Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Could also be a last second smoke screen to try and convince Atlanta to flip flop spots. The reports were that Atlanta loved Lance. If our guy is really Fields or Lance, makes a lot of sense to at least push out some smoke about a possible Lance selection (while still keeping it murky as hell) to see if you get anyone (specifically atlanta) to bit on that flip. 

what kind of draft comp would we get?

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Can it be tomorrow already. Have been pretty calm this entire time. Mostly because i would be fine with all three personally and while i have my preference i see a case for all of them(still not a big fan of the actual trade up this early but hey it is what it is). But i really want to get that first round gone so we can talk about something different than just what might happen and what we think should happen. For me the later rounds are usually the most fun even though draft coverage turns to crap.

You're doing this wrong. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Can it be tomorrow already. Have been pretty calm this entire time. Mostly because i would be fine with all three personally and while i have my preference i see a case for all of them(still not a big fan of the actual trade up this early but hey it is what it is). But i really want to get that first round gone so we can talk about something different than just what might happen and what we think should happen. For me the later rounds are usually the most fun even though draft coverage turns to crap.

Angry Season 1 GIF by Shameless@Justone2

• Like 2

Just now, SonsofFenris7 said:
2 minutes ago, Forge said:

You're doing this wrong. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Like i said if you like all options why worry about who it is. I probably like Lance the least and i have the feeling he will be the pick. But its easy to see the positives in him from a mental standpoint and the athletic ability. The throwing the ball part is worrying to me but that NDSU offense in terms of what a QB has on its plate is one of the closest to what he has to do on a sunday. I think for our second pick and later in the draft my opinions are way stronger about who i like and who i don't. And really the only part i hate about this trade is that because i like all three i would have waited and see what happened during the draft. Kyle was affraid to show he wanted a QB(one of the worst things i ever heard) so they went up while there literally was no reason to do so this early.

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Like i said if you like all options why worry about who it is. I probably like Lance the least and i have the feeling he will be the pick. But its easy to see the positives in him from a mental standpoint and the athletic ability. The throwing the ball part is worrying to me but that NDSU offense in terms of what a QB has on its plate is one of the closest to what he has to do on a sunday. I think for our second pick and later in the draft my opinions are way stronger about who i like and who i don't. And really the only part i hate about this trade is that because i like all three i would have waited and see what happened during the draft. Kyle was affraid to show he wanted a QB(one of the worst things i ever heard) so they went up while there literally was no reason to do so this early.

I like your thinking, he could have waited to see what would had happened and the cost might have been lower..

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Could also be a last second smoke screen to try and convince Atlanta to flip flop spots. The reports were that Atlanta loved Lance. If our guy is really Fields or Lance, makes a lot of sense to at least push out some smoke about a possible Lance selection (while still keeping it murky as hell) to see if you get anyone (specifically atlanta) to bit on that flip. 

If we wanted to smokescreen, why not do that from day 1? The team didn't even bother to push back against the mac rumours, for whatever reason

But your theory is good too. For whatever reason, and whether its true or not, there's a lot more chatter about Lance in the last 4 days 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ok, this is pretty funny you brought this up because every single time I do a mock on TDN this past week, ATL has wanted to flip spots LOL. I thought this was crazy, but maybe it isn't? 

The one I did this morning, we flipped firsts and they threw in their 3rd and their 4th. Yesterday it was flipping 1sts and they threw in their 2nd and a 5th. 

I get that what happens on TDN doesn't mean anything in the real world, but it was just strange that all of a sudden, ATL is automatic trade partner. 

6 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

One of the reasons he's just been getting lit up by the media in certain areas. 

I think that he wanted to make it sound like they had done a whole bunch of work on the QBs and didn't want to ding any of them in the eyes of the media, but when you make this deal to invest 3 first round picks and a third into a guy and then you go back and say "well, we like five guys", you're going to get knocked for your process lol. 

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I can put a turd in yours as well. There shouldn't be any word saying any other QB if it was Mac especially this late in the game. Maybe the media trying to build the anticipation. But Sheffy doesn't report these things for no reason. 

I'm rooting for Lance so I'll consider that turd a candy bar. 

I have no doubt that there was a push by the front office for Lance. Sounds like Lynch/Peters want him. But Lynch made it clear immediately in the press conference that this is Shanny's pick, which it should be. 

Shanny wants Mac. This has been reported and it was confirmed by Schefter that Mac was the 3rd guy we were comfortable with when we traded up. Also that Lance has narrowed the gap (not closed it).

Again, to believe it's Lance is to believe that Shanny wanted Mac for a month and changed his mind two days before the draft. I don't buy that at all. Especially when we're non committal on Jimmy G. 

1 minute ago, Uncle_Rico said:

I'm rooting for Lance so I'll consider that turd a candy bar. 

I have no doubt that there was a push by the front office for Lance. Sounds like Lynch/Peters want him. But Lynch made it clear immediately in the press conference that this is Shanny's pick, which it should be. 

Shanny wants Mac. This has been reported and it was confirmed by Schefter that Mac was the 3rd guy we were comfortable with when we traded up. Also that Lance has narrowed the gap (not closed it).

Again, to believe it's Lance is to believe that Shanny wanted Mac for a month and changed his mind two days before the draft. I don't buy that at all. Especially when we're non committal on Jimmy G. 

You brave soul. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

One of the reasons he's just been getting lit up by the media in certain areas. 

I think that he wanted to make it sound like they had done a whole bunch of work on the QBs and didn't want to ding any of them in the eyes of the media, but when you make this deal to invest 3 first round picks and a third into a guy and then you go back and say "well, we like five guys", you're going to get knocked for your process lol. 

Yeah i just don't get it. But really is there any different than Patriots going to every top QB's pro day if we didn't trade up. Sure if you fall absolutely head over heels in love for one of the three and think either of the top two is even better sure make that trade but to make it just because you are worried to go to a pro day or put much time into the QB's is just insane to me. And if you feel comfortable giving up what we did for more than one don't give up that much and just settle for the second guy or even if you really like all five the third one. In the top five you have the Bengals who never trade down. So go to six and save that extra first.