Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

To resolve this issue and him to play in 2021:

1) Rodgers wants to extend his contract, further locking him in and add a NTC. 

2) Love traded

(The totality is that he is the only QB starting for GB for next 4-5 years, he can't be traded unless under his terms and no competition behind him)

Do u do it?

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

All of these stories and tweets are fun but this situation is still way too simple IMO:

1. There is virtually 0% chance Rodgers is traded this year. It would be dumb for GB and Rodgers. It's too late in the game for Rodgers to go somewhere else that puts him in a better position to win in 2021 (post draft/FA) and it makes zero sense for GB to trade him post-draft but pre-start of the season. You want to maximize the draft pick in the first year, which wouldn't happen if you deal Rodgers and suddenly add 8-10 wins to that team's record. Plus, there are $38m reasons for GB to not trade him right now. A trade isnt happening in 2021.

2. Rodgers isn't retiring. This is a stupid rumor that can be thrown in the trash.

3. Rodgers isn't sitting out. You think come September, Rodgers is just going to sit at home? I just don't see that happening.

There are really only two likely scenarios here, both resulting in Rodgers playing for GB this season:

1. Rodgers and Gute work out a deal where he plays here in 2021, does a modest contract maneuver, and in return, he basically gets a guarantee that GB will trade him next February to a desired location (probably a list of teams and GB gets to take the best offer). This is probably the best solution. This makes 12 happy because he has some control over the next destination and also allows the Packers to better plan his exit and give Love one more year on the bench to develop. Everyone keeps this hush hush internally and 12 plays one more season knowing it's his last. 

2. Less likely scenario, GB completely gives in to Rodgers and extends him to a new mega deal that ties him up in GB for at least another 3 years. This is what he really wants (this is what this entire thing is about, the rest is just noise), and Gute breaks, gives in, gives him the deal and the Packers decommit to a future with Love as the successor. 

You are rationalizing what you want to happen. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

To resolve this issue and him to play in 2021:

1) Rodgers wants to extend his contract, further locking him in and add a NTC. 

2) Love traded

(The totality is that he is the only QB starting for GB for next 4-5 years, he can't be traded unless under his terms and no competition behind him)

Do u do it?

No, don't want the 2017-2019 Aaron Rodgers back again for 4-5 more years.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, R T said:

No, don't want the 2017-2019 Aaron Rodgers back again for 4-5 more years.  

This.

I would have been reluctant to extend Rodgers before all this, now it's a hard no. I don't expect it to be good value for the time you are stuck paying.

1 hour ago, R T said:

He's probably speculating what will happen.  We are all speculating.  Not one of us here really knows (nor do the pundits in the media).  AR isn't talking and the folks at 1265 aren't forthcoming either.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spilltray said:

This.

I would have been reluctant to extend Rodgers before all this, now it's a hard no. I don't expect it to be good value for the time you are stuck paying.

He just had an MVP season. Now is the time where he holds the most power (that he'll have for the remainder of his career). Hence why I can see him figuring out which team commits to starting him for 4-5 years. If not GB, forcing a move out to another team.

Can't see Rodgers saying "ok I'll play 2021 and then you can trade me". He'll lose all his power/leverage under that scenario.

17 hours ago, SSG said:

Any other franchise will love him just as much as Green Bay fans used to if he's winning football games.  

I dunno, I feel like Favre wore out his welcome with the Jets and Vikes in pretty short order. Basically both teams found out within one season that he was who everyone said he was, and I doubt you'll see many people rocking 4 jerseys in the stands at either teams' games. 

Same with Rodgers - a team will cough up big draft capital, the fans will probably be split as we are here ("that's too much, he's a diva"/ "OUR SAVIOR HAS ARRIVED"), both sides of fandom will enjoy him playing at a high level and doing spectacular things until the inevitable crash (for Favre, it would be stupid turnovers, often in big games; for Rodgers, it would be his pettiness and poutiness towards the front office and his inability to own his shortcomings)

No extension ... just give him straight up cash and work his deal so he's here for 2021 and 2022.  Structure that deal so the out is after the 2022 season.  Rodgers gets two years of security .. Love gets two years to get his game in line to be a starter.  New deal for Adams .. new deal for Alexander .. large parts of their contract to be structured for 2023 and 2024 when Love is on a cheap deal.  Easy as pie!

1 hour ago, R T said:

Yes I'm being rational. I'm also making deductions based on current evidence before us and how these things historically work out. That's why I know it's laughable that Rodgers is going to retire or sit out one of his precious remaining seasons and also why a trade is virtually impossible for either side at this point this season. 

21 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

He just had an MVP season. Now is the time where he holds the most power (that he'll have for the remainder of his career). Hence why I can see him figuring out which team commits to starting him for 4-5 years. If not GB, forcing a move out to another team.

Can't see Rodgers saying "ok I'll play 2021 and then you can trade me". He'll lose all his power/leverage under that scenario.

He's under contract 3 more years, and doesn't have THAT MUCH leverage. He was paid to be a MVP level QB on this contract as a starting point, and it's the first season of it that it wasn't slightly disappointing. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Intelligent. Boo the guy who has made Packers football relevant since 2009. 

Intelligent, turn your back on the organization that gave you a chance all because they gave another guy a chance in the same manner they did you.