2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

im philosophically opposed to RB in first 3 rounds, but i actually understand it, and am with this one.

The roster has small holes on offense (RT) and defense (ILB, SS a year from now), and one gaping hole at QB.  

Knowing you’re going to get sub-standard QB play, you need explosive playmakers around that sub-standard QB. WR check. TE check. RB ehhhh.  The kids a complete back and i expect this pick to make a difference in a lot of areas we sucked last year, 3rd down, sustaining drives.  You need to ground and pound when you’re stuck with Lock/Teddy at QB.  MG3 is declining and can’t do it alone.  

Like i said, i typically do not agree with the type of pick we just made, but, given where this team is, I totally get it, and it kind of excites me.

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He'd be such a good ILB with a weight room program or a replacement for Kareem Jackson at SS. 

Best coverage LB I've seen come out in the draft in a while. Now the Pats have traded up for JOK

Is the prevailing thought that there are a lot of good ILB in this draft, and all of the good RBs are gone.  

5 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

Like I said, Javonte has been a personal favorite of mine throughout the draft process but I don't like that trade. Take the gamble that he'll be there at 2.40 and if not, there are still plenty of great players that will be available.

I think he's worth the trade up his highlight video is 12 min long so fun to watch he's a swiss army knife

4 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

I love the player but hate the trade. Kind of how I feel about both picks ar this point thus far..

I just think there’s so much value you let the board come to you in this situation.   JOK Moehrig J-Williams or T at 2.40 it’s all good. 

Edited by Broncofan

9 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Such a fun player to watch, just destroys anyone in his path. Ideal fit for power-gap stuff. Supposed to be a great kid, class valedictorian.

Just did a bit of homework and read he's the best "pass pro" RB in this years draft also. He could really fit in well, especially if Shurmer continues his late season trend to rely on the run more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

Just did a bit of homework and read he's the best "pass pro" RB in this years draft also. He could really fit in well, especially if Shurmer continues his late season trend to rely on the run more.

True three down back. You can see how he’s the ideal Gordon replacement but with a little more juice and power.