Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wouldn’t touch Watson with a ten foot pole right now. And if the situation ever clears up, he’ll cost too much again. 

That is my point.  You take a risk that the situation will clear up and can get him at a massively reduced cost.  Would you give up a 1st for him right now? 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is my point.  You take a risk that the situation will clear up and can get him at a massively reduced cost.  Would you give up a 1st for him right now? 

Nope. Likely doesn't play the first half of this year, if at all. Perhaps never again. If he is guaranteed to just miss the first half of the season, with it in writing from the NFL he'll be back by Week 10, sure... I'd give up two 1st's and Carr while starting Mariota for 9 games.

But like you always say, QB isn't the biggest problem on our team. Trying to upgrade to a luxury QB is better when you have a solid roster, and your current QB struggles in big games (alas Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G, etc). 

However, if the Packers came knocking, I am absolutely 100% listening. I don't think we win the Super Bowl with Rodgers year one like Brady did, but I do think our max potential is 12 wins while Carrs this year is probably 10. Plus 2022 I do think we'd be Super Bowl Contenders with the right moves, especially having a Top 2 QB. 

58 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nope. Likely doesn't play the first half of this year, if at all. Perhaps never again. If he is guaranteed to just miss the first half of the season, with it in writing from the NFL he'll be back by Week 10, sure... I'd give up two 1st's and Carr while starting Mariota for 9 games.

But like you always say, QB isn't the biggest problem on our team. Trying to upgrade to a luxury QB is better when you have a solid roster, and your current QB struggles in big games (alas Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G, etc). 

However, if the Packers came knocking, I am absolutely 100% listening. I don't think we win the Super Bowl with Rodgers year one like Brady did, but I do think our max potential is 12 wins while Carrs this year is probably 10. Plus 2022 I do think we'd be Super Bowl Contenders with the right moves, especially having a Top 2 QB. 

We have Carr so he doesn't need to play the 1st half of the year, he doesn't need to pay this year at all.  You trade a 1st to take on the risk and hope he's found innocent.  If he is you have a 26 year old stud QB to build around.  Four months ago fools were talking about trading 4 full drafts for the guy SMH.  That is terrible value, a 1st for a now 25 year old Qb who has proven to be a top 5 QB when healthy is a risk I would take as a GM.  If he never plays again it's not the end of the world.  Trading 4 full drafts and having something like this pop up will se a franchise back a decade.  

I also think our chances of a SB with a 40 year old Rogers are minuscule considering the lack of talent all over our roster.  We would have to have a lot of players to take massive leaps for us to even go deep into the playoffs.  If it would take multiple 1sts for Rogers, which I am sure it will, I would say hard pass.  We are years away from contending and have no legit elite talent or depth. 

If the Raiders just watch him get traded to the Broncos without putting up a fight and doing everything they can then the Raiders deserve the misery that will come their way for the next couple years. 

Tbh kind of just waiting for the Rodgers been traded to the Broncos tweets 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If the Raiders just watch him get traded to the Broncos without putting up a fight and doing everything they can then the Raiders deserve the misery that will come their way for the next couple years. 

Tbh kind of just waiting for the Rodgers been traded to the Broncos tweets 

With Rodgers, Herbert, and Mahomes in the division, Raider Fans will somehow try to argue that we don’t have by far the worst QB in the division, he’s not far off from those guys, and we don’t need an upgrade because Carr is just so awesome. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

With Rodgers, Herbert, and Mahomes in the division, Raider Fans will somehow try to argue that we don’t have by far the worst QB in the division, he’s not far off from those guys, and we don’t need an upgrade because Carr is just so awesome. 

haha honestly at that point, Id trade Carr for future picks and go for a downgrade LOL.
Just start stackign picks, cause we wont be competing for at least 2-3 seasons lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is just pure bs, no one in their right mind would argue that. I get that you’re joking bro but cmon man! Btw, I’m sure several of us remember EXACTLY what you thought about Herbert.....and for the record , yeah rogers going to Denver would suck.....big time!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 10:55 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

We have Carr so he doesn't need to play the 1st half of the year, he doesn't need to pay this year at all.  You trade a 1st to take on the risk and hope he's found innocent.  If he is you have a 26 year old stud QB to build around.  Four months ago fools were talking about trading 4 full drafts for the guy SMH.  That is terrible value, a 1st for a now 25 year old Qb who has proven to be a top 5 QB when healthy is a risk I would take as a GM.  If he never plays again it's not the end of the world.  Trading 4 full drafts and having something like this pop up will se a franchise back a decade.  

