Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think at bare minimum he needs to be a Cousins/Mayfield level QB, it will take an elite D to win with a QB at that caliber. You'd like to set the bar at Matt Ryan, but that might be too high.

More like Matt Ryan as the floor, ew

Goff made it to a Super Bowl, and he's not that good - so that's an apt floor IMO: "better than Goff"

Just now, incognito_man said:

More like Matt Ryan as the floor, ew

Goff made it to a Super Bowl, and he's not that good - so that's an apt floor IMO: "better than Goff"

I was referring to setting the "minimum" bar at Matt Ryan. Obviously the ceiling bar I'd like to set is that we look at Patrick Mahomes career one day and say "yeah he was pretty good, like a Poor Man's Jordan Love."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

The Schefter pivot is hilarious

Doing everything he can to keep his valuable sources happy lol

Rapoport has done a much better job reporting this whole thing than Schefty. 

Edited by packfanfb

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

This may shock some people but the Packers run basically the same offense as the Niners do.  You don't need a Rodgers to run it, it helps A LOT but you don't need it.

Most Yards passing in their first 16 games in NFL History:

1.  Patrick Mahomes, KC

2.  Nick Mullins, SF

I'll take Rodgers running it every day and twice on Sunday, but just sayin.

You better have an elite defense if you don't have an elite QB.  And even then QB matters.  It was the QB that failed San Fran on the game's most important play.  

I laugh when fans think that we're going to snap our fingers with a little bit extra cap space and a couple extra picks and magically transform our defense into an elite unit.  I mean we've watched this very management throw damn near 100% of our assets at the defense over the last 12 years with very little to show for it.  It's still, a defense with missive holes on each side of the ball.  Down right comical that the assumption is that every pick we make going forward is going to be Jaire Alexander without any Josh Jacksons, HaHa Clinton Dix, Darius Randall, Datone Jones, Nick Perry, Joel Worthy, Quinton Rollins, Kyrie Thorton, Martavius Adams, ect. type of picks being the majority of the selections. I mean we just spent half a billion dollars on defense in free agency in large part because of how inept the franchise is when it comes to drafting defensive talent.  

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  An underplayed story in all of this: Moving on from Aaron Rodgers would likely cost the Packers Davante Adams as well. Hard to imagine he's sticking around to play with Jordan Love when he could sign with Rodgers in a year.

Andy Herman -  If they trade Rodgers they should trade Adams but we’re not ready to have that discussion yet.

Adams is almost 30, on the last year of his deal and could likely get a very large return. When you trade Rodgers you kick off a rebuild. The window will take time to re-open and will likely pass Adams’ prime. Trading Adams for a premium return now expedites the rebuild.

Agree, they can always franchise him too if they feel Love needs a go to guy.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If I were Rodgers I wouldn't look at Love and be worried about him beating me out for the job (and he doesn't), but I would be reminded every single time I looked at him that he should have been a WR, or a DL, or a CB or anything else that would help me win a Super Bowl. 

Capture.jpg

• Like 1

Listening to Adam Schefter on Dan Patrick is so hilarious.

He said that he put this all together on his own with information... that he picked draft day to drop the bomb, etc.

Like dear god Adam we know that’s not the case. I get it, you need to fall on that sword for your sources but come on. If you knew all off-season why did YOU pick draft day?

There is one person on this green earth that would want to highlight that day specifically...

• Like 1