Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

Rodgers isn't getting the job hosting Jeopardy. He was ok, but the ratings bump from football fans won't last and wasn't just "ok".

Alex Trebec wasn't a drama queen

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Over reaction I'm thinking.  Sure there were some posters who were anti-Rodgers, there's always a few.  That being said, there were many more posters who backed Rodgers ... way more.  He was certainly whacked for his play after losing a game but praised and applauded when he won them.  Just didn't see "all the hate" for Rodgers you have. 

Certainly happened more after loses but you aren't accusing a player you like that he was purposely losing football games.  

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

He's literally negotiating from a position of no strength.  He can ask for it, but the Packers won't give it to him.

I don't know how you can claim that. He controls the Packers hopes and dreams of a SB this year, hardly no strength. Is he bluffing? Probably, but would you put anything passed Rodgers in a pissing match. 

1 minute ago, R T said:

I don't know how you can claim that. He controls the Packers hopes and dreams of a SB this year, hardly no strength. Is he bluffing? Probably, but would you put anything passed Rodgers in a pissing match. 

IMO he will sit this year if need be....

12 minutes ago, SSG said:

No, not wrong.  Right now Preston Smith is earning less than he would have prior to Green Bay's demand.  You are twisting it in favor of the franchise just as you twist EVERYTHING.  God forbid you ever hold the GBP's accountable for something.  Calling that a win for Smith is disingenuous.  Maybe better than getting cut outright but absolutely not better than the contract that both he and the Packers signed the year previous.  

you are so clueless, man

Why did Preston agree to it if it's not a "win" for him?

What world do you live in? One where players meekly give into "demands" of an all-powerful team because GB is holding his momma hostage or something? 

What the actual hell is your understanding of contracts and how they work? Do you realize both sides willingly sign them?

7 minutes ago, R T said:

Except trading him muddles up our cap space this year and next.

11 minutes ago, SSG said:

Not upsetting at all.  I'm just pointing out the disgusting hypocrisy fans have towards players when they do something similar.  It's ok for a team to drop a guy on his head after a down year but they're up in arms about a player who wants to treat a contract in exactly the same manner.  

This isn't that situation, we've offered Aaron more money, he's declined to sign on the dotted line.

Just now, CWood21 said:

That is the real kicker. Trading him isn't just opening up the cap space for the next few years. Its a detriment to our cap so the trade has to account for that or no dice. Let him sit his butt at home and waste this year. I really don't care. Waiting till the day of the draft to air all his dirty laundry has really rubbed me the wrong way. 

8 minutes ago, SSG said:

Not upsetting at all.  I'm just pointing out the disgusting hypocrisy fans have towards players when they do something similar.  It's ok for a team to drop a guy on his head after a down year but they're up in arms about a player who wants to treat a contract in exactly the same manner.  

What is missed and probably not understood by the people that make that comparison is that the clause in handling of those contracts from the ownership and player sides was collectively bargained. The only people the players have to blame is their own labor leadership.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So what does that have to do with saying that Rodgers has no strength in this situation?

Rodgers has no leverage. Retiring is not a viable option for someone at this point in his career. Green Bay needs to look at what makes the most sense for the team and decide what to do based on that. If that's work things out for a year, fine. If it's deal him for a big haul, fine.

It is a little disheartening how many people have completely turned on the guy though. He literally hasn't said anything and he's getting boo'ed at baseball games and thrown to the wolves in here. To those calling him petty, while certainly he is, it's just as petty to flip out over this and hate him now.

Edited by Bullet Club

4 minutes ago, R T said:

What is missed and probably not understood by the people that make that comparison is that the clause in handling of those contracts from the ownership and player sides was collectively bargained. The only people the players have to blame is their own labor leadership.

Completely agree.  NFL contracts might as well be written on toilet paper and it will always be that way until players decide that taking a season + off is worth the sacrifice.