I also think our chances of a SB with a 40 year old Rogers are minuscule considering the lack of talent all over our roster.  We would have to have a lot of players to take massive leaps for us to even go deep into the playoffs.  If it would take multiple 1sts for Rogers, which I am sure it will, I would say hard pass.  We are years away from contending and have no legit elite talent or depth. 

If it’s not certain that Watson plays for awhile and we get vibes that the Texans are anxious to get rid of him, I’d offer a 2023 1st and see if they take it. Probably not, but why not try?

If it looks like Watson will be good to go, but still wants out of Houston and/or the local community doesn’t want him around any longer, I’d give up a 2022 1st. Carr is good enough to get a fairly good trade deal for him, and Watson is comparable enough to Mahomes to make us competitive for the AFC West title for years to come.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

At least with 7 teams in each conference making the playoffs we still have a shot.

4 teams from one division are not gonna make the playoffs, even with 7 seeds. They still have to beat one another up six games. The probability is superrrrr low. Bottom dweller likely never gets above 8-9. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Herbert is still TBD for me. I saw him look like a million bucks at Oregon, only to ultimately underwhelm for a long time. I want 3 years from him before anointing him (though if he replicates last year, I'm willing to cut it back to 2 years). 

Right now, I rank them Mahomes, Carr, Herbert, Lock. 

Rodgers comes to Denver, Carr is 3rd at best, no doubt about it. 

The bigger problem, for me, is what do you even do at that point, much less if Herbert indeed blows up? He has superstar potential, I have to admit. 

Would there even be a QB available for the next 5 years who wouldn't be stuck in 4th place? 

Even if we got Russell Wilson, he's a clear step behind Rodgers and Mahomes. Ditto for Watson, imo. The only thing that would be clear is who has the best team overall lol.

22 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Herbert is still TBD for me. I saw him look like a million bucks at Oregon, only to ultimately underwhelm for a long time. I want 3 years from him before anointing him (though if he replicates last year, I'm willing to cut it back to 2 years). 

Right now, I rank them Mahomes, Carr, Herbert, Lock. 

Rodgers comes to Denver, Carr is 3rd at best, no doubt about it. 

The bigger problem, for me, is what do you even do at that point, much less if Herbert indeed blows up? He has superstar potential, I have to admit. 

Would there even be a QB available for the next 5 years who wouldn't be stuck in 4th place? 

Even if we got Russell Wilson, he's a clear step behind Rodgers and Mahomes. Ditto for Watson, imo. The only thing that would be clear is who has the best team overall lol.

I do agree I still have Carr above Herbert slightly, last time I did rankings I had Carr 14th and Herbert 15th, but if Herbert builds on his rookie year, that is quite likely to change this year. Ranking QBs with 0-1 NFL seasons is tricky. He could be Top 8 after this year, he could be same at 15, or he could be like 23 with massive regression. They are always quite tricky. 

However with Carr we know what we have. Usually jumps around from the 12th to 17th best QB in the league, usually around 14-15. He’s not a bad QB, but you’re gonna need to build a super-team around him to win a Super Bowl, whereas with guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, etc, you can a Super Bowl with a much less talented team (although still has to be a good roster). 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

I do agree I still have Carr above Herbert slightly, last time I did rankings I had Carr 14th and Herbert 15th, but if Herbert builds on his rookie year, that is quite likely to change this year. Ranking QBs with 0-1 NFL seasons is tricky. He could be Top 8 after this year, he could be same at 15, or he could be like 23 with massive regression. They are always quite tricky. 

Yep. Herbert is a tough one to gauge. He could quickly establish himself as a top 10 guy or he could hit that sophomore slump and be just another "could've been". 

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. Herbert is a tough one to gauge. He could quickly establish himself as a top 10 guy or he could hit that sophomore slump and be just another "could've been". 

Which is why I haven’t admitted being wrong on him, although fully ready to admit I hit the bed on that one if he balls out this year. We’ve seen many guys ball out their rookie year and never recapture that glory. 

Plus, never said Herbert would “bust” like JaMarcus type bust. I said I see him having a Winston type career (although much better) with being a QB in the 19-24 range, good enough to get his fifth year option, but not good enough for a second contract with his drafted team. I suppose you can say that’s “busting” for the sixth overall pick, but that is how I predicted him doing. 

Edited by BayRaider