Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

None of this is about money anymore, it's already widely reported we offered him more money.

This is solely about feelings now, and Rodgers is pretty and adamant about holding a grudge that can only be broken if we fire the people who hurt his feelings.

Elementary school ****.

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

None of this is about money anymore, it's already widely reported we offered him more money.

This is solely about feelings now, and Rodgers is pretty and adamant about holding a grudge that can only be broken if we fire the people who hurt his feelings.

Elementary school ****.

Perhaps. But that's assuming some reports are true that are contradicted by others who have had interaction with Rodgers.

Let's say I'm remodeling my kitchen. I sign a contract w/ a contractor to pay them 50% upfront, 30% when it's halfway done, and 20% when it's all done.

My kitchen is halfway done, and I've paid out 80%. 

Now the contractor is like "well damn, I'd really love to remodel 3 other rooms in your house too!" 

And I'm like "not interested, please finish my kitchen"

contractor is like "how about I don't finish your kitchen until you sign a new contract for the rest of your house?"

with the Rodgers situation, people are like "yeah, that makes sense for the contractor - he just wants more job security! I can understand why he'd threaten to not finish the kitchen until he gets that new contract."

(Aaron is the contractor, here, everyone - who collected 80% of the money for half a job and demands more security before finishing the contracted job)

NOBODY would be ok with that in real-life, right?

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Elementary school ****.

Couldn't agree more, this is some petty **** to be real. At this point, we just need to trade him. With the way Davante Adams is approaching social media now, it's clear this is effecting the locker room. Just make the move and let's start the rebuild.

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Rodgers isn't above the law, but he certainly warrants special consideration. 

No.

we do have a MAJOR disconnect here. I agree. This sort of thinking will cut the balls off a franchise in a second. I'm glad the team I root for doesn't agree with this stance.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Perhaps. But that's assuming some reports are true that are contradicted by others who have had interaction with Rodgers.

I believe Hawk was nothing more than save face mode. Same with the Tirico comments. He's mocking Gute to our team, he wants him out.

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't disagree with this. I don't think this is geared around him wanting more money, just wanting job security. If he wants to reset the market and guarantee everything then yeah show him the door. 

I don't think it has to do with money or job security. I think he wants to win super bowls and blames the lack thereof on the front office. And, to that point he is probably right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Couldn't agree more, this is some petty **** to be real. At this point, we just need to trade him. With the way Davante Adams is approaching social media now, it's clear this is effecting the locker room. Just make the move and let's start the rebuild.

It could certainly come to that. But let's pump the breaks. I don't trust the accuracy a lot of the information coming out right now.

Just now, dafreak said:

I don't think it has to do with money or job security. I think he wants to win super bowls and blames the lack thereof on the front office. And, to that point he is probably right.

he could come play for a team that made it to two straight NFCCG's, on the cusp of a Super Bowl, with the entire gang back together. He could have restructured so we could have signed him a weapon like JuJu Smith Schuster.

this has nothing to do with winning...

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

And our disconnect is that this is how I would treat someone like Elgton Jenkins, not the face of the franchise. Rodgers isn't above the law, but he certainly warrants special consideration. 

GB giving Favre special considerations was part of the that dynamic 12-15 years ago.   Why would the organization repeat that process?  I recall that is something Rodgers was against happening in his early years, to be similar to all other players on the team and not get special treatment/considerations.  

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

It could certainly come to that. But let's pump the breaks. I don't trust the accuracy a lot of the information coming out right now.

I was on board with pumping the breaks until Davante started making subtle tweets / insta posts that actually just continue to add fuel to this fire. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I believe Hawk was nothing more than save face mode. Same with the Tirico comments. He's mocking Gute to our team, he wants him out.

Could be. But again, I think there's a lot of conjecture circulating too for people that need to write stories/produce content, and I'll wait to sift through the BS. Hopefully 12 addresses it himself soon.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Which is weird since the team they have now is good enough to win and were in the best position possible this past season to do so and simply blew it. If this was after 2018 it would make more sense with how the team and roster looked to be on the down swing(Rodgers included)

Just now, dafreak said:

Lol cause that's why the Raiders are one of the solutions, cause SBs are his reasoning.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Trade hi to *wherever* we get the best deal. (Read: Siberia)
If he refuses to report there? Oh well.
We offered the extension - he declined it.
We offered a trade - he declined it.
Oh well. Retire or sit it out.