Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Let me ask you all this. I keep seeing stuff about how Kyle Pitts is the best player in this draft regardless of position or outside of Trevor Lawrence. A lot of people are projecting him to possibly go #4 and #5. Is there any chance the Niners take him? I know they have some great talent at receiver, but people are saying Pitts has transcendent talent. I think Pitts grades higher as a player than all the other players on the board, on most people's big boards.

Zero IMO. They have said since March that this is going to be a QB, and you saw how Kyle talked about Jimmy in that 2nd presser

Yeah I agree, probably no chance, but I think the draft pretty much starts at #3 overall since the first two picks appear to kind of be locked in. Niners in the drivers seat and could be using tons of smoke screens.

To me it would make more sense on paper to trade up for an absurd talent like Pitts over a QB like Mac Jones. I get QB is a position of need, but Pitts is being talked about like he's the next Julio Jones.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

We don't really have many roster spots left and alot of picks. 

Do we really though. We have a lot of guys i think are pretty replacable. We don't have many starter spots but QB, WR, RB, TE, IOL,OT, Edge, off-ball LB, CB all have spots to be won and even at S i can see a competition for the 4th spot. So while you can easily pencil in a 53 with what we have spots 40-53 aren't all that set in stone to me.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yeah I agree, probably no chance, but I think the draft pretty much starts at #3 overall since the first two picks appear to kind of be locked in. Niners in the drivers seat and could be using tons of smoke screens.

To me it would make more sense on paper to trade up for an absurd talent like Pitts over a QB like Mac Jones. I get QB is a position of need, but Pitts is being talked about like he's the next Julio Jones.

I think Niners are taking Lance and the league knows it as of today. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Camp body.

What are the updated odds looking like now?

I'm guessing there will be a big shift in a few hours or late this evening. 

Fields +400

Lance +210

Mac -200

Mac still a heavy favorite 

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Do we really though. We have a lot of guys i think are pretty replacable. We don't have many starter spots but QB, WR, RB, TE, IOL,OT, Edge, off-ball LB, CB all have spots to be won and even at S i can see a competition for the 4th spot. So while you can easily pencil in a 53 with what we have spots 40-53 aren't all that set in stone to me.

I count 37 spots I would consider locks or near-locks. That leaves about 16 spots up for grabs and some of those spots have depth guys that could be hard to beat out for a spot. There will be plenty of health competition, but this is not a roster that needs an 8-9 man draft class. We need about 5-7 quality guys at key positions.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I count 37 spots I would consider locks or near-locks. That leaves about 16 spots up for grabs and some of those spots have depth guys that could be hard to beat out for a spot. There will be plenty of health competition, but this is not a roster that needs an 8-9 man draft class. We need about 5-7 quality guys at key positions.

Considering we only have 3 picks on day 1 and 2 with one coming at the end of day 2 i don't think its that much of a difference. I don't think all picks will make the teams just like every year there are some that get pushed to IR and some will just be cut.