2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

22 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Nah man this ain’t it. I don’t think TEN regrets drafting Derrick Henry in the 2nd. Dalvin Cook went in the 2nd. Jonathan Taylor, Nick Chubb. Alvin Kamara went with the 2nd pick of the 3rd. None of those teams want do-overs. 

And how many Super Bowls have those teams won?

Paton is a Spielman clone - competent but conservative and will make the team competitive but never a champion. 

Love the pick.  Head says we should have waited for the board to come to us. Buy Heart is thrilled.  We needed a #2 back.  Everyone complaining about our offense - it just got better.  Complete back, great fit for us, will play a lot this year, take over next year. Makes passing game better as a pass blocker, a receiver, and a PA threat.  A QB’s best fiend.  Single biggest thing we could have done to improve the offense, and this team, this year (once we passed on Fields).  Love it.

...but don’t like the trade, and won’t argue that we probably wouldn’t have gotten better total draft value by holding at 40.  But we’re going to be glad we have him on this team😜

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ClockWorkOrange said:

What OL are left?

I'd rather devote the rest of the picks to the defense but I wouldn't be mad if Humphrey were to fall to us, he's a good C/G. Spencer Brown is someone I'd be okay with too.

• Like 1

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

Fantasy football championships, yes, Super Bowl championships, not one between them. 

My point is, you can find quality RB's in the 2nd. Not very often do you pick up a TD in the 6th. 

10 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Okay, so my next tier of targets would be guys like Ossai, Mayfield, Nixon, Bolton, Basham (great name for a front 7 guy), Cox, and Christensen. I’m a little behind, a couple of those guys may have gone already.

edit: dammit, Chiefs

I’m okay with that. We don’t need a throwback LB. We need an athlete.

2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

My point is, you can find quality RB's in the 2nd. Not very often do you pick up a TD in the 6th. 

I mean BPA is BPA regardless of position... I would have taken JOK, but this really helps out the QB.  The guy can block... even big guys.  Being able to give a heavy chip and release can really help the edges as well...  I think we will see a heavy rotation of bcks and Boone will some some action as well.  We will always have fresh guys coming in hungry. 

I really want some depth at OL... We are paper thin there and injuries always happen... I do not see an OL I love in round 3...  Ugh!

6 minutes ago, ClockWorkOrange said:

I mean BPA is BPA regardless of position... I would have taken JOK, but this really helps out the QB.  The guy can block... even big guys.  Being able to give a heavy chip and release can really help the edges as well...  I think we will see a heavy rotation of bcks and Boone will some some action as well.  We will always have fresh guys coming in hungry. 

I really want some depth at OL... We are paper thin there and injuries always happen... I do not see an OL I love in round 3...  Ugh!

The point is this team isn't going to be competitive next year and we're drafting like we will be. Running back is literally the last position we should invest anything into until we're contenders. 

7 minutes ago, ClockWorkOrange said:

Brady Christensen can play. My problem with him is that I think his arms measured the shortest of the top 20 OT’s. I don’t love short arm OT’s.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

The point is this team isn't going to be competitive next year and we're drafting like we will be. Running back is literally the last position we should invest anything into until we're contenders. 

We will be a playoff team this year, barring another run of catastrophic injuries.  You can book it. 

• Like 1