Jaguars sign TE Tim Tebow

RaidersAreOne

Good signing he can play QB in an emergency so you only need to carry 2 QB’s

Haters gonna hate

Also people switch from QB to TE all the time so it must be pretty easy. Kelce used to be a QB, and countless other guys who play the position in the NFL.

I’m not writing him off as just a camp body

Edited by Kirill

48 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Good signing he can play QB in an emergency so you only need to carry 2 QB’s

If Lawrence goes down for extending time, then who is playing? 

Having Tebow would be more of an argument to not carrying 3 QBs. Not 2.

Also people switch from QB to TE all the time so it must be pretty easy. Kelce used to be a QB, and countless other guys who play the position in the NFL.

Kelce played QB in HS and made the transition to TE in college. He threw 1 pass in his college career. 

Obviously a QB can transition to TE with enough athleticism, but that should've happened early on in his career like at least after he failed as a QB. Logan Thomas is a recent example of a QB making the switch while in the league, but he started like at least 8 years before Tebow and was a bit faster coming out of college. Tebow is big as hell now though so at least he has the size/strength going for him. 

The main upside to this is the crazy Florida/Tebow fans might get to see him in camp or preseason and root for him to make the roster and likely sell a bunch of merch in the process. He's also a good guy, so doesn't hurt having him as a locker room guy, but yeah. There was options in the draft and after the draft in UDFA. They could've easily traded for Ertz. They could've snagged somebody in FA or a vet still out on the market.

I’m not writing him off as just a camp body

I mean their whole TE room is camp bodies, so.... yeah.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Saw this elsewhere:

If you want to know why people say the NFL has some systemic problems this is case in point. At the height of his athletic abilities 7+ years ago he would have been roughly comparable to Hunter Bryant Athletically based upon his combine data. You know the guys that went undrafted due to "his size and speed limitations at 6-2, 248 and a 4.72 forty."

For reference Tebow is 6-2, 236lbs and ran a 4.717 forty.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Saw this elsewhere:

If you want to know why people say the NFL has some systemic problems this is case in point. At the height of his athletic abilities 7+ years ago he would have been roughly comparable to Hunter Bryant Athletically based upon his combine data. You know the guys that went undrafted due to "his size and speed limitations at 6-2, 248 and a 4.72 forty."

For reference Tebow is 6-2, 236lbs and ran a 4.717 forty.”

Tebow looks like he's at least 250 lbs rn. Would definitely be interested in how fast he is at this point. If he's bulked up and is running the same as college like 11 years ago that would be pretty crazy. He obviously keeps his body in good condition though. Dude obviously loves playing and being on a team, cause he could be making good money as an analyst for probably any network of his choosing or doing something else (pastor?). 

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Tebow looks like he's at least 250 lbs rn. Would definitely be interested in how fast he is at this point. If he's bulked up and is running the same as college like 11 years ago that would be pretty crazy. He obviously keeps his body in good condition though. Dude obviously loves playing and being on a team, cause he could be making good money as an analyst for probably any network of his choosing or doing something else (pastor?). 

Intenerant preacher/motivational speaker, he could easily walk away with 250-300k per year.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Intenerant preacher/motivational speaker, he could easily walk away with 250-300k per year.

Oh no doubt. Tebow is a likable dude and could probably venture into a lot of things and probably be successful. 

Just don't think becoming a TE at 33 going on 34 sometime in camp is one of them, but if he pulls it off good for him.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

39 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Oh no doubt. Tebow is a likable dude and could probably venture into a lot of things and probably be successful. 

Just don't think becoming a TE at 33 going on 34 sometime in camp is one of them, but if he pulls it off good for him.

I'm all for him giving it a go. How many of us dreamed of playing in the nfl, and would love to have had a chance.

• Like 2

Shocked this didn't get locked yet lmao.

If he can't play he won't make it out of camp. If you're mad he was given an opportunity to begin with, who cares? If he can't, you get to say I told you so. 

Number changes, Schedule Release, and Tim Tebow....I think we're starved for content as NFL Fans. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I might just be me but if someone earns a warning in a thread about Tim Tebow then maybe it's time to shut it down completely lmao. That's just me though.

I'm trying to give it a chance. I have faith... but it's waning.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Number changes, Schedule Release, and Tim Tebow....I think we're starved for content as NFL Fans. 

Wait until news of Deshaun Watson's massage settlements hit... on the same day that Aaron Rodgers is traded to Miami.

Goodness, that's going to be a heavy drinking day for me...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If Lawrence goes down for extending time, then who is playing? 

Having Tebow would be more of an argument to not carrying 3 QBs. Not 2.

Gardner Mindshew? 

And don't most teams only carry 2 QB's now anyways? If Lawerence goes down they're screwed either way. And if Tim Tebow is starting at QB they'll probably get the #1 pick again in 2021.

Edited by NYRaider

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wait until news of Deshaun Watson's massage settlements hit... on the same day that Aaron Rodgers is traded to Miami.

Goodness, that's going to be a heavy drinking day for me...

When the Raiders somehow land Rodgers and Watson.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1