Jaguars sign TE Tim Tebow

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

whats the reason to believe Tebow can even be a good receiving TE?

What’s the reason to believe anyone else currently available to sign can even be a good receiving TE?

38 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And we can debate the merit of the 90th roster spot in camp all we want, but I know from being a Ravens fan and following the Seahawks how often those teams hit on UDFA signings, so when you're actively choosing to sacrifice a roster spot for a guy like Tebow, it just doesn't sit well with me.

Yes, teams have a couple guys make the roster every year and some turn out to be really good players. They also have 37 players every single year that they bring into camp that don’t make the 53 man roster.

They’re not just signing him at the expense of one random UDFA, they’re signing him at the expense of the player that they think is the worst of the 90 players they’d otherwise be bringing into camp. So how often does a guy go from being viewed as the worst player to show up to camp to being a guy who makes the team?

33 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Hey bud, I'll send you a reminder in an hour so you don't forget to quote this for the 5th time without adding anything else to the discussion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

What’s the reason to believe anyone else currently available to sign can even be a good receiving TE?

i would probably bet my money on people who haven't been out of the sport for a decade and aren't moving to a position they've never played before

but i get it, the jags did it so it deserves to be defended by fans

Edited by Turnobili

8 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i would probably bet my money on people who haven't been out of the sport for a decade and aren't moving to a position they've never played before

So we should've siged an over the hill vet who can't produce and isn't on a roster in May instead?

Interesting. 

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

Hey bud, I'll send you a reminder in an hour so you don't forget to quote this for the 5th time without adding anything else to the discussion. 

I got 1913, I expect a notification 

7 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Who are these players available to sign that are going to be a good receiving tight end? Who are we missing out on? It's easy to say "there's someone out there who could be a good receiving TE" but not one person has mentioned a player that actually fits the move TE spot that the team is getting weird trying to address.

But I get it, Tebow is a big name so it deserves to be ridiculed by fans