The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I still think getting Ruggs and Edward's is a better Combo than getting Lamb and anybody else.

I'm with you there on that. I wasn't sold on Lamb. Ruggs first catch in Carolina set a good tempo. I can't wait to see more. 

Edited by KlenlyKenny

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I still think getting Ruggs and Edward's is a better Combo than getting Lamb and anybody else.

Do you really think that combo is better than if we would have double dipped and wen't Lamb and Jefferson?  Based on last year I don't think anyone would agree with you.

Also I would much rather have Lamb, Jefferson and Edwards than Ruggs, Arnette and Edwards.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

People (not you guys) are overreacting on Arnette. Like give him a little time before calling him a bust.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start the year, then gets PT and impresses after Milus is able to work with him this offseason.

I mean most already feel he was a reach, a huge one, myself included. Hearing news like this is gonna create a reaction. A first rd pick not starting in his 2nd year isn't good. If nate Hobbs plays more than him that's very telling. This could be a ploy to motivate him. But I cant give this team the benefit of the doubt with these first rd picks. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I mean most already feel he was a reach, a huge one, myself included. Hearing news like this is gonna create a reaction. A first rd pick not starting in his 2nd year isn't good. If nate Hobbs plays more than him that's very telling. This could be a ploy to motivate him. But I cant give this team the benefit of the doubt with these first rd picks. 

Believe me none of us were thrilled about the pick. And I think drafting for need in the 1st isn't the best play. But judging a corner this early into their career is crazy. Especially because he has some nice traits that can be coached up. 

47 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do you really think that combo is better than if we would have double dipped and wen't Lamb and Jefferson?  Based on last year I don't think anyone would agree with you.

Also I would much rather have Lamb, Jefferson and Edwards than Ruggs, Arnette and Edwards.

Yeah to say even in hindsight you rather have edwards and ruggs is kinda silly.  Especially if arnette don't improve. You could have got lamb and Jefferson and any 3rd corner. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Believe me none of us were thrilled about the pick. And I think drafting for need in the 1st isn't the best play. But judging a corner this early into their career is crazy. Especially because he has some nice traits that can be coached up. 

You say that now. But than in 2 months he is traded. Bowden thing went same way. Rumors, to early to overreact, boom traded and gone. Who knows what is really going on. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

You say that now. But than in 2 months he is traded. Bowden thing went same way. Rumors, to early to overreact, boom traded and gone. Who knows what is really going on. 

If he is, it just proves that this front office is made up of idiots. If you never give players a chance to develop, you're failing as a front office/coaching staff.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Overreacting to Vic's reports isn't smart. Vinny said Arnette's name never came up negatively in discssions with the team.

This I agree with. He definitely reaches for stories. I like Reed stuff better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If he is, it just proves that this front office is made up of idiots. If you never give players a chance to develop, you're failing as a front office/coaching staff.

The fact that they drafted a 24 year old, who was considered a massive reach and no where considered a sure fire stud in the 1st round was insane.  I would give him more leeway if he was 21 but he will be 25 for week 1 of the season. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Paul Guenther pounded the table for guys that fit the scheme.  

The trouble with that though is that he wasn't a very good fit for how we played him. Several other corners we could have traded back and got were much better fits at what we actually did with the corners......... Very confusing 🤔

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Yeah to say even in hindsight you rather have edwards and ruggs is kinda silly.  Especially if arnette don't improve. You could have got lamb and Jefferson and any 3rd corner. 

Ruggs and lamb on trade up is best combo to have had. speed and rec guy