Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've officially reached the point where if Rodgers came out tomorrow with a glowing tweet saying how much he loves GB, and that he was reporting for camp and excited to chase another SB, my response would be, trade him to Denver or LV.

What a petty, insecure, sad person. How does he have friends? Lol. Do you have to walk on eggshells your entire life around him and never jokingly talk crap in order to not end up on the 100 year long Aaron Rodgers irrevocable grudge list??

He came in and immediately talked crap to Favre, made jokes about him being old, and so forth. So he's also a massive hypocrite.

That's for the 16 fun years Aaron, I'll probably forgive you in 5 years like I did Favre. Until then, you need to do some work on yourself cause damn you are overly sensitive, petty and insecure.

Cool story bro. You literally know nothing about these situations and sound like a fool.

• Like 1

Not sure how a lot of you don't accept Rodgers' side of this. I am pretty well on both sides and am interested to see how it plays out. 

My take on all of this is that Rodgers wants what Brady had in New England. Short deals or the option for himself to opt out of the deal and go somewhere else since he feels he has given GB enough to warrant that. OR he wants a contract that guarantees his future here for the next few years. I don't see how either of those are unreasonable for him after 16 years. The org is not willing to do either, so he wants out. How is that unreasonable? I would want the same. I feel he's earned that.

I understand and agree with the org's side as well. 17-19 were certainly declining years and they felt they needed to be ready to move on if needed. So they drafted Love, a raw prospect who needs a few years. Then Rodgers has an MVP season, and they are kinda stuck. Love isn't ready or else we wouldn't have all this drama. Rodgers is upset that the Packers didn't go all in the last couple years and history shows they wouldn't be willing to do that going forward. But the Packers won't mortgage the future to try to win a chip, which I have mixed thoughts about, but I understand why they don't want to move on from Love and give the keys to Aaron for 4 years- what happens if he goes back to 17-19 level? They're stuck and lose the prospect. 

• Like 1

Just now, JBURGE said:

My take on all of this is that Rodgers wants what Brady had in New England. Short deals or the option for himself to opt out of the deal and go somewhere else since he feels he has given GB enough to warrant that. OR he wants a contract that guarantees his future here for the next few years. I don't see how either of those are unreasonable for him after 16 years. The org is not willing to do either, so he wants out. How is that unreasonable? I would want the same. I feel he's earned that.

He agreed to the long-term deal.

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Not sure how a lot of you don't accept Rodgers' side of this. I am pretty well on both sides and am interested to see how it plays out. 

I understand and agree with the org's side as well. 17-19 were certainly declining years and they felt they needed to be ready to move on if needed. So they drafted Love, a raw prospect who needs a few years. Then Rodgers has an MVP season, and they are kinda stuck. Love isn't ready or else we wouldn't have all this drama. Rodgers is upset that the Packers didn't go all in the last couple years and history shows they wouldn't be willing to do that going forward. But the Packers won't mortgage the future to try to win a chip, which I have mixed thoughts about, but I understand why they don't want to move on from Love and give the keys to Aaron for 4 years- what happens if he goes back to 17-19 level? They're stuck and lose the prospect. 

That's where I stand too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

Would not be surprised if one of the top things Rodgers and his agent is going to want if he does return for the 2021 season is an opt out clause after 2021. The chance at an open market in FA would lead to another 100M+ windfall them and leave the Packers with nothing in return. Just how bad does everyone want another chance at a SB with this all in group?  

Murphy is going to be the do good ambassador, and jack this whole thing up.  Watch!!!!!  

"Aaron has done a lot for the Packers and we will release him following this season"

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

so what? Contracts can be amended. I doubt they signed that feeling it would last the whole term. 

He's signed 3 contract extensions since he's been here.  6 years, 5 years, and 4 years.

Brett ends his radio interview with a positive thought.

More from Favre on @WildeAndTausch: "I’d like to see [Rodgers] win a Super Bowl in Green Bay, another one. The things is, life’s too short, I want him to be happy. ... Win another Super Bowl and then do what you want to do, whether it’s keep playing or play somewhere else."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Not sure how a lot of you don't accept Rodgers' side of this

Not sure how anyone can accept Rodgers' side of this

He should pay back part of his signing bonus for the years he didn't live up to the contract if he think he deserves more money for the year he exceeded it.

The contract is the great equalizer. I'll never understand why people think it's "ok" for players to want to break a contract. Why should the teams absorb 100% of the risk? The contract is THE vehicle to equally disperse risk so it's agreeable to both sides.

It makes zerozerozerozero sense why people implicitly think teams should absorb ALL the risk.

GB and Rodgers both made a bet (the contract). Rodgers "won" the first 2 years by earning more money than he deserved. GB "won" year 3 by getting better performance than the contract was worth. Suddenly, one side (after said performance) DEMANDS a risk readjustment? GTFO.

Only way I'd EVER support that is if players are forced to give back part of their paycheck for underperformances as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Rodgers has been aggressively hated on this board for the better part of the last 3 years.  Fans wanting him to play on a lame duck deal for the benefit of the franchise shouldn't be all that surprising.  ANY extension that would have given 5th Down security with Green Bay or control over his future would have been vehemently hated by most.  

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Rodgers has been aggressively hated on this board for the better part of the last 3 years.  Fans wanting him to play on a lame duck deal for the benefit of the franchise shouldn't be all that surprising.  ANY extension that would have given 5th Down security with Green Bay or control over his future would have been vehemently hated by most.  

Not by most of us .. .this latest crap has pushed some of us against him.  I don't have a lot of sympathy for temper tantrums from muli-millionair athletes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Fans wanting him to play on a lame duck deal for the benefit of the franchise shouldn't be all that surprising. 

why did him and his agent sign a lame duck deal for 3 years?

massively idiotic of both of them, right?

• Like 3

Just now, incognito_man said:

why did him and his agent sign a lame duck deal for 3 years?

massively idiotic of both of them, right?

Must be Gutey's fault. That $67,000,000 paycheck he took home year 1 is just totally us screwing Aaron over.

• Like 4