Side Hustle

I dabble in making wood furniture and decorations. Sell the pieces to friends, co workers, family and friends of friends/family...

Depending on what it is can take me a couple hours to a couple weeks. Could post some pics of stuff I've made/kept for myself if anyone was interested to see... 

13 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I dabble in making wood furniture and decorations. Sell the pieces to friends, co workers, family and friends of friends/family...

Depending on what it is can take me a couple hours to a couple weeks. Could post some pics of stuff I've made/kept for myself if anyone was interested to see... 

Yes please. Been thinking about this myself. My dad builds custom furniture, used to do it for a living but it’s just for he and my moms house now. When he goes to sell his tools I think I can get a good deal on the lot...

Id love to build furniture for my house, and being able to sell some on the side would be awesome.

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Can someone refresh me on how to post a pic on here? It would be from my phone

Just download the Imgur app to your phone.  You can use it to upload photos to Imgur then you can just copy paste the pics from Imgur to FF.

Hardly my side hustle, I merely dipped my toe in the pond, but flipping items on ebay for profit. I bet you could make some nice money on the side if you scoured garage sales, craigslist ads, other local sellers, and then sold those products on ebay for profit. I mean I know flipping on ebay in itself is a main income stream, people run businesses for it.

A year ago I wanted Wind Waker on Gamecube. It goes for about $35 on ebay. I find a gamecube game lot selling for $50, which included Wind Waker, and buy it. I then sold off the other 4 games for $20, $20, $15 an $15. Taking into account shipping, packaging and the transfer fee, and I only made around $5 profit... plus Wind Waker, so really more like a $40 profit. A month later I wanted Pokemon Leaf Green or FireRed and Ruby, find someone on craigslist selling LeafG, FireR, Ruby, Red, and Emerald for $100. I take the 15 minute drive and do my first ever exchange, and while I could have turned a big profit on this (at the time, authentic copies of leaf, fire and red were going for $50 a piece, Ruby for $25, Emerald for $60), I'm a collector at heart. In a matter of 2 weeks I found these great deals without even looking for ways to make a profit, so in my mind it is not yet an over-saturated field. There will always be people who want quick money and either throw stuff up on craigslsit or ebay without doing their research.

Wife and I actually turned on Uber last night for the Astros/Yankees game - made about $60 for about two hours of work. We're discussing doing it on Friday nights before and after dinner when we don't have the kiddos.

I have one of those jobs where it's sit around and wait for something to happen so I get some free time. I dabble with swing trading throughout the week. Not playing around with a ton of capital in my account but I can usually pull $100-$200 profit out of the market each week. Just making safe plays on uptrending stocks in pullbacks. Took me a while to dial in my filters but the last 6 weeks have been quite profitable. Working my side gig during my main gig is pretty cool too :ph34r:

My career is Police and in Chicago there’s a whole bunch of security firms that hire off-duty/retired police officers who then work at different locations/events throughout the city.  Currently I work at the Sears tower and really don’t do anything.  The different gigs pay between $25-$35 an hour.  And with my Police job I have more than half the days in the year off, so I’d be stupid not to take some extra jobs.

36 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

its because smart people like money

If I were married, and she made $30k, I wouldn't bother with it.

I'm just trying to payoff a couple of credit cards and do some house projects in 2018. I also might go to England for the summer. An extra $1,000/month next year would really go a long ways.

6 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

If I were married, and she made $30k, I wouldn't bother with it.

I'm just trying to payoff a couple of credit cards and do some house projects in 2018. I also might go to England for the summer. An extra $1,000/month next year would really go a long ways.

If you were married and she made $30k a year, you better hope you make  an extra $40k a year bonus the next year... They arn't cheap.

Archived