Draft Day Thread:

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I agree with the Pouncey sentiments too. He was trash last year. He had been coasting on reputation for a long time. I've never seen an "elite" player get absolutely destroyed as much as Pouncey did. Some of Ben's biggest plays come from Pouncey getting blown back into his lap. Early in his career he moved so well as a lead blocker that it made up for the handful of disastrous plays he'd have a game. Later in his career he didn't have the highs, but still had the lows. I think losing Pouncey and Foster could really end up really helping our run game. 

Plus his constant terrible shotgun snaps. 

LOVE the Friermuth pick. Tight End was an underrated hole on the team. I think over time he can become a Kelce like tight end who wins with physicality at the top of his routes. Ben will love him on 3rd downs and in the red zone. 

Love the demeanor he plays with as well. Complete opposite of Ebron in that regard. I know the “baby Gronk” name gets thrown out there a lot but I really think it applies to Friermuth (not in talent but the way he plays).  Two time team captain as a tight end for a big program like Penn State is really impressive as well.

Would really love to see Nasirladeen or Shaun Wade with our next pick.

17 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

LOVE the Friermuth pick. Tight End was an underrated hole on the team. I think over time he can become a Kelce like tight end who wins with physicality at the top of his routes. Ben will love him on 3rd downs and in the red zone. 

Love the demeanor he plays with as well. Complete opposite of Ebron in that regard. I know the “baby Gronk” name gets thrown out there a lot but I really think it applies to Friermuth (not in talent but the way he plays).  Two time team captain as a tight end for a big program like Penn State is really impressive as well.

Would really love to see Nasirladeen or Shaun Wade with our next pick.

It was going to be a massive hole going into next offseason.

I know I keep saying it but...it helps this year AND for the upcoming Rudolph/QB of future.