NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

I feel like this isn’t going to end happily for the Rams/OBJ. They already had DeSean Jackson ask for his release due to a lack of involvement in the offense, I’m not sure why OBJ would think he’s going to get any more opportunities behind Kupp and Woods. 

If the latest reports are true that he was deciding between the Rams and the Packers, I think he made the wrong choice.

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I feel like this isn’t going to end happily for the Rams/OBJ. They already had DeSean Jackson ask for his release due to a lack of involvement in the offense, I’m not sure why OBJ would think he’s going to get any more opportunities behind Kupp and Woods. 

If the latest reports are true that he was deciding between the Rams and the Packers, I think he made the wrong choice.

I'm ok with it :)

Anyone expecting him to come in and be productive is fooling themselves. He's going to have to learn the terminology, the offense, get chemistry with Stafford. All of that on top of the fact that he's simply not the same physical receiver he was his first three years in the league. If he had an offseason, maybe I'd feel differently, but he's going to average 2-3 catches on 4-5 targets a game. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

If he had an offseason, maybe I'd feel differently, but he's going to average 2-3 catches on 4-5 targets a game. 

If that. 

I’m just thinking, if you’re trying to make an impression before entering the offseason, what’s the best chance to do that? Playing with Aaron Rodgers and competing with Allen Lazard for targets? Or playing with Matt Stafford and fighting for targets behind Kupp, Woods, Higbee, and maybe even Jefferson? 

The NFL has a substantial problem with their officials. 

Bad, game altering calls are occurring in just about every game. Weekly. 

At this point I think you could give each referee a quiz on the rule book and they’d fare about as well as the average American taking a civics test. 

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The NFL has a substantial problem with their officials. 

Bad, game altering calls are occurring in just about every game. Weekly. 

At this point I think you could give each referee a quiz on the rule book and they’d fare about as well as the average American taking a civics 

Absolutely. Those roughing calls against Lamar Jackson were absolute jokes.  

10 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Absolutely. Those roughing calls against Lamar Jackson were absolute jokes.  

I didn’t have an issue with the first one. He did lift Jackson off the ground and drive down. I may not like the rule, but it’s part of the rule. So, the call needed to be made. 

It’s when they miss a call, or fail to call things consistently. That’s the biggest problem. 

48 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s when they miss a call, or fail to call things consistently. That’s the biggest problem. 

Agreed. Tua was hit on the subsequent drive and it didn't get called. Far worse than the second hit on Jackson.

The PI call for Brown was farcical too. Worse happens on nearly every play and goes uncalled. The league should absolutely be worried about this stuff. That drive could have changed the outcome of the game completely. People are going to start thinking the refs are either gambling on games or on the payroll of those who do. 

• Like 1

Kenny Willekes was put on the COVID list. He had an impressive debut, and then this happens. But of course it would. This season needs to end already. We picked up Eddie Yarburough, so now we're down to Everson, Pat Jones, Wonnum and Eddie for DE depth.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1

State Farm pulled all Aaron Rodgers ads, how fabulous is that!  One would had to have seen those commercials what a few more thousand times before the season ends, now they are all gone....

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611366beb8365ae01b137

https://www.forbes.com/sites/masonbissada/2021/11/08/state-farm-pulled-ads-featuring-aaron-rodgers-but-says-it-respects-his-personal-point-of-view/?sh=56bce723457f