Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Also if you're single and wanting to have fun would Green bay be that attractive. To a family man I could see the appeal but...Reggie White stunned the other teams when he chose there. Reggie is the kind of guy we need on the team. Someone so respected and able to punish you in practice if you don't bring it on game day. 

and YES I wish Carr attracted other players. Winning A LOT would help that. 

13 hours ago, G said:

Also if you're single and wanting to have fun would Green bay be that attractive. To a family man I could see the appeal but...Reggie White stunned the other teams when he chose there. Reggie is the kind of guy we need on the team. Someone so respected and able to punish you in practice if you don't bring it on game day. 

and YES I wish Carr attracted other players. Winning A LOT would help that. 

Winning does make a huge difference ngl it hurt hearing Hudson and gabe talk about losing hell even nelly exposed our garbage locker room accountability and loser mentality 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Winning does make a huge difference ngl it hurt hearing Hudson and gabe talk about losing hell even nelly exposed our garbage locker room accountability and loser mentality 

This does not surprise me at all. I'm sure our locker room is a disaster and has always been a disaster under Gruden. Gruden has gotten extremely passive in his older age and is basically a pure Players Coach. He is not gonna grab anyone by the balls (speaking figuratively) in that locker room after a game. He does not hold people accountable. Carr has always been the same way, he is way too nice and can be very passive. I doubt he is holding players accountable in that locker room after games. I honestly view him saying "Hey we'll try better next time guys!". 

We probably haven't had a good locker room since Gruden's first go around. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This does not surprise me at all. I'm sure our locker room is a disaster and has always been a disaster under Gruden. Gruden has gotten extremely passive in his older age and is basically a pure Players Coach. He is not gonna grab anyone by the balls (speaking figuratively) in that locker room after a game. He does not hold people accountable. Carr has always been the same way, he is way too nice and can be very passive. I doubt he is holding players accountable in that locker room after games. I honestly view him saying "Hey we'll try better next time guys!". 

We probably haven't had a good locker room since Gruden's first go around. 

Imo that’s why you are extra selective about who you appoint as team captains. Captain should always be the most respected players so it’s easy to check guys. Making new guys like Collins the dt as a captain was suicide for a coach. 

only guys I could see as legit captains are kolt, morrow, maxx, mullens 

offense is just too soft Maybe josh but he likes to play bumper cars in the parking lot 

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo that’s why you are extra selective about who you appoint as team captains. Captain should always be the most respected players so it’s easy to check guys. Making new guys like Collins the dt as a captain was suicide for a coach. 

only guys I could see as legit captains are kolt, morrow, maxx, mullens 

offense is just too soft Maybe josh but he likes to play bumper cars in the parking lot 

Just make Incognito and Irving captains and call it a day. 

Not really quoting the last few posts, but it is going to be interesting who our team captains are this season.  M. Collins was a trash captain and Hudson is gone.  So Derek Carr because he has to be a team captain and then two question marks for offensive and defensive captains.  I wonder who our special teams war daddy captain will be this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Not really quoting the last few posts, but it is going to be interesting who our team captains are this season.  M. Collins was a trash captain and Hudson is gone.  So Derek Carr because he has to be a team captain and then two question marks for offensive and defensive captains.  I wonder who our special teams war daddy captain will be this season.

I think Ferrell is going to become a captain, partly Gruden/ Mayock trying to make it look like a better pick,
but also, Ferrell while not the best, does his job. Which is what a captain needs to do first at foremost. 

Cant see them giving it to Yannick, but i guess Collins was first year with team and he got it so maybe. 
Maxx, doesnt set and hold the edge enough, over pursuits, which can really hurt us at times. 

literally no one else on D I can think of getting it haha. 

Waller on O?

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Would guess the captains wind up being: Carr, Ingold, Waller, Hayward, Kwit, Carlson. 

• Like 1