Jaguars sign TE Tim Tebow

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’ll be a bloodbath.

And doubly so if someone who can play the position gets cut or traded for dirt cheap and the Jaguars aren’t the one making the move. Because that’s what’s gonna move the needle for me and I assume others; if Waller gets cut and the Jaguars don’t try to sign him, or someone like Hurst gets traded to another team for a conditional 5th. Then it’s obvious that it’s not just about trying anything because nothing else makes sense, it’s wholly about Tebow getting one last time to play for Urban.

I'm betting on something a bit more unorthodox, where Urban does something totally Urban Meyer like and carries a 4th TE and it's Tebow while simultaneously deciding not to carry a 3rd QB on game day. I feel like I've seen this movie before, but I can't help myself but rewatch the made for tv trilogy when it's released on TBS in the middle of the summer.

Edited by MWil23

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I do think you're a hater. Tons of guys are brought in each year to every NFL team, and most don't pan out. Tebow is seemingly the only guy you have a problem being brought in...'cause haterade.

Lol you don't even know what you are arguing anymore.

One second it's anyone who says he doesn't deserve to be signed is a hater. At another point its "nobody is arguing he's earned this spot."  Which one is it man?

And again, I do not have a problem with Tim Tebow being brought in. How many more times do I need to make that clear?  The only thing I have argued in this thread is the people who keep trying to apply logic to this signing or trying to act like Tebow has a chance.  It's absolutely maddening.  Be entertained by Tebow being signed, but stop trying to act like Urban Meyer seriously evaluated Tim Tebow and decided, based on football reasons, he was the best person to sign.  That clearly didn't happen.  Literally nobody else in his position would ever be signed to a pro team.  

It's crazy this even needs to be explained.  For the last time, this is is a guy who is pushing 34 years old, a guy who sucked at his original position the last time he played, a guy who hasn't played in the regular season in 8 years and was cut in the preseason/camp by his last 2 teams (Patriots/Eagles), a guy who is now switching positions.  And ya'll are really trying to convince yourselves that Urban Meyer used a sliver of logic when making this signing lol it's a joke.    The fact that it is an awful signing is okay, because it is just training camp/offseason.  Nobody is saying otherwise.  But it is still a dumb signing.  Clearly.  

2 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

People are going to be real mad when he makes the team, gets listed at FB, has 4-6 rushing TDs, and makes the Pro Bowl as a FB lol.

All Tim Tebow having 1 good season a FB/TE would do is confirm that he threw away millions of dollars and an NFL career to play MiLB because he was too proud to play any other position but QB.

As a self-identified Urban Meyer hater and Tim Tebow hater, Tebow having a good season this year would just make me laugh.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As a self-identified Urban Meyer hater and Tim Tebow hater, Tebow having a good season this year would just make me laugh.

I'm sure he called his pre-game college football TV gig and double checked that he would still have his seat warm for him come Labor Day weekend.

...but let's be honest, a fully uniformed Tim Tebow interviewing someone on the sideline just before the game would be a 10/10 just to watch this place completely implode. 

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean, yeah.  It's a joke signing.  If a scout or team evaluatorwent up to a HC or GM and presented them the idea of signing Tim Tebow as a TE, and was 100% completely serious about it, he would probably be fired.  

It's a waste of resources.  A small resource, yes, but a resource nonetheless.  

And I know Jags fans will rush and try and correct me and tell me how it isn't a big deal.  But it sends a horrible message for a head coach to sign a guy just because he likes him.  Does it mean Meyer or the Jags are doomed?  Heck no, of course not.  But it's still a bad message.

I guarantee there are players on the Jags roster who feel the same way too.  Another reason why this idea that Tebow is gonna show up and just be some great leader is a crazy lol nobody is about to listen to him "lead" them or teach them about the culture.

Edited by iknowcool

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm sure he called his pre-game college football TV gig and double checked that he would still have his seat warm for him come Labor Day weekend.

...but let's be honest, a fully uniformed Tim Tebow interviewing someone on the sideline just before the game would be a 10/10 just to watch this place completely implode. 

Correct. And when Urban leaves Jacksonville in disgrace a few years from now, I'll bring this up as a sign even though we all know it doesn't matter.

14 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Correct. And when Urban leaves Jacksonville in disgrace a few years from now, I'll bring this up as a sign even though we all know it doesn't matter.

If Trevor Lawrence and/or Etienne turned out to be a fantastic human being despite having Dabo and Urban...what are you going to hang your hat on?

GIF by Giphy QA

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That is what I am thinking.  Tebow's success or failure aside, I think this is just another indicator that Urban Meyer has a lot to adjust to in regards to the cultural shift from college to the nfl locker room and general media environment.  Imagine if he was in a big market.  Easier to make these mistakes in Jacksonville.  But honestly, I am surprised he seems so clueless about it.  Makes me think he will fail in the nfl.  Didn't he already have to back track with an inappropriate coaching hire?  He will need to find success quick.  Lawrence should help, but a qb is not always enough.

• Like 1

Urban headed to the podium D-Day +1 in August about Tim Tebow making the active roster:

giphy.gif

Urban headed to the podium D-Day +2+13 about Tim Tebow making the active roster:

tenor.gif

Urban Meyer D-Day +14 when he realizes that he's going to be asked about Tim Tebow and not his team preparing to beat Opponent X Week 1:

oa-kT2.gif

Urban Meyer D-Day +16 when they happen to beat Opponent X Week 1 and Tebow was used on multiple snaps:

AnimatedImmaculateFoxterrier-max-1mb.gif

Urban Meyer D-Day +30 when they happen to beat Opponent Y Week 3, move to 2-1, and Tebow was used successfully down by the Goal line and scores a TD in some capacity:

zznRdPU.gif

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

And I know Jags fans will rush and try and correct me and tell me how it isn't a big deal.  But it sends a horrible message for a head coach to sign a guy just because he likes him.  Does it mean Meyer or the Jags are doomed?  Heck no, of course not.  But it's still a bad message.

How bad of a message? Like let’s say it wasn’t Tebow, but any other message that was equally as horrible, equally as bad, and equally as consequential, on a scale of… let’s say 1-27, how much attention do you think anyone would be paying to it? How much energy would anyone be putting into talking about how horrible of a message it was?

If we want to talk about horrible, truly damaging messaging, Urban has already done something magnitudes worse and far more damaging, and that got all of 5 pages of discussion on here. Last year, Tony Khan got into a Twitter spat with a player; that seems really bad messaging. Almost nobody talked about it. The Eagles were on camera having a very serious spat over a player they just drafted. Nowhere near the discussion about how terrible the messaging and behavior is.

If they did literally anything else that was equally as “damaging” or made any other stupid signing for their 90th roster spot, literally no one (other than maybe @ramssuperbowl99) would bother to talk about how Urban Meyer is an idiot. But because it’s Tebow, we gotta have a 27 page discussion where we detail how this is bad messaging and not a good signing. it’s bad and dumb, but if it was anything else on the same scale as this sits at the current state, there wouldn’t be anyone demanding acknowledgement over it being dumb because we’d all agree “who cares?”