The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Nice call, I had him in mind. I saw a little bit of him in one of the videos of the OTA workouts, I'd like to see him play. 

I still think getting Ruggs and Edward's is a better Combo than getting Lamb and anybody else.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I still think getting Ruggs and Edward's is a better Combo than getting Lamb and anybody else.

if ruggs takes step forward which I don't see why not, agreed. If Edwards goes for 400-600 solid year too if ruggs is at 875-975. 

Damon Arnette reportedly an after thought after OTAs...

Well, after watching minicamp practices Tuesday and Wednesday and talking to people in the building, Arnette has become almost an after-thought. The Raiders signed veteran Casey Hayward in May and all but handed him Arnette’s starting job opposite Trayvon Mullen. There was some speculation that one might move to slot corner but neither has practiced there yet.

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Bryan Edwards is a major sleeper this season.

He's probably the only reasonable bet, tbh. 

Brown and Snead are short term placeholders. Ruggs is the default to draw the most coverage early on. Renfrow is phenomenal at his role, but that role is a limited one. 

Edwards was a steal with 1st round talent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Nice call, I had him in mind. I saw a little bit of him in one of the videos of the OTA workouts, I'd like to see him play. 

He's looking like a young DK Metcalf. He was getting amazing reviews during TC last year but got hurt early in the season. 

I read that this morning. Not the thing you wanted to read. We all knew when Hayward signed that he would start. For Arnette to fall this far already is not good. Big training camp ahead for him. Gonna have to prove it to get some time. Nothing would surprise me at this point. End of July and a report comes out that he was traded or cut wouldn’t surprise me at this point. Feels like anything can happen with him

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

He's probably the only reasonable bet, tbh. 

Brown and Snead are short term placeholders. Ruggs is the default to draw the most coverage early on. Renfrow is phenomenal at his role, but that role is a limited one. 

Edwards was a steal with 1st round talent. 

I can see that. Edwards was my favourite pick that draft, he has the tool kit and is a very complimentary type of receiver to Ruggs and Renfrow. He has all you look for except maybe blazing speed and I'd expect after a very slow start and almost a lost season last year him to find his feet this year. I hope he has a big role with his contested catch ability and ability to bully corners. His body control, hand eye coordination and ability to create separation where there is little makes me think he's unlikely to fail to improve, I just can't see this kid not being a very good player.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I read that this morning. Not the thing you wanted to read. We all knew when Hayward signed that he would start. For Arnette to fall this far already is not good. Big training camp ahead for him. Gonna have to prove it to get some time. Nothing would surprise me at this point. End of July and a report comes out that he was traded or cut wouldn’t surprise me at this point. Feels like anything can happen with him

We should never draft another Ohio State CB again. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Paul Guenther pounded the table for guys that fit the scheme.  

I said this a couple of months ago: Mayock Just gets whoever the coaches like for their scheme. So basically a player panning out comes down to how good the coordinator or position coach is. That's why that's far the majority of the offensive picks have planned out and the majority of the defensive picks haven't