Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed.

But there's still nothing inherently wrong with how teams (and players!) structure contracts in the NFL.

A contract is a contract is a contract. There's not much legal wiggle room that would allow for one side to significantly "screw" the other party. There's a slot of expenditure every team must adhere to, and players and teams agree to contracts that fit into that framework.

It's not that complicated (big picture) so I'm always SO confused when fans think teams are pulling one over on a player via contract actions. That literally never happens because it's illegal. But some fans don't see this somehow. (Not you).

Agreed. My point is about negotiating for more guaranteed money from the collective bargaining side. Bitching about players contracts being unfair is an empty complaint.  

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Raiders will take both Rodgers and Adams for 3 1sts, 2 2nd’s, a 3rd, Carr, and Abram. Thanks. 

I'd take it. That's a hell of an offer.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Deal

Interesting. I thought some GB fans would say I’m lowballing but Carr is easily worth a minimum 1st/3rd right now. Top 15 QB and miles better than Jared Goff. About the same skill level as Stafford as well. 

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Agreed. My point is about negotiating for more guaranteed money from the collective bargaining side. Bitching about players contracts being unfair is an empty complaint.  

more guaranteed as part of the salary cap? i.e. 51% for players instead of 47.5% (or whatever it's at currently)?

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Trade Rodgers, trade Adams, cut P.Smith after '21. Leaves you with a streamlined roster and cap. '21 and '22 are throw away years anyway. Find out if Love is the guy, hit on another draft or two, spend money as needed.

I'm ok with those moves, but that definitely doesn't make 21 and 22 throwaway years...Jared friggin Goff made the playoffs and the Super Bowl in his 2nd and 3rd years respectively.

That's the framework to follow. And cross your fingers you develop Love to be a better QB than Goff is/was.

The NFL needs fully guaranteed contracts for its players, and until they do, I will not agree that the players don't get the short end of the stick. If you think a fully guaranteed contract puts all of the risk on the team, you're wrong. 

Can we all pause and take a moment to appreciate Brian Gutekunst?

If all these leaks and reports are true... he is living rent free in Rodgers head. Like objectively Rodgers has everything a human on this earth could want. Yet he is texting his buddies about the big bad mean Gute that is breaking up the dynasty.

Bravo Brian... for breaking Rodgers’s mind.

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Done!

Just a small fine print: Abram sucks (but still oozes potential), and Carr is a totally fine Top 15 QB but in the realllllly cold games (like less than 30 degrees), he’s gonna suck. 

Just now, Green19 said:

Can we all pause and take a moment to appreciate Brian Gutekunst?

If all these leaks and reports are true... he is living rent free in Rodgers head. Like objectively Rodgers has everything a human on this earth could want. Yet he is texting his buddies about the big bad mean Gute that is breaking up the dynasty.

Bravo Brian... for breaking Rodgers’s mind.

It doesn't even make sense... Outside of a great #2 WR this is the most talented Packers team that Rodgers has gotten to play on since 2010..... 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

The NFL needs fully guaranteed contracts for its players, and until they do, I will not agree that the players don't get the short end of the stick. If you think a fully guaranteed contract puts all of the risk on the team, you're wrong. 

I agree that contracts are tipped in favor of the team, but this is something that needs to be addressed via the collective bargaining agreement.

In an injury plagued sport, it is a very complicated issue.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Just a small fine print: Abram sucks (but still oozes potential), and Carr is a totally fine Top 15 QB but in the realllllly cold games (like less than 30 degrees), he’s gonna suck. 

That's ok I'd do it just for the picks.