Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

55 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

From all the issues we do know, no imagined one even comes close to justifying this ridiculous behavior. 

I guess I just want to add if this is just posturing to get a better contract, then I’m not bothered that much by it. But if he really forces his way out, then he can get bent. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

"Knowing Aaron, and I think I know him fairly well, if he has a grudge, whether it be against the organization or a player or an arch rival, family, friends, he ain't budging. I don't see him coming back if this is not resolved, whatever the issue is. Even if it's resolved but he feels like they have one up on him, he ain't going to play. Knowing Aaron, he would sit"

Brett also cautioned people from jumping to conclusions.

Kind of chuckled when I read that.

41 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

lmao

He also liked a Nagler tweet reminding everyone that it was Gute who cut Jordy Nelson. Is he just backing up a good friend/former teammate or is it a not-so-subtle dig at Gute? Considering the current context, looks like the latter.   

Some fans are worried that if Rodgers leaves, Adams won't re-sign

Here's a plot twist. If Rodgers leaves - Gute let's Adams walk. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm not saying it should happen, I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me

Edited by cannondale

1 hour ago, Les Punting said:

He also liked a Nagler tweet reminding everyone that it was Gute who cut Jordy Nelson. Is he just backing up a good friend/former teammate or is it a not-so-subtle dig at Gute? Considering the current context, looks like the latter.   

Little bit of both.

Davante also loves to troll so I'm sure he's getting a kick out of this. 

8 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

It also gives him plausible deniability if he comes back.

So much this... if they get his contract fixed and he comes back he's gonna say that it was all media driven and that nothing ever actually happened.

@AlexGreen#20explained it perfectly a few pages back:

It's very likely some kind of contract happens and when that works itself out Rodgers will come out on McAfee and chuckle placatingly and point out how the media loves to "use their unnamed sources to stir up drama" and how his relationship with the Packers is family like and how families have disputes, and how contract negotiations can get tenuous and the media takes the stuff out of hand and blows it up. How it's not his job to refute every media report that comes out, and nobody is going to have the guts to ask him about how a report from Schefter isn't "every media report" and instead the local media will go back to fondling his balls. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Todd Rosiak -    Aaron Rodgers doing a commercial for Bergstrom Autos on the video board between innings, and I'm hearing some audible booing from the crowd.

Intelligent. Boo the guy who has made Packers football relevant since 2009. 

6 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Petty stuff.

All of these stories and tweets are fun but this situation is still way too simple IMO:

1. There is virtually 0% chance Rodgers is traded this year. It would be dumb for GB and Rodgers. It's too late in the game for Rodgers to go somewhere else that puts him in a better position to win in 2021 (post draft/FA) and it makes zero sense for GB to trade him post-draft but pre-start of the season. You want to maximize the draft pick in the first year, which wouldn't happen if you deal Rodgers and suddenly add 8-10 wins to that team's record. Plus, there are $38m reasons for GB to not trade him right now. A trade isnt happening in 2021.

2. Rodgers isn't retiring. This is a stupid rumor that can be thrown in the trash.

3. Rodgers isn't sitting out. You think come September, Rodgers is just going to sit at home? I just don't see that happening.

There are really only two likely scenarios here, both resulting in Rodgers playing for GB this season:

1. Rodgers and Gute work out a deal where he plays here in 2021, does a modest contract maneuver, and in return, he basically gets a guarantee that GB will trade him next February to a desired location (probably a list of teams and GB gets to take the best offer). This is probably the best solution. This makes 12 happy because he has some control over the next destination and also allows the Packers to better plan his exit and give Love one more year on the bench to develop. Everyone keeps this hush hush internally and 12 plays one more season knowing it's his last. 

2. Less likely scenario, GB completely gives in to Rodgers and extends him to a new mega deal that ties him up in GB for at least another 3 years. This is what he really wants (this is what this entire thing is about, the rest is just noise), and Gute breaks, gives in, gives him the deal and the Packers decommit to a future with Love as the successor. 

• Like 1