Jaguars sign TE Tim Tebow

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Who can be signed now and come in and competently play the role of a receiving TE?

Asking for a team that hasn’t been able to sign or draft a receiving TE for like a decade. 

Luke Willson. Tyler Eifert. Trey Burton. Jesse James. I mean, literally any other actual TE who has NFL experience in the past 6 years?

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Pruitt literally had 49 receiving yards last year, lol. Burton 150 receiving yards and a history of injuries. We already declined to bring Eifert back and he has a history of injuries too. Jesse James hasn't had over 150 yards since 2018.

All better options than Tebow. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Pruitt literally had 49 receiving yards last year, lol. Burton 150 receiving yards and a history of injuries. We already declined to bring Eifert back and he has a history of injuries too. Jesse James hasn't had over 150 yards since 2018.

That's 150 more receiving yards than Tim Tebow has ever had. Which brings us back to "why would you even waste a roster spot on this guy if it's not just for media garbage?"

If it wasn't for getting lucky and landing Trevor Lawrence, the Jaguars offseason moves have largely been curious. They been all about flash, not really substance. Tim Tebow is a terrible signing that is done basically because he had connections. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd rather roll with Trey Burton, bring back Tyler Eifert, Pruitt, or Jesse James, yes. 

I’m sure the Jaguars are definitely going to regret not signing a guy who has been in the league for 6 years, and has only eclipsed 100 yards in a season once.

You and I have wildly different ideas of what competent means. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

All better options than Tebow. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That's 150 more receiving yards than Tim Tebow has ever had. Which brings us back to "why would you even waste a roster spot on this guy if it's not just for media garbage?"

because he knows Urban Meyer's culture and brings more interest & marketing options than those other TEs. Again, we're talking about a roster spot on the 90 that likely is just going to be a camp and preseason body. The mere fact that there is a thread about him with 14+ pages of discussion is EXACTLY why he's a better option than these Old Yeller TEs that casuals wouldn't be able to identify in a police lineup. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m sure the Jaguars are definitely going to regret not signing a guy who has been in the league for 6 years, and has only eclipsed 100 yards in a season once.

honestly, this move is my breaking point. I'm becoming a 49ers fan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

If signing Tebow falls under that as well, then yea, we do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If signing Tebow falls under that as well, then yea, we do. 

Because people are definitely saying Tebow, who is likely signing a minimum/no guarantee contract, is a competent NFL TE.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He’s getting a spot on the 90 man roster. That’s all that’s been decided yet. Plenty of guys who don’t belong on NFL rosters get invites to the 90 man roster. In fact a good 25+ of them on every single team will never get another chance after the single chance they get in camp. 

Why would you waste a 90 man roster spot on him? Because every other option that was just given is a known complete waste and offers no upside over even someone like Manhertz who also can’t catch. At least Tebow offers the possibility that he could maybe be used in different ways and find some value sort of value as a receiver or a runner. And if he doesn’t? There’s a list of 37 players that the Jaguars will cut that he can become part of.

• Like 1

I fully expect Tebow to not make the team and be nothing more than a camp/preseason body who is a fun story. What's hilarious to me is how upset and riled up fans of other teams are in who we bring in as competition to be our third TE. 

Again. The mere fact that this thread exists with this many replies is 100% why you bring in Tim Tebow over those other Old Yeller TEs who aren't going to do anything either in 2021. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Minshew gonna be forced to give him 15.

That was question I was going to ask next.. Wasn't sure if anyone had 15. Or he'll wear 5 or some crap. Tight End #5

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

because he knows Urban Meyer's culture and brings more interest & marketing options than those other TEs. Again, we're talking about a roster spot on the 90 that likely is just going to be a camp and preseason body. The mere fact that there is a thread about him with 14+ pages of discussion is EXACTLY why he's a better option than these Old Yeller TEs that casuals wouldn't be able to identify in a police lineup. 

So then you agree it is a joke signing.  Which is 100% okay.  Let's just not try and make it seem like anything more than that.  When it comes to football though, it is dumb move.  They explain it well here too.

And he's right.  Imagine someone came up to you and said, let's hire this guy who hasn't done this in 8 years, and let's switch is position.  Nobody would dare sign him.  

So I don't get what ya'll are disagreeing with.  It is a undeniably bad football signing.  It is a good signing for $$ and publicity.  I don't think there is any serious long-term downside to it, I just find it rather silly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Because people are definitely saying Tebow, who is likely signing a minimum/no guarantee contract, is a competent NFL TE.

Whether or not you use Twitter, they def exist. 

now if you want to change that to competent people aren’t saying, I’m with you. 

• Like 1