Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

15 minutes ago, spilltray said:

He's under contract 3 more years, and doesn't have THAT MUCH leverage. He was paid to be a MVP level QB on this contract as a starting point, and it's the first season of it that it wasn't slightly disappointing. 

Great QBs always have the leverage after their rookie contract. They do in fact get to determine their future. 

48 minutes ago, Pugger said:

He's probably speculating what will happen.  We are all speculating.  Not one of us here really knows (nor do the pundits in the media).  AR isn't talking and the folks at 1265 aren't forthcoming either.  

Except for me. Heck, I AM 1265, so of course I know.....................but the inner circle of the Packers have a death on disclosure clause, so if I told you the truth, then I'd have to kill you, or at least myself.

• Like 2

The front office is saying all the right things publicity but after June 1 he's out of here. I've been hearing too many reports that they already have a deal done with Den. All this we love Aaron we want Aaron is to give them cover from the die hard Rodgers fans when they move him. I believe Mark Schlereth I believe they have a deal done. No way Elway passes on fields unless he knew he was landing Rodgers.

Their goal was to move Rodgers after this year anyways and use the Seattle and KC blueprint, which was load the roster with talent and win a SB on a rookie QB deal.

He's ultimately going to Denver folks, there's just too much smoke coming out of their local media and the national media. We know Elway loves old proven QB's and he can give the most compensation. If it weren't for the cap hit he would've been gone on draft day.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean the guy cut off his family, makes you really think how slim our chances are.

TBF to GB if the family members I'm on the outs with kicked me a couple hundred mil over the past decade and a half, I'd be more inclined to be nice to them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, St Vince said:

The front office is saying all the right things publicity but after June 1 he's out of here. I've been hearing too many reports that they already have a deal done with Den. All this we love Aaron we want Aaron is to give them cover from the die hard Rodgers fans when they move him. I believe Mark Schlereth I believe they have a deal done. No way Elway passes on fields unless he knew he was landing Rodgers.

Their goal was to move Rodgers after this year anyways and use the Seattle and KC blueprint, which was load the roster with talent and win a SB on a rookie QB deal.

He's ultimately going to Denver folks, theirs just too much smoke coming out of their local media and the national media. We know Elway loves old proven QB's and he can give the most compensation. If it weren't for the cap hit he would've been gone on draft day.

They've made several trips to California to try and work this out.  The Packers brass isn't ready to hand things over to Love yet .. Love's not ready, and the Packers were kind of all-in on 2021 with Rodgers at the helm.  The Schlereth rumor turned out to be a bust.  It could still happen he winds up in Denver, but it's doubtful there is a pre-arranged deal in place.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

2) Love traded

Trading Love makes absolutely no sense and I don't believe Aaron Rodgers actually wants it (though some of the fans do).  Say, hypothetically, Aaron Rodgers breaks his collarbone again- if Love is traded, who exactly are we lining up at quarterback while Rodgers heals?  

Tim Boyle is with the Lions now, the Packers have exactly 2 QBs on their roster, and any veteran who is available off the street that can win you a game is going to cost more on your roster than Jordan Love.

I mean, Love's agent is Rodgers' agent as well, so that guy (Dave Dunn) is probably going to steer the issue away from "one of my clients has it out for another one of my clients" anyway.

• Like 1

Would not be surprised if one of the top things Rodgers and his agent is going to want if he does return for the 2021 season is an opt out clause after 2021. The chance at an open market in FA would lead to another 100M+ windfall them and leave the Packers with nothing in return. Just how bad does everyone want another chance at a SB with this all in group?  

6 minutes ago, R T said:

Would not be surprised if one of the top things Rodgers and his agent is going to want if he does return for the 2021 season is an opt out clause after 2021. The chance at an open market in FA would lead to another 100M+ windfall them and leave the Packers with nothing in return. Just how bad does everyone want another chance at a SB with this all in group?  

Not bad enough to give into Rodgers demands. 

8 minutes ago, R T said:

No chance I do that. Outside shot at SB with enormous QB1 contract and rough schedule vs giving up on 3 future first round picks doesn't appeal to me as a GM.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No chance I do that. Outside shot at SB with enormous QB1 contract and rough schedule vs giving up on 3 future first round picks doesn't appeal to me as a GM.

Agreed if he's this bad on the FO then move on trade him and get as much as you can. Don't take garbage but if someone is coming with a couple first rounders trade him away. Send him where we can who cares where. Best return we should be open for business and field every call and any call with the exception of the NFCN.