43 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Pick

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Now that Fields is on the roster, how much time did Pace/Nagy buy themselves?  I could see them getting another year for sure, but if they seem to be bungling the job of developing him, I'd cut the cord very quickly and bring in someone more capable in 2022.  Fields is too valuable of a commodity to waste with lousy coaching.

Two years I would say...rookie year he gets a pass unless Fields looks dreadful (which I doubt he will) 2022 Fields needs to look like a franchise guy and we need to hit the playoffs or he is gone.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Two years I would say...rookie year he gets a pass unless Fields looks dreadful (which I doubt he will) 2022 Fields needs to look like a franchise guy and we need to hit the playoffs or he is gone.

That makes sense.  Even two years is a LONG time when you are dealing with the development of a young QB.  You hate to see him damaged by too much time with Nagy if he's not up to the job.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

That makes sense.  Even two years is a LONG time when you are dealing with the development of a young QB.  You hate to see him damaged by too much time with Nagy if he's not up to the job.

Very true...I think Nagy will develop Fields...or maybe I jut had faith in Fields to make it happen like he has all his life...having listened to him today I am just super impressed with his maturity and don't see him failing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Very true...I think Nagy will develop Fields...or maybe I jut had faith in Fields to make it happen like he has all his life...having listened to him today I am just super impressed with his maturity and don't see him failing.

I agree.  Mitch was an unfortunate choice.  Good guy, but he just didn't have it.  Fields seems to be the real deal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree.  Mitch was an unfortunate choice.  Good guy, but he just didn't have it.  Fields seems to be the real deal.

It's been decades since I've been this confident in our QB choice. This just feels so much different from other times before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I'm curious, are you feeling less apathetic about the bears now

Yes and no.

It's kinda like just because my ex had her hair done, bought a new outfit, and looks a little classier that wouldn't change anything if she was still the ***** she always was.  🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

I haven't heard of this Fields kid before.

Is he any good? 

Not sure but he's got a dog named Uno and seems to be a pretty good pet owner so maybe that'll translate into something on the field.

• Like 1

Watched 3 more games, including Indiana.

Thoughts:  man OSUs line was trash early in the year, I hadn't realized how horrible they were at pass blocking.  Fields has a lot of Watson in him (props to AZ calling this out).  The play is never dead.  Cant count how many times I watched him turn what should have been a lost rep into a positive gain.  Dont want to completely coach that out of him, but he has to learn to live for another down.  2 of the 3 picks against Indiana were him trying to make something from nothing and paying the price.  I love the moxy, I love the eyes down field while scrambling, but if it ain't there tuck it and get out of bounds, or get down and protect yourself.  Took way too many big hits that he probably didnt need to just trying to make plays that weren't there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I honestly don't think we see a ton of Fields this year....i give it 2 years also