The Car Thread

Dome

RE: my wrench light, i spoke to a dealership tech, they confirmed the car's service interval is 6 months/8000 km and it was likely a mistake during pre-delivery (older models of the car have their service intervals at 4 months). So he reset the light for me free of charge (a different dealership wanted to charge me $35 to reset the light 9_9 ) 

I plan to keep this car for a while, like a decade, so i'll take care of it for sure and follow the owners manual for maintenance. I did check the dipstick myself last week and the oil level was still high, and the car is driving fine, so i think i'll be fine until October, which is when my first oil change is due. 

Car battery died yesterday, wasn't sure if anything was left on, so jumped it and got to work late, turned it off, waited a few seconds and turned it on, and started up, thought that I was good, nope, battery dead when leaving work. Get a battery, go to swap it out, the bolt holding the clamp that holds the battery in place is rusted down, get it moving, but won't unscrew, jump again, and then try later to get that bolt going, still nothing. Bring it in to where I got battery today to get them to do it, turned out, they couldn't get that bolt either, ended up having to cut the bolt and replace it. I now feel better about not getting the bolt out.

I guess my first mistake was actually expecting to converse with someone here. It proves difficult when trying to communicate with an immature child typing furiously on their smart phone from Mums basement. 

You need to check your meds Junior. The ones your on don’t seem to be working.

You brought up conventional motor oil. You asked who still uses it. Apparently given the amount still sold quite a few people.

Despicable? I’m a problem? You don’t know me but your sure quick to judge. Ignorance isn’t a pretty thing little tugboat. Car recycling is big business and if not for recycled parts and steel we would have a far worse problem. Recycling of parts allows vehicles to remain on the road long after new OEM parts aren’t produced. If you actually had any idea about older cars and restoration you’d know that. You would also know how expensive it is to machine parts when OEM and recycled parts aren’t available. 

I’m curious. Do you work extra hard at being a judgemental, immature, ***? Or, does it just come natural?

Given your responses you seem to want to have discussions with yourself. So be it, I expect, given your attitude you do many things by yourself.

Have fun junior, You’re a grade A piece of work.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:00 AM, diehardlionfan said:

I guess my first mistake was actually expecting to converse with someone here. It proves difficult when trying to communicate with an immature child typing furiously on their smart phone from Mums basement. 

You need to check your meds Junior. The ones your on don’t seem to be working.

You brought up conventional motor oil. You asked who still uses it. Apparently given the amount still sold quite a few people.

Despicable? I’m a problem? You don’t know me but your sure quick to judge. Ignorance isn’t a pretty thing little tugboat. Car recycling is big business and if not for recycled parts and steel we would have a far worse problem. Recycling of parts allows vehicles to remain on the road long after new OEM parts aren’t produced. If you actually had any idea about older cars and restoration you’d know that. You would also know how expensive it is to machine parts when OEM and recycled parts aren’t available. 

I’m curious. Do you work extra hard at being a judgemental, immature, ***? Or, does it just come natural?

Given your responses you seem to want to have discussions with yourself. So be it, I expect, given your attitude you do many things by yourself.

Have fun junior, You’re a grade A piece of work.

I saw the guy post about how unreliable Toyotas were a few pages back, then mentioned Buick for reliability with straight conviction. Wanted to put in my two cents but decided not to. I'm not surprised the thread has turned into this.. 

Edited by Nex_Gen

Anybody else stroke their ego by machine?

Here's my ride.

2007 BMW 335i - N54 Inline 6 Twin-Turbo from factory

Will eventually go full bolt-on upgrades and do a flash tune on it. It's going to be a classy daily driver with some GRIT. Don't want to do too much because California is a prison for car politics.

ð // #guarda #bmw #335i #e92 #n54 #spacegrey #ultimatedrivingmachine #n54nation #n54gang #n54grace #e92fanatics #boostlust #eurotune #autoexpression #carculture #factoryform #dailydriven #sundayshot #msport #mpower #bmwfanatics #bmwmsport #3series #bimmergang #mperformance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Not really, but I do enjoy my truck.  Definitely view it as more than “something to get me from point a to point b”.

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Here's my ride.

2007 BMW 335i - N54 Inline 6 Twin-Turbo from factory

ð // #guarda #bmw #335i #e92 #n54 #spacegrey #ultimatedrivingmachine #n54nation #n54gang #n54grace #e92fanatics #boostlust #eurotune #autoexpression #carculture #factoryform #dailydriven #sundayshot #msport #mpower #bmwfanatics #bmwmsport #3series #bimmergang #mperformance

Great car!

Cars don’t age as well here in Ohio with our winters, that thing is a gem.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not really, but I do enjoy my truck.  Definitely view it as more than “something to get me from point a to point b”.

