Chiefs acquire OT Orlando Brown Jr. from Ravens for picks (incl. 2021 1st rounder)

Apparition

10 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Proof that Combine results can be misleading. 

It will be a completely different look for Brown, which can help him as a free agent next winter. As a Chiefs fan, its disappointing that he will likely be a one year, but that seems to be the attitude all around. 

One way to look at this is that the Chiefs traded their 1st, 3rd and 4th for two 2nds, then used one of the picks for one year of Orlando Brown. I hope he gets a ring out of it.

J

You literally do not know what the intentions are but keep repeating it like it's a foregone conclusion. Let's wait a bit. There was talk already of tagging him to buy time for the negotiation phase.

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

You literally do not know what the intentions are but keep repeating it like it's a foregone conclusion. Let's wait a bit. There was talk already of tagging him to buy time for the negotiation phase.

I don't buy the tag for a second. The Chiefs have significant cap issues looming in 2022 and this would only add to it. 

It's not a forgone conclusion that the Chiefs signed OB for only one year, but a 2nd round pick is an appropriate price. Also, that is the way all parties--Chiefs, Ravens, and Brown--approached the situation.

We have a long history of similar trades in baseball, so the attitude is neither new nor unexpected, even with the game being different. In baseball, it is unusual but not unknown for a player to re-sign with the new team, so it's not an assumption you want to make going in, but remains a possibility down the road. Likewise here.

J

50 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I don't buy the tag for a second. The Chiefs have significant cap issues looming in 2022 and this would only add to it.

J

The Saints were $100 million over the cap and still used the franchise tag.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So it's settled then? Next year they tag OBJ and release Hill + Kelce to make cap space.

Clark for sure. Kelce is a possibility but I think 2023 is his first real shot at being cut. Hill will be extended, traded, or we’ll just let him walk in ‘23. 

4 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

We’re not really they’re rivals though. Everyone keeps expecting it to be the next rivalry but so far we’ve barely grazed them.

Yea it's not a rivalry now lol we got a franchise LT y'all got holes to fill