Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

But he wants to be like Tom Brady .. Tom takes below market value deals everywhere he goes.

Tom also has a wife who's worth twice as much as he is.  

Reality is there aren't many Tom Brady's.  It sucks for QBs that that's the standard as there aren't any other positions around the league where players are expected to take contracts half their worth for the better of the team.  That's what Tom Brady makes right now.  

53 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

There is also a false notion that Jordan Love needs to be a star for this to be "successful". I wholeheartedly disagree and I'm confident the FO does as well. He doesn't need to be a HOFer or MVP candidate to have an elite offense function through him with this surrounding cast and play-caller. He needs to be better than Jared Goff and this is a Super Bowl team moving forward w/ the assets we'd get for Rodgers departure (both in free agency w/ additional cap and the draft/player capital directly).

This isn't a Jordan Love replaces Aaron Rodgers for on-the-field results and job security. This is a Jordan Love + 5/6 players replaces Aaron Rodgers. The media and some casual fans won't recognize that, however - but it's the reality and it's exactly how the Front Office will be judged for their own job security.

I think at bare minimum he needs to be a Cousins/Mayfield level QB, it will take an elite D to win with a QB at that caliber. You'd like to set the bar at Matt Ryan, but that might be too high.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Tom also has a wife who's worth twice as much as he is.  

Reality is there aren't many Tom Brady's.  It sucks for QBs that that's the standard as there aren't any other positions around the league where players are expected to take contracts half their worth for the better of the team.  That's what Tom Brady makes right now.  

I think the solution is to hire Shailene Woodley to a no-show executive job with the Packers and pay her millions while simultaneously reducing Aaron's contract by the same amount.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

absolutely

in fact, arguably the absolute best way is exactly what Gute is doing now. He even has the enormous bonus of having Aaron Rodgers-level asset to parlay into MORE young talent around the young, cheap and hopefully "good" QB.

The FO is doing this absolutely perfectly if they can get a king's ransom for Rodgers. Exactly how I would do it in their shoes as well.

it's almost as if @Outpost31 (and others) were onto something

24 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Schefter admitting Rodgers didn't want this out and he said he randomly decided to leak this on draft day. You jilted lovers sure look stupid now, calling for Rodgers head saying he did it on purpose . I can't wait to go back and read all these dumb comments from the majority of you. 

How will I complete the rest of my life knowing a guy on a forum might think I'm dumb?

12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I keep saying it... for not having Rodgers the 49ers have made it to more Super Bowls during his career than GB. And they had Kap and Jimmy G as QBs.

There are multiple ways to win it all.

This may shock some people but the Packers run basically the same offense as the Niners do.  You don't need a Rodgers to run it, it helps A LOT but you don't need it.

Most Yards passing in their first 16 games in NFL History:

1.  Patrick Mahomes, KC

2.  Nick Mullins, SF

I'll take Rodgers running it every day and twice on Sunday, but just sayin.

• Like 1

If I were Rodgers I wouldn't look at Love and be worried about him beating me out for the job (and he doesn't), but I would be reminded every single time I looked at him that he should have been a WR, or a DL, or a CB or anything else that would help me win a Super Bowl. 

Edited by cannondale

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If I were Rodgers I wouldn't look at Love and be worried about him beating me out for the job (and he doesn't), but I would be reminded every single time I looked at him that he should have been a WR, or a DL, or a CB or anything else that would help me win a Super Bowl. 

Pre-Love AR wast going to win a SB.  Didn't play well enough. 

27 minutes ago, SSG said:

The idea that only guaranteed money is the only money counted against the cap is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.  

well, you just invented that point yourself, so congratulations on coming up with something you think is dumb I guess lol

• Like 2

Peter Bukowski -  An underplayed story in all of this: Moving on from Aaron Rodgers would likely cost the Packers Davante Adams as well. Hard to imagine he's sticking around to play with Jordan Love when he could sign with Rodgers in a year.

Andy Herman -  If they trade Rodgers they should trade Adams but we’re not ready to have that discussion yet.

Adams is almost 30, on the last year of his deal and could likely get a very large return. When you trade Rodgers you kick off a rebuild. The window will take time to re-open and will likely pass Adams’ prime. Trading Adams for a premium return now expedites the rebuild.

Edited by Leader