Great car!

Cars don’t age as well here in Ohio with our winters, that thing is a gem.

It really is. I never noticed how much I constantly look back at it after parking it, or choosing to drive it anyways, when I have another more conventional, gas saving option in the driveway to go to work, the store, run errands etc. People get surprised when I tell them it's a 2007 because they think it's new. 

I hate what the California sun does to the paint and interior of cars out here, but definitely glad I don't have to deal with snow rust and harsh driving conditions.

I'm still single with no kids yet so I'll enjoy this phase. Definitely looking at getting a truck in the future when the need becomes more apparent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Don’t mind if I do. I have few cool toys myself...

I got a 2010 Camaro SS, LS3 with a 6 speed. Custom paint, COPO style cowl hood, ZL1 front bumper, Stock bottoms end, Cam, longtube headers, F1C Procharger and some other supporting mods. Car made 723hp/631tq to the wheels before running out of fuel at 6k rpms. Got a new fuel system to install and I’m also going to switch it to run E85. Probably going to be in the neighborhood of 800hp once I get it all together and get it back to the tuner.

attachment.php?attachmentid=992467&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=992466&stc=1

1952 Chevy 4100 1.5 ton flatbed. Mostly original. 235cui in-line 6, 3 speed standard with a Granny gear as well. Tops out at about 50mph, best cruising speed is about 35mph.

attachment.php?attachmentid=998947&stc=1

Last toy even though I have plenty more junk lol...1987 Chevy S10 short bed. 350 w/ cam, TH400, Ford 9” rearend, ladderbar suspension, adjustable coil overs all the way around and a fuel cell in the bed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=998948&stc=1

• Like 2

Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of tires I should get on my 2017 WRX? It appears I ran over a bunch of nails and the patch isn't holding. I have about 40k miles. 

I am in California so snow isn't an issue, although I do drive to the snow 1-2 times a year in this car (and more in the gf's car). 

I am looking for good value with regards to tires. 

Thanks! 

9 hours ago, Neumatic said:

Don’t mind if I do. I have few cool toys myself...

I got a 2010 Camaro SS, LS3 with a 6 speed. Custom paint, COPO style cowl hood, ZL1 front bumper, Stock bottoms end, Cam, longtube headers, F1C Procharger and some other supporting mods. Car made 723hp/631tq to the wheels before running out of fuel at 6k rpms. Got a new fuel system to install and I’m also going to switch it to run E85. Probably going to be in the neighborhood of 800hp once I get it all together and get it back to the tuner.

attachment.php?attachmentid=992467&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=992466&stc=1

Sleeper Agent.

Love the theme you got going on that one. Those numbers are way more than solid. You should have plenty fun with most, if not, all the people you run into with that thing. Got pics of the bay?

Edited by Nex_Gen

55 minutes ago, N4L said:

Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of tires I should get on my 2017 WRX? It appears I ran over a bunch of nails and the patch isn't holding. I have about 40k miles. 

I am in California so snow isn't an issue, although I do drive to the snow 1-2 times a year in this car (and more in the gf's car). 

I am looking for good value with regards to tires. 

Thanks! 

For sport compact cars, you can't go wrong with Michelin Pilot Sports if you have the money. Best bang for the buck, go with the Hankook Ventus Evo 12s. Great year round tires that specialize in dry climates. Those are hands down, the smoothest, most quiet set of tires I've ever floated on. The pricing on them is great for what they offer.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Sleeper Agent.

Love the theme you got going on that one. Those numbers are way more than solid. You should have plenty fun with most, if not, all the people you run into with that thing. Got pics of the bay?

Surprisingly I don’t have any decent pictures of the engine bay. It’s not much to look at, I’m not exactly a master at aesthetics.

I have a CDL that i have to protect, so I don’t really do anything crazy. No visits to Mexico for me. I got a lot more money to spend before I really get back into racing it. Bare minimum I need to upgrade to a stronger rearend and a cage.

This fall/winter I’m hoping I can get the rearend, suspension and 15” brake conversion done so I can run some 15” slicks. I haven’t talked to any fabrication shops yet so a cage probably won’t be happening this winter.

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im a Ford guy through and through. But even I have to appreciate that. She looks good. Split windows are underrated. Cause they really set off any vehicle.

Thanks. It’s a really cool truck to cruise around town in. I’m obviously partial to Chevy/GM and I love harassing my Ford friends but I love them all. Especially anything 72 and older, you just can’t go wrong.

That truck was an impulse buy. Seen it on Facebook marketplace and decided I wanted it, could have been a Ford or Dodge in the same condition and I still would have bought it.