Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I fully expect to eat crow, but why do it before I have to? He had a great Rookie QB season, but we’ve seen many QB’s have absolutely phenomenal rookie seasons and come back down to earth. I especially have a problem with people listing him as a Top 10 QB after one rookie season. It’s not like he had a Mahomes-level first year starting. And while it’s one of the best rookie QB seasons ever, it’s not as far ahead as other Rookie QB seasons that you make it sound like. Heck, many feel Jefferson got robbed of ROTY. To me, it was a complete toss up. And I felt the same way the year prior… and I’m a fan of Murray. Murray should of never got the award over A.J. Brown. (although Jefferson’s season >>>> Brown’s and Herbert’s >>>>>> Murray’s, no disagreement there). 

RG3 had a nice rookie year too, and I had DC based friends hammering me over him. We see how his career turned out lol. 

Nobody should ever anoint a QB after 1 year. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

RG3 had a nice rookie year too, and I had DC based friends hammering me over him. We see how his career turned out lol. 

100%. 

Although RGIII was more gimmicky. But we’ve also seen plenty of great passing rookie seasons where they also never recaptured their rookie success. 

40 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Well not saying he would of never been figured out but I mean he left his knee on the fed ex field in that playoff game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Well not saying he would of never been figured out but I mean he left his knee on the fed ex field in that playoff game 

The next year was more of teams scheming against his rookie tape though, not his knee. This is why a lot of people were calling for Lamar to have absolutely no where close to his 2019 season in 2020. Although he still had a Top 11-12 QB season. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The next year was more of teams scheming against his rookie tape though, not his knee. This is why a lot of people were calling for Lamar to have absolutely no where close to his 2019 season in 2020. Although he still had a Top 11-12 QB season. 

My point was he was never the same after that IMO didn’t he rush back as well ?

Edited by SimonGruber

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I fully expect to eat crow, but why do it before I have to? He had a great Rookie QB season, but we’ve seen many QB’s have absolutely phenomenal rookie seasons and come back down to earth. I especially have a problem with people listing him as a Top 10 QB after one rookie season. It’s not like he had a Mahomes-level first year starting. And while it’s one of the best rookie QB seasons ever, it’s not as far ahead as other Rookie QB seasons that you make it sound like. Heck, many feel Jefferson got robbed of ROTY. To me, it was a complete toss up. And I felt the same way the year prior… and I’m a fan of Murray. Murray should of never got the award over A.J. Brown. (although Jefferson’s season >>>> Brown’s and Herbert’s >>>>>> Murray’s, no disagreement there). 

You already need to eat crow on Herbert. You buried him pre-draft with some of the worst takes. Said he had horrendous accuracy on all three levels and terrible pocket presence. You called him Josh Allen 2.0 which probably deserves a second helping of crow. 

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

BP seems to think we are duking it out with Drew Lock for 3rd place. Let's just lay down and die because Herbert had a nice rookie season, why don't we.

I'm not comparing Carr to Lock lol. Carr is far superior to Lock. Just meant Mahome v Herbert is the class of the division going forward. Carr and whomever Denver has currently are 3rd and 4th billing 

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

RG3's game was his mobility. It was ended by bad coaching leading to an injury that zapped him of that mobility. He was never the same and wasn't a player who could win consistently from the pocket. 

Herbert's game is his elite arm talent, size and accuracy. He just happens to be mobile when needed. I've never had any doubt in Herbert dating back to his early years at Oregon. I'm not going to start now. 

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Unless you think Rogers is playing until he's 50, Rogers going to Denver has nothing to do with our franchise 10 years from now.

The ripple effect if Rogers lands in Denver would be felt for years. Denver would acquire all kinds of talent wanting to play with Rodgers as they attempt to unseat KC in the division. Gruden would go nuclear trying to stay competitive trading off an assets to stay relevant. Rogers could easily play another 5-6 years. 

Edited by big_palooka

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The ripple effect if Rogers lands in Denver would be felt for years. Denver would acquire all kinds of talent wanting to play with Rodgers as they attempt to unseat KC in the division. Gruden would go nuclear trying to stay competitive trading off an assets to stay relevant. Rogers could easily play another 5-6 years. 

That is 100 percent speculation and conjecture.  It would not be good in the short term but I would not be concerned 10 years from now.  

If I was the Raiders I would not touch Rogers considering his age, what it would cost to acquire him and how far off we are from actually contending for a SB.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is 100 percent speculation and conjecture.  It would not be good in the short term but I would not be concerned 10 years from now.  

If I was the Raiders I would not touch Rogers considering his age, what it would cost to acquire him and how far off we are from actually contending for a SB.  

In 5-6 yrs carr will be 35-36?

more “prime” years wasted so I kinda agree with bp on the decade effect. 

• Like 1

Decade is a bit of stretch, Peyton Manning went to the Broncos in 2012, theyve been pretty weak since 2017. Manning left after 2015. 

But I do agree they have a strong roster and Manning brought talent to them as well. 
Ultimately though, as soon as Rodgers retired, it would just depend on their replacement QB. 
As we saw with Den after Peyton, as soon as he retired, it didnt matter on how good their roster was, they went downhill fast.