Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

5 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am not sure that is true.

There is a lot that doesn't work for him in Green Bay right now in terms of cap issues and its effect on getting talented team mates, location which affects his daily life, and personality clashes with various people.

Contract/security is the only socially acceptable issue for him to talk about.

Do you honestly think that if they offered him a fat extension at the end of the season, one that all but guaranteed he be the starter for 2+ more years that they'd be in this situation?  

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

If this is the case, they won't mind coughing up serious draft capital for the privilege of him playing for them, and GB should hold onto Rodgers to drive up the price and keep him from playing against them.

I'd imagine that if Rodgers is traded this offseason that serious draft capital will be exchanged.  I  also wouldn't confuse what a team will do and what a fan base will like.  IMO Green Bay's back is against the wall and other teams know that.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

I'd imagine that if Rodgers is traded this offseason that serious draft capital will be exchanged.  I  also wouldn't confuse what a team will do and what a fan base will like.  IMO Green Bay's back is against the wall and other teams know that.

They literally don’t have to do anything. That’s the opposite of having your back against the wall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SSG said:

I kinda disagree. Rodgers can only choose whether or not he plays this year. Green Bay can choose what team he plays for. If Rodgers doesn't want to play, I'm sure the front office will happily take the cap savings.

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

They literally don’t have to do anything. That’s the opposite of having your back against the wall.

If they don't care about value and the damage done to the locker room, yeah.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The aaron rodgers effect (negative) on GBs roster is hilariously bad.

That offensive line, Davante, and Aaron jones carried Rodgers to this MVP on the back of MLFs play calling.

The team should have no qualms about unloading Rodgers right now then, should they? Why then are they trying to fix things, flying out to meet with Rodgers repeatedly, etc.? Why don't they just let the elite talent and play calling carry Love? Maybe its because they've realized they've underestimated Rodgers skill level and that they'd rather compete in '21.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I kinda disagree. Rodgers can only choose whether or not he plays this year. Green Bay can choose what team he plays for. If Rodgers doesn't want to play, I'm sure the front office will happily take the cap savings.

We'll agree to disagree.  I don't think it's going to come to that.  If Rodgers comes out and says he's not returning to Green Bay he'll be traded this offseason. Green Bay doesn't gain anything by holding him hostage.  They aren't going to sacrifice the trade value for the cap space they'd gain if they forced him into retirement.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SSG said:

Oh I  know. The roster is loaded with high end elite talent that would start anywhere in the league.  We had the #1 offense in the NFL despite the terrible QB not because of him.  All the stuff we heard over the last 3 years about our terrible QB holding the offense back was completely true!  Everyone was responsible for the last couple years of success but 12.

Wouldn't doubt if this was an undefeated Super Bowl squad with Love instead of Rodgers! 👍

C'mon man.  Does it have to be either extreme?  Rodgers play in 2018 was nothing to write home about.  That's what brought on the talk of successor.  2019 still saw him struggling with a new system.  To deny that there is a decent amount of talent on this team is ludicrous.  Aaron didn't carry this team alone.  We have some damn good players and we won't be a 'bottom' 3 or 4 team in the league without him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SSG said:

Oh I  know. The roster is loaded with high end elite talent that would start anywhere in the league.  We had the #1 offense in the NFL despite the terrible QB not because of him.  All the stuff we heard over the last 3 years about our terrible QB holding the offense back was completely true!  Everyone was responsible for the last couple years of success but 12.

Wouldn't doubt if this was an undefeated Super Bowl squad with Love instead of Rodgers! 👍

Lol you're a hoot. I don't know how you even function on a daily basis.

The team is "ok" with elite QB play. Lmao

How I envision your daily routine:

SSG wakes up to check GB roster and asks self "was every player other than Aaron Rodgers an All-Pro?" If no: team is trash. 

SSG asks self "Are all of my teeth falling out?" If no: don't need to brush teeth today

SSG asks self: "Is it above 75F outside?" If no: wear snowsuit underneath other snowsuit. If yes: wear bathing suit.

SSG asks self: "am I hungry right now?" If yes: eat all food in house. If no: don't eat today.

Am I close?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

SSG wakes up to check GB roster and asks self "was every player other than Aaron Rodgers an All-Pro?" If no: team is trash. 

SSG asks self "Are all of my teeth falling out?" If no: don't need to brush teeth today

SSG asks self: "Is it above 75F outside?" If no: wear snowsuit underneath other snowsuit. If yes: wear bathing suit.

SSG asks self: "am I hungry right now?" If yes: eat all food in house. If no: don't eat today.

Am I close?

This is gold. Wish I could spam like it lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

C'mon man.  Does it have to be either extreme?  Rodgers play in 2018 was nothing to write home about.  That's what brought on the talk of successor.  2019 still saw him struggling with a new system.  To deny that there is a decent amount of talent on this team is ludicrous.  Aaron didn't carry this team alone.  We have some damn good players and we won't be a 'bottom' 3 or 4 team in the league without him.

Saying Aaron Rodgers was "carried" to a MVP isn't extreme?  

We'll see.  This team was special last year because of it's offense and I think that we would see a DRASTIC decline without 12.  We'll see if Lafleur is the offensive genius he's made out to be when he's not getting quality play from his QB.  In Tennessee he had good offensive line and the best RB in the NFL and his offense was ranked 27th in the league because of the QB.  

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Am I close?

Go away kid.  You've spent 3 years talking about how trash of a QB Aaron Rodgers is.  Your opinion now isn't all that surprising after he hurt your fragile feelings because he doesn't want to play in Green Bay.  Not all that surprised that you are back to hating him again.  Not sure what the issue was..... I agreed with you.  Our QB is terrible and was carried by our star studded offense.  You can go back to your regular scheduled program blaming everything on the QB.  I mean you looked kinda fake this year anyway given the trash you've been spewing about how terrible he was the previous 2 seasons.  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Actually they ranked 1st in 2018 under MLF.

lol..... okie dokie.  Looks like to me that they had the 27th ranked offense in points scored and 25th in yards.