NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I just wish the NFL would stop trying to change rules every year just because some random/fluke thing happened one time and a team felt that it was unfair. 

That's how it always happens...that's how we got the nonsensical Calvin Johnson rule and the Pass Interference challenges.  

The Cowboys are $1.2M over a projected $180M salary cap after Prescott’s deal, and they don’t have many contracts on the books to easily free up space.

This deal might give hope that the salary cap isn’t going to be as bad as originally thought. 

Edited by SemperFeist

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is Dak worth 40 million a year?

Doesn't matter. That's how QBs get paid. Which is why some NFL team is going to have to buck the trend and just start drafting QBs every year or two, build good teams around those rookie contracts, let those QBs go and remain competitive until the market corrects itself. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

How much better is Dak compared to Kirk?

I have Dak top 10 and Kirk top 15 but I'm curious where you guys have them.

Dak is ~9/10th, Kirk is ~14/15th. Neither team will win a SB with the current contracts of these QBs... and both GMs don't care/ know it already. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Dak is ~9/10th, Kirk is ~14/15th. Neither team will win a SB with the current contracts of these QBs... and both GMs don't care/ know it already. 

To me, the only significant difference between Dak and Kirk is that Dak is more mobile.  Other than that, they are basically the same QB. And to build on that other point, no team has won a Super Bowl in recent years that had a QB on an expensive contract.  They've all been on rookie deals or bargain deals (i.e. Brady).  Unless the market changes that or the CBA does, it will continue to be that way.  So, expect the Chiefs to fall away after Mahomes' deal really kicks in, which is after this year (although they can restructure it after 2022 as the dead money drops away and truly becomes a year to year deal).