• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Watch what happens after 2:45

That’s your quarterback.

I’m assuming you’re an OSU fan that’s watched plenty of Fields.  With that in mind, plus whatever knowledge you have of the Bears current roster, what would you suggest the bears do to best support Fields in rounds 2-7?

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Bears fans are the most impatient fan base in the league when it come to QBs.

Amen to that and also the quickest to criticize what ain't workin'.

I'm sure there will be times when they'll be screaming for Fields so Nagy should at least have a package of plays prepared that he can run now.  It's pretty foolish to believe he's gonna be able to digest the entire Nagy playbook his rookie year.

My advice to Bears fans is be patient.  If he truly is that one of a kind franchise QB then the future is already locked in.  Now, finish building the offensive infrastructure around him on the OL and receiving core because no one expects a SB appearance in 2021.

• Like 1

Just now, CBears019 said:

I’m assuming you’re an OSU fan that’s watched plenty of Fields.  With that in mind, plus whatever knowledge you have of the Bears current roster, what would you suggest the bears do to best support Fields in rounds 2-7?

He need a strong o-line more than strong WRs.

Yes, he takes longer to process information. However, OSU ran complicated option routes. No other college team ran a system like Ryan Days.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, G08 said:

What is up Allbright's *** about Fields? Am I missing something? Is there some character issue? 

Chris Simms had Fields falling all the way to pick #32.

I don't buy into the "look at all the teams who passed on him" BS.  Nine teams passed on Mahomes and eleven passed on Watson including us.  SF was the only question mark and in the days prior to the draft a lot of gurus sniffed out Lance to them.

Three teams had already committed to young QBs via trade or a previously drafted rookie and Denver is hoping GB will deal with them for Rodgers.  I guess since conspiracy theories are all the rage now we had to have one over Fields falling as well.

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Chris Simms had Fields falling all the way to pick #32.

I don't buy into the "look at all the teams who passed on him" BS.  Nine teams passed on Mahomes and eleven passed on Watson including us.  SF was the only question mark and in the days prior to the draft a lot of gurus sniffed out Lance to them.

Three teams had already committed to young QBs via trade or a previously drafted rookie and Denver is hoping GB will deal with them for Rodgers.  I guess since conspiracy theories are all the rage now we had to have one over Fields falling as well.

I'm curious, are you feeling less apathetic about the bears now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Jeeze, everyone jump down Cwoods throat for having a relatively unbiased take that is more positive than negative.  Its fair to like Fields but not trust the Bears coaching staff to get him over the goal line, thats exactly the boat I'm in.

That's been my stance for a while too,  I love Fields as a prospect and he's my QB2 in this class,  but I have zero faith in Nagy.  

I'm still hoping (if Nagy can't make me look like a fool for having such strong doubts) to have Daboll here in 2022 to build a system around Fields and develop him.  

As for CWoods' criticisms, if anything they were far less harsh than what some of us have said about some of their picks, like how many of us feel they aren't supporting Rodgers or such.  I've bashed some of our own picks WAY harder.  Lol.

40 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That's been my stance for a while too,  I love Fields as a prospect and he's my QB2 in this class,  but I have zero faith in Nagy.  

I'm still hoping (if Nagy can't make me look like a fool for having such strong doubts) to have Daboll here in 2022 to build a system around Fields and develop him.  

As for CWoods' criticisms, if anything they were far less harsh than what some of us have said about some of their picks, like how many of us feel they aren't supporting Rodgers or such.  I've bashed some of our own picks WAY harder.  Lol.

Louis Riddick let something slip on Nagy last night when he said the pick on Fields was his pick which in itself is speculation...however he then went on to talk about the evaluation of Mahomes that Nagy was a part of and made it crystal clear that Trubisky would never have been the pick had Nagy been on staff here and he had the QBs stacked very differently to how Pace/Fox did.

• Like 2

I was just watching NFL Draft Countdown and they were talking about Kellen Mond.  For a couple seconds, the thought ran through my mind that "it would be nice if the Bears could maybe land him."  Then I remembered: that won't be necessary!  They have Justin Freaking Fields!!!!!  :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Louis Riddick let something slip on Nagy last night when he said the pick on Fields was his pick which in itself is speculation...however he then went on to talk about the evaluation of Mahomes that Nagy was a part of and made it crystal clear that Trubisky would never have been the pick had Nagy been on staff here and he had the QBs stacked very differently to how Pace/Fox did.

Maybe he is a better talent evaluator than playcaller. Lol.  Really though, Nagy was a hot name so he clearly could have been hired elsewhere if he didn't think highly of Tru. He may have had clearly favored Mahomes and Watson, but he felt strongly enough to know Tru was who he was tied to for the next few years. Kind of like how I clearly favored Fields to Lance, but would have been fine with picking up Lance.

I hope Nagy does well with him. He just hasn't given me reason to have faith in him yet.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was just watching NFL Draft Countdown and they were talking about Kellen Mond.  For a couple seconds, the thought ran through my mind that "it would be nice if the Bears could maybe land him."  Then I remembered: that won't be necessary!  They have Justin Freaking Fields!!!!!  :D

We've got Fields and Lawrence between us Buck. Could you have imagined that 2 years ago? 😄

• Like 1

Now that Fields is on the roster, how much time did Pace/Nagy buy themselves?  I could see them getting another year for sure, but if they seem to be bungling the job of developing him, I'd cut the cord very quickly and bring in someone more capable in 2022.  Fields is too valuable of a commodity to waste with lousy coaching.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

We've got Fields and Lawrence between us Buck. Could you have imagined that 2 years ago? 😄

Yeah, I was thinking about that yesterday.  In one day, my two favorite teams, who both needed QB's, drafted the top two QB's available in the entire draft!  What a life, eh, Sugashane?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Maybe he is a better talent evaluator than playcaller. Lol.  Really though, Nagy was a hot name so he clearly could have been hired elsewhere if he didn't think highly of Tru. He may have had clearly favored Mahomes and Watson, but he felt strongly enough to know Tru was who he was tied to for the next few years. Kind of like how I clearly favored Fields to Lance, but would have been fine with picking up Lance.

I hope Nagy does well with him. He just hasn't given me reason to have faith in him yet.

Only 32 of those HC jobs out there man...sometimes you have to shoot your shot...well unless your Josh McDaniel again hahaha...I think Nagy can develop a QB...I also think we will see an improvement in the play calling this with Dalton or Fields under center because they can both do more than Trubisky or Foles could.

• Like 1