Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

In fact his decline in 2019 likely led the Packers to go get Love when they had a chance and after they lost out on moving up to get Jefferson.

More like "the perceived decline". Plus, I've never understood this logic. They wanted to get Jefferson, but they couldn't get him to add weapons for Aaron Rodgers...so they traded up to draft a quarterback instead? On what planet do those two things begin to make sense?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

More like "the perceived decline". Plus, I've never understood this logic. They wanted to get Jefferson, but they couldn't get him to add weapons for Aaron Rodgers...so they traded up to draft a quarterback instead? On what planet do those two things begin to make sense?

no, it was an actual decline in 2018 and 2019. The perception was reality and the numbers and eye test back it up.

you're both assuming they tried to trade up for a WR. The reality is that GB has used 1 first round pick on a WR in the last 30 years. It's highly unlikely they were actually trying to trade up in the first round for a WR.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Pack fans, what about this trade: Broncos receive: Rodgers, Adams. Packers receive: 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, 2023 1st, 2024 1st, Jeudy, Bridgewater, and another player to be named.

LOL...you're multiple 1st round picks short

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Add 2-3 more and they might be close

It's funny that Adams get included in the trade and somehow he doesn't add multiple first round picks as well. Heck, Davante Adams may have just as much value as Rodgers...well probably not, but he may have more good football left in him. I'd imagine that Adams is worth two 1st round picks minimum. Rodgers is worth at least that...probably more. So a few future 1sts, an underachieving Jerry Jeudy, and Teddy Bridgewater doesn't even come close to filling that gap.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

It's funny that Adams get included in the trade and somehow he doesn't add multiple first round picks as well. Heck, Davante Adams may have just as much value as Rodgers...well probably not, but he may have more good football left in him. I'd imagine that Adams is worth two 1st round picks minimum. Rodgers is worth at least that...probably more. So a few future 1sts, an underachieving Jerry Jeudy, and Teddy Bridgewater doesn't even come close to filling that gap.

If Adams gets traded it won't be in a package with Rodgers. The 1st round picks needed for both would be too much. Plus if we trade Adams i'm not giving him his QB the way he has been talking the last week or so. Let him go play with someone else. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

you're both assuming they tried to trade up for a WR.

No, I’m DEFINITELY saying they didn’t and that the above logic doesn’t make sense as it’s a contradiction.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Hopkins was traded for a 2nd + player

OBJ was traded for a 1st + 3rd + player

I highly doubt Adams is going to net the Packers multiple 1sts just going off of previous packages. Especially considering the crazy influx of WR talent in the draft in recent years.

Adams is also a UFA after this season, so whatever team trades for him, is also going to need to pay him big money.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hopkins was traded for a 2nd + player

OBJ was traded for a 1st + 3rd + player

I highly doubt Adams is going to net the Packers multiple 1sts just going off of previous packages. Especially considering the crazy influx of WR talent in the draft in recent years.

Adams is also a UFA after this season, so whatever team trades for him, is also going to need to pay him big money.

It was a general consensus that the Hopkins trade was one of the worst in recent memory. I think the Beckham trade is probably a better comp. But with that said...Beckham was an inconsistent headcase. I don’t know why you’d trade Adams for anything less than a 1st unless you are willing to acknowledge a rebuilding year and inability to resign him in the future. 

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No, I’m DEFINITELY saying they didn’t and that the above logic doesn’t make sense as it’s a contradiction.

ok, good

despite all the silly fans clamoring for "weapons" (which he doesn't need more of) I find it extremely unlikely the FO was EVER considering using a first round pick for an offensive "weapon" regardless.

Which invalidates the entire "Love pick sucks bcuz should have been weaponzzz" argument. And that doesn't even consider that the two premium picks AFTER Love were both used on offensive weapons lol.

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

It was a general consensus that the Hopkins trade was one of the worst in recent memory. I think the Beckham trade is probably a better comp. But with that said...Beckham was an inconsistent headcase. I don’t know why you’d trade Adams for anything less than a 1st unless you are willing to acknowledge a rebuilding year and inability to resign him in the future. 

I agree Adams could probably net a 1st + 3rd or a 1st + player. But there is no chance in hell he is getting the Packers multiple 1s.

What the Packers need to decide here is to cash in on Adams/Rodgers for a bunch of draft picks and start a 'retool' with Love or if they want to play hardball and risk losing them both for nothing. Rodgers to retirement and Adams walks in FA.

I know the Packers think they have the power, but they hold no cards and could be left with nothing after this season.

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know the Packers think they have the power, but they hold no cards and could be left with nothing after this season.

Rodgers is under contract for 3 years. Davante has this year left on his contract and could be franchise tagged next year as well. The Packers may not hold all the cards but your wrong in thinking they hold none. 

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Rodgers won't retire, and GB will receive, at worst, a 3rd round comp pick for Davante.

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I agree Adams could probably net a 1st + 3rd or a 1st + player. But there is no chance in hell he is getting the Packers multiple 1s.

What the Packers need to decide here is to cash in on Adams/Rodgers for a bunch of draft picks and start a 'retool' with Love or if they want to play hardball and risk losing them both for nothing. Rodgers to retirement and Adams walks in FA.

I think that is really depends though. If it's a lesser team, of course it won't be two 1sts. But what about a franchise likeKansas City? They are going to be picks late in the rounds...big difference. 

If I'm the Packers, I'm trying to smooth things over with Rodgers. If Rodgers is there...Adams will probably fall in line. If it is irreparable, I'm trading Rodgers to the highest AFC bidder. But then again...I'm not emotionally invested in the situation. Regarding Adams...I'm franchising him. He, unlike Rodgers, hold no power.

Edited by sammymvpknight