Romo: best color commentator since Madden?

y*so*blu

I like how he gives a more play by play analysis and gets excited because it makes big moments even crazier. But he does midread a lot of stuff on the field. He tries to predict something and it ends up being wrong when the play is ran and sometimes he can get so into it, that he almost overtakes the whole broadcast and dosnt allow the other person to speak.

Sounds like he needs to smoke a cig in the booth just to calm him a bit and be a little more steady sometimes instead of wacky all over the place.

He and Collinsworth are neck and neck, in my opinion, in terms of things I can learn while watching and listening to them.

Romo's desire to predict plays so often does get a bit old. I'd prefer if he did less of that presnap and more real-time analysis of a replay in between plays.

22 hours ago, Danger said:

Is this a trick question? John Madden was a moronic buffoon. Tony is actually good at breaking things down and has a voice that doesn't grate on your ears.

Believe me, I hated Tony when he was a Cowboy, but he's easily the best commentator that's been around for a while. And no, not "since John Madden", John Madden was terrible.

Dumbest John Madden Quotes of All-Time

His baffonery is what made him great. It was like getting your grandpa drunk shoving a turducken down his throat and giving him a microphone. That's good television right there 

Archived