we would be better in the RZ.

Looking back, I genuinely think I wouldn't have double dipped at WR anyway. We had too many needs. 

I would've probably gone (with hindsight)

Murray

Aiyuk

Blackmon 

Edwards

Neither Lamb nor Jefferson were on my radar as I was almost certain we wouldn't be picking a WR first and I thought they'd be gone by our second pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Looking back, I genuinely think I wouldn't have double dipped at WR anyway. We had too many needs. 

I would've probably gone (with hindsight)

Murray

Aiyuk

Blackmon 

Edwards

Neither Lamb nor Jefferson were on my radar as I was almost certain we wouldn't be picking a WR first and I thought they'd be gone by our second pick. 

That’s true. I personally would’ve gone rugs and cd lamb but I knew even back then that that wasn’t really practical given all the needs that we had. Sure we can all point back in hindsight and say we could’ve got Jefferson and lamb or some other pair of receivers in the first round of last year‘s draft but the question is what side of made sense given our needs(regardless of how Damon Arnett pans out)

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s true. I personally would’ve gone rugs and cd lamb but I knew even back then that that wasn’t really practical given all the needs that we had. Sure we can all point back in hindsight and say we could’ve got Jefferson and lamb or some other pair of receivers in the first round of last year‘s draft but the question is what side of made sense given our needs(regardless of how Damon Arnett pans out)

On a team so devoid of talent they need to go BPA and not draft based on position need.  We were set on taking a CB and from everything I can tell the Raiders wanted AJ Terrell.  I assume Gruden and Mayock were pretty confidant going into the draft that Terrell would be there for our 2nd pick, once he was taken we panicked and took Arnette.  I don't think they had a legit backup plan in place.

There are a few players that I thought were better value and would have been better picks for our team, instead we panicked and drafted an inferior player at a position of need.  Chiasson, Jefferson, Murray and Queen all would have been better value and also were at positions of need.  

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is what i'm saying. If he's slumming it and getting cooked in training camp that's one thing. But of course Casey freaking hayward will start in front of Arnette. Hayward has a resume in the league. He'd start over most young corners.

Was there any positive talk about Arnette? Gruden came out and said the best guys will play, regardless of what they're being paid or where they were drafted. Seemed to be somewhat of a dig at Arnette, tbh.

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

On a team so devoid of talent they need to go BPA and not draft based on position need.  We were set on taking a CB and from everything I can tell the Raiders wanted AJ Terrell.  I assume Gruden and Mayock were pretty confidant going into the draft that Terrell would be there for our 2nd pick, once he was taken we panicked and took Arnette.  I don't think they had a legit backup plan in place.

There are a few players that I thought were better value and would have been better picks for our team, instead we panicked and drafted an inferior player at a position of need.  Chiasson, Jefferson, Murray and Queen all would have been better value and also were at positions of need.  

My thing is I feel like even if we did get cd lamb and Jefferson we would still lose around the same amount of games because of how abysmal the defense was