Packers with Brady or Bucs with Rodgers who wins?

mdonnelly21

Packers with Brady or Bucs with Rodgers who wins?   

79 members have voted

1. 1. Packers with Brady or Bucs with Rodgers who wins?

• Packers with Brady
    • Bucs with Rodgers

3 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Just poking some fun.

I do low key (not so low key) love how in the 2010's people gushed about how competetive the NFC was because any team that got hot for half a second could blow by the Saints and Packers and rep the division while the AFC was considered the Brady/Manning show and always criticized for being top heavy. Then Brady goes there and Brees retires, Rodgers is threatening a holdout, and Wilson was making waves about not having enough support and had trade rumors.

I remember going to the Packers at Buccaneers game Aaron's first year starting, and his WR depth chart was Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson and James Jones. The home town Buccs had Brian Griese throwing to Michael Clayton, Antonio Bryant, Maurice Stovall as the tall threat (and Warrick Dunn or that Auburn RB that got hurt I forget as an end of career 3rd down back), but the offense was FB turned RB Earnest Graham lol. Aaron throw a handful of picks and lost if I remember right, but it was a fun game. Go Earnest Graham. That was the twilight years of the legendary remains of the Tampa 2 defense too with old man Ronde Barber and Derrick Brooks still giving it a shot.

My Favre jersey was stolen at that game. I was in the military at the time and was scheduled to go on the pirate ship for a drive and be up there to shoot the cannons if the Buccaneers scored, but I'd have to take my Favre jersey off and put something Tampa on. I bought an Aqib Talib jersey and shoved the Favre one into the bag and stuffed it under the ship which was also roped off area. I came back down and the jersey was gone, and in a sea of Farve jerseys (at a Tampa home game where Rodgers was the GB QB lol) I spotted my jersey and my friend got the police (I thought it was a stupid plan and it was lost because how am I supposed to prove it was mine). Anyways the policeman went with my friend and I and asked the guy if it was his jersey. Instead of just confidently saying yes, he said he just bought it... I was like "here?", and he said yes in which I told the policeman the obvious statement the Buccs aren't selling used Favre jerseys. The guy apologized and gave it to me, I think he got like a "you better behave" from the cop. Still have that jersey. Anyways Rodgers receiving group at the start of his career was nuts and stayed pretty great until Jordy/Cobb fell apart, but then he got Adams. Brady on the other hand had the year with Moss/Stallworth/Welker... which an underrated aspect of getting on the same page in a year is overlooked as an accomplishment, and uh the Tight End era plus Edelman, other than that what Deion Branch? Sure he had a stacked WR group... at 43 with no offseason lol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I remember going to the Packers at Buccaneers game Aaron's first year starting, and his WR depth chart was Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson and James Jones. The home town Buccs had Brian Griese throwing to Michael Clayton, Antonio Bryant, Maurice Stovall as the tall threat (and Warrick Dunn or that Auburn RB that got hurt I forget as an end of career 3rd down back), but the offense was FB turned RB Earnest Graham lol. Aaron throw a handful of picks and lost if I remember right, but it was a fun game. Go Earnest Graham. That was the twilight years of the legendary remains of the Tampa 2 defense too with old man Ronde Barber and Derrick Brooks still giving it a shot.

My Favre jersey was stolen at that game. I was in the military at the time and was scheduled to go on the pirate ship for a drive and be up there to shoot the cannons if the Buccaneers scored, but I'd have to take my Favre jersey off and put something Tampa on. I bought an Aqib Talib jersey and shoved the Favre one into the bag and stuffed it under the ship which was also roped off area. I came back down and the jersey was gone, and in a sea of Farve jerseys (at a Tampa home game where Rodgers was the GB QB lol) I spotted my jersey and my friend got the police (I thought it was a stupid plan and it was lost because how am I supposed to prove it was mine). Anyways the policeman went with my friend and I and asked the guy if it was his jersey. Instead of just confidently saying yes, he said he just bought it... I was like "here?", and he said yes in which I told the policeman the obvious statement the Buccs aren't selling used Favre jerseys. The guy apologized and gave it to me, I think he got like a "you better behave" from the cop. Still have that jersey. Anyways Rodgers receiving group at the start of his career was nuts and stayed pretty great until Jordy/Cobb fell apart, but then he got Adams. Brady on the other hand had the year with Moss/Stallworth/Welker... which an underrated aspect of getting on the same page in a year is overlooked as an accomplishment, and uh the Tight End era plus Edelman, other than that what Deion Branch? Sure he had a stacked WR group... at 43 with no offseason lol.

Glad you got your jersey back.  Stealing another guy's jersey is pritty, pritty, pritty low!

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 7:28 AM, RamblinMan99 said:

There is no conceivable way Brady could make it to the Super Bowl with the current team at Green Bay.

Aaron Jones is good not great.  

And what happens if your best wideout gets double covered?  

They don’t have the resources at all.  

The 2020 Tampa Bay team was basically a repeat of the 2002 team.  

They had a superstar arsenal on both sides of the football and that’s why Brady could win a Super Bowl with that team.  

Juxtapose that with Green Bay.  They have nothing.  

Last season Green Bay had the most productive WR in the NFL, a very good RB, very good backup RB's, a good TE, and one of the best OL's in football. I don't think Brady leads Green Bay to the Super Bowl either but to say Rodgers is the only good player is too much. Basically the Packers needed a better #2 WR and they would've been set everywhere offensively. That's ignoring guys like Kenny Clark (awesome), Big Z (awesome), Jaire Alexander (arguably the best CB in the NFL) and Amos (steady) with a handful of other solid guys on defense.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:04 PM, Jlowe22 said:

I'd take Rodgers on the Bucs.  

Packers do have a good team, don't know why Rodgers was carrying garbage to some, but even still, it isn't Bucs good.  I'd like to see Rodgers with the Bucs, if he can't get it done then, he's just not gonna get it done anymore.

Right.  It isn't a slight against the Packers talent, but a testament to how well-constructed the Bucs are outside of QB.  I mean unless you think Brady is that much better than Rodgers, then I don't know how the Bucs aren't the safe bet.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 8:34 AM, persiandud said:

pretty simple. bucs roster is probably the best in the league. rodgers is a better player than brady. rodgers with the bucs would dominate everyone 

I don't think it's that obvious. I think Brady's impact on a team is bigger despite Rodgers being the better QB. Rodgers has underachieved during his career and not everything is on McCarthy, the defense and the FO.