Jaguars sign TE Tim Tebow

RaidersAreOne

Tebow proving to be a devoted blocker and making the team as a TE3/H-Back/FB/Emergency QB wouldn't be the craziest thing I've seen, even in the last couple years. 

Tebow hate has gone too far, there are some absolute trash players that get snaps in the NFL and I don't see why tebow couldn't join them. sounds like im making a joke and i am but im also dead serious. 

16 minutes ago, Dome said:

When will his jersey be available. 

f9990640228d9ac813ddf1d9c686c40b.jpg&f=1

Three available.  He's coming for you next, A-Rod (and will be part of the blockbuster trade.  You heard it here first.).  Then after Tim gets a couple rings in Houston, one season after ET80 becomes a Jags fan--Easterby disavows jersey sales so--Tebow lets Bill use him for one last rodeo.  #15, let it rip.

Edited by NudeTayne

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Tebow proving to be a devoted blocker and making the team as a TE3/H-Back/FB/Emergency QB wouldn't be the craziest thing I've seen, even in the last couple years. 

Tebow hate has gone too far, there are some absolute trash players that get snaps in the NFL and I don't see why tebow couldn't join them. sounds like im making a joke and i am but im also dead serious. 

Hasn't played a regular season game for 9 years, or a preseason game for 6 years. To my knowledge, he hasn't played a single snap at TE ever. His athleticism isn't anywhere CLOSE to taking this kind of a punt on a guy who hasn't played a regular season game for 9 years.

There's been plenty of team first, hard working guys who don't get the chances he gets. He's there to buy goodwill from Tebow's cult of white, Christian fans.

8 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

A guy saying he’s got unparalleled leadership and could provide that to the Jaguars. 

A guy saying that he’ll be made useful by Meyers.

A guy that suggests a media circus could actually be positive for its new HC and young QB. 

A guy saying there’s upside in this. 

A guy saying that crazier things have happened. 

Definitely people entertaining the idea that Tim brings something to the table. Definitely not just sour grapes at people rightfully calling this move a non-factor. 

tenor.gif

He was made useful by Meyer in college. Why not in the NFL? Meyer wouldn’t be wasting his time if he didn’t think he had some value. Nobody is expecting Travis Kelce. We are expecting a poor mans Taysom Hill. That is probably good enough for the 90 man roster...and though unlikely, maybe the opening day roster. This is not a strong roster, and Meyers experience with him gives him at least a chance. Not sure how that’s funny...but sure

52 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

He was made useful by Meyer in college. Why not in the NFL? 

He's going to be 34 years old.  THAT ALONE is a bad sign.  Plenty of good NFL players fall off at that age.  Tebow isn't good.

He's switching positions.

He hasn't played in the league in 8 years.

Tebow being useful in 2021, in the NFL, would literally defy everything we know about what it takes to succeed at a sport.  He's old, he's not trained, he's playing a position he hasn't played or ever learned at the pro-level.  

It's crazy to me that some people don't see how preposterous it is.  Yes it could happen, but only because anything *can* happen.  Tebow does not deserve this opportunity.  He's getting it because of who he knows and that is a 100% fact.  And that is okay, but there isn't some mysterious untapped potential with him like you keep suggesting.  

I mean I wouldn't even expect Cam Newton to pull off this transition, and Newton is A) a better athlete than Tebow, B) a better NFL player than Tebow ever was, by far, and C) actually been in the NFL.  If someone made a thread suggesting a team should sign Tebow, they would have been laughed at.  Nothing has changed.  Tebow is being signed because Meyer likes him, not because Tebow has done anything on the field to warrant it.  

And if Meyer legitimately, truly believes Tebow can be a successful NFL tight end?  Then the Jaguars have bigger concerns.  That is how ludicrous it is to suggest Tebow can be useful.  It could happen in the same way that Nathan Peterman could develop into a Peyton Manning.  Sure, it's possible.... but at the same time, not really.  I'd bet everything I own that a 34-year old Tim Tebow, 8 years out of the league, is not going to switch positions and have success.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He's going to be 34 years old.  THAT ALONE is a bad sign.  Plenty of good NFL players fall off at that age.  Tebow isn't good.

Those 34 year olds that fall off at that age also have the wear and tear of playing football for all those years prior.

I have no idea if Tebow will be able to handle the grind/his body will hold up, but comparing him at 34 to other NFL players isn't the same.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He's switching positions.

He hasn't played in the league in 8 years.

Tebow being useful in 2021, in the NFL, would literally defy everything we know about what it takes to succeed at a sport.  He's old, he's not trained, he's playing a position he hasn't played or ever learned at the pro-level.  

It's crazy to me that some people don't see how preposterous it is.  Yes it could happen, but only because anything *can* happen.  Tebow does not deserve this opportunity.  He's getting it because of who he knows and that is a 100% fact.  And that is okay, but there isn't some mysterious untapped potential with him like you keep suggesting.  

I mean I wouldn't even expect Cam Newton to pull off this transition, and Newton is A) a better athlete than Tebow, B) a better NFL player than Tebow ever was, by far, and C) actually been in the NFL.  If someone made a thread suggesting a team should sign Tebow, they would have been laughed at.  Nothing has changed.  Tebow is being signed because Meyer likes him, not because Tebow has done anything on the field to warrant it.  

And if Meyer legitimately, truly believes Tebow can be a successful NFL tight end?  Then the Jaguars have bigger concerns.  That is how ludicrous it is to suggest Tebow can be useful.  It could happen in the same way that Nathan Peterman could develop into a Peyton Manning.  Sure, it's possible.... but at the same time, not really.  I'd bet everything I own that a 34-year old Tim Tebow, 8 years out of the league, is not going to switch positions and have success.  

I agree that the age and time away from football is the biggest concern for me. But the guy almost has no wear. I don't know if I'd necessarily consider him along the typical timeline of an NFL player. I'm not expecting anything from the guy. There are obviously significant barriers to him making the team. But I don't see why people are so frustrated with him getting an opportunity. Seems like a lot of illogical haterade. Nobody is expecting Tebow to be good...that's beside the point.

I mean, let's look at this on the surface:

*Tim Tebow is likely the GOAT player Urban Meyer has ever coached and in the pantheon on college football players that have played in the last 25 years

*Tim Tebow clearly still wants to "live the dream" as a pro athlete (football and baseball)

*Urban Meyer is in his first year as a HC and being a classic narcissist and of course himself, is willing to give him a camp tryout, as "only positive" can come from it. It lets the media fixate on Tebow instead of other young rookies and Meyer, who would otherwise be under the microscope. 99% chance he gets cut, but a 100% chance he sells a ton of memorabilia in the next 3-4 months, and I wouldn't be surprised if he parlays his way onto the coaching staff at some point soon.

• Like 2