Aged Like Milk: Draft Edition

LETSGOBROWNIES

I forgot about Scooby Wright... I was Scooby wrong about him.

I was higher than most about Chubb, thrilled we got him after being upset we didn't draft him at 33.

I wanted Johnny at 8 overall, which in hindsight would have had to been better than what we ended up with. Manziel plus anyone would have been better than Manziel plus Gilbert.

I was wrong when I thought Jabrill Peppers was just a giant turd after his rookie year.  He was just so awful in that angel role that I didn't think he would really translate well anywhere on the field.

I was wrong about Deshone Kizer after his rookie year as well.  Thought if he stepped back and got coached up he'd become an NFL starter again.

I'm usually cautiously optimistic or just skeptical of draft picks before they play.  I was absolutely wrong about Richardson though, I know I felt that was surefire.

Edited by Rod Johnson

8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I was wrong when I thought Jabrill Peppers was just a giant turd after his rookie year.  He was just so awful in that angel role that I didn't think he would really translate well anywhere on the field.

I was wrong about Deshone Kizer after his rookie year as well.  Thought if he stepped back and got coached up he'd become an NFL starter again.

I'm usually cautiously optimistic or just skeptical of draft picks before they play.  I was absolutely wrong about Richardson though, I know I felt that was surefire.

How did you feel about Rod Johnson?

27 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Who was that guy that kept saying “this dude is gonna look real bad” about me when I said Kizer was going to bust hard.  I am terrible with names.  He was swinging hard from Kizer’s short and curlies though.

Mind Character.

Also, Mind Character was wrong about Darnold.

I was wrong about Josh Rosen. I thought he'd be a starter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Mind Character.

Also, Mind Character was wrong about Darnold.

I was wrong about Josh Rosen. I thought he'd be a starter.

The verdict isn't out on Darnold. Mind liked tools and kizer still has all the tools froma physical stand point. 

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I still think he was our most naturally talented qb until we drafted baker. He could do it all. Except stay out of trouble and study a playbook. He could make every throw baker could with better scrambling. Such a wasted talent.  

Yup. I'm still convinced he could have been at least a solid starter for us if it wasn't for his dumb off the field antics. I liked the pick at the time, although I preferred Carr that draft.

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man that one about killed me.  I was team Ngata from start to finish and when he was there and we were on the clock I was so ******* thrilled.

Then we did what we always used to do....

@NateDawg and my dad had the draft recorded and I got home from a baseball game (they already knew the result), and when they teased that I'd "LOVE" this pick, and then we traded and Baltimore got Ngata, I ran upstairs and punched the bathroom door and started yelling incoherently while they doubled over in laughter. 

• Like 3

I was not happy with the Baker pick as I thought it was Darnold. I was instantly happy when we drafted Ward and when we drafted Chubb I thought maybe we have something figured out. Glad Baker has proven me wrong.

I hated the Richardson pick because it was too high for a RB, but man I wanted Justin Blackmon so bad in that draft. Oh well guess neither was right.

I hate thinking back on all the picks that have failed. It's nuts to go back and just take the guy that was drafted 5 spots after us in every round since 2000. We'd be an average team if you just did that I'm sure. 

28 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Someone mentioned him earlier in the thread but I also loved the Antonio Callaway pick as well

I think everyone loved the pick because of his talent and where we got him.

Turns out he really was just as dumb and immature as people said he was. Oh well 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1