2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

17 minutes ago, craig said:

There may be a run on WR and we might well lose the guys Gute likes.  That said, there are other positions to like.  And other teams have urgent needs, too, at other positions.  So I think there's a good chance that WR that the board likes will still be available.  The question is whether they'll be the guys Gute likes.  

I'm just a Koolaid optimist guy, but I have some level of trust and respect for Gute and their scouts.  Gary seemed an uncertain pick; vindicated.  Alexander didn't seem like the no-brainer board favorite; but Gute vindicated.  Stokes, a lot of other analysts had some other guys, even on his own team, ahead of him, and projected him in the 2nd round; but Gute big-time vindicated.  

I'm hopeful and optimistic that Gute's analyzed this reasonably well, and will end up making some logical decisions.  

Agree, he's going to get a good football player.   I just wonder how he'll balance the go all in for Rodgers vs the long term benefits of the team.  

If the best players at 22 and 28 are defense, do you take them looking long term?, or are you hellbent on WRs and making 2022 work.

The WR room needs work, how much are you putting into it vs getting that top edge rusher or DT or OL?

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -   If the Packers exited the first round with Devin Lloyd and George Karlaftis, you’d be…......

Assuming they fall to the picks I think our defense would be exciting with Lloyd and Karlaftis. I just think there needs to be a large influx at WR and missing out on probably at least the top 7 WRs in this class puts the Packers in a pretty brutal position at WR. This would change if they somehow had a trade for DK or brought in some FA WRs on friendly deals though. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Good then he'll be gone before we pick. BTW, 20 WRs ran faster than that at the combine. Where there is no home cooking when it comes to timing guys. So he's probably closer to a 4.6 guy. 

The 1000 yard season doesn't really mean too much. He may very well turn out to be a great player, time will tell. 

London is different than most slower, big WRs. They lack agility. London's short and intermediate routes are good. The guy isn't fast, but he is quick in and out of his breaks. I have no doubt he can get open. Then, add the best ball skills since Mike Evans. The only concern I have with London is injury. He plays like he's 20 pounds heavier. He's good at RAC, but it will likely make him injury prone.

Edited by TheEagle

I just watched a highlight video of London.

Yah, I like him.  He would work nicely.

Really, really strong hands.  Feet look good in and out of breaks.  He's very large and he uses that body to block out defenders.

Sure isn't running by anyone, but as a deep threat, he's got the highpoint, back should stuff down pat.  He plays outside, he plays inside.  He's not afraid of contact in the middle of the field.  It's funny to watch him outbody and highpoint deep stuff against corners and safeties.

He would work nicely as one of our WR's.  He just doesn't have the jets to stretch the field immediately.  He's rarely going to be open "quick".  But he will always be open with the right ball.

On that highlight reel, I saw 4 or 5 balls that defenders thought they were picking off.  London shields them with his body and he comes back to the ball naturally with strong hands.  He took those INT's away with how he plays.

I don't know who is the best comp for him.  Maybe it is Mike Evans.  But that seems a little too high end for him.  Maybe Erick Decker.  Maybe Jordy.  Probably somewhere in between.

Telling yah, he won't be a "hit" as a pick on just any team.  He's just not going to win that quick.  He needs a QB that will throw him open, even it is contested.

As we've come to know Rodgers, that may not be him.   But with a QB that trusts him, this is a very good receiver.

The red zone fade should be a staple for him.

With us, we would absolutely need a speed guy on the field with him to pull a safety over to create some space.  But yah, the guy looks good.

Seems his pro day was postponed again. He 'tweaked' a hammy and couldn't do the drills. I think the kid is trying to run out the clock so he doesn't have to post a bad 40 time. 

I don't see the agility in and out of breaks either. Hope someone grabs him before we do. 

23 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Seems his pro day was postponed again. He 'tweaked' a hammy and couldn't do the drills. I think the kid is trying to run out the clock so he doesn't have to post a bad 40 time. 

I don't see the agility in and out of breaks either. Hope someone grabs him before we do. 

If he didn't want to run, he would just say he's not going to run. 

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If he didn't want to run, he would just say he's not going to run. 

That's one theory, but I don't agree with it. If he said he wasn't going to run, then teams would know. If he's 'injured' there is doubt. 

I think he's slow. 

40 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Is there a player in this draft regardless of position that you would trade up for?  

Probably not because the guys I would trade up for would cost too much in draft capital and I think we can get 4 really good players rather than maybe 2 based on how far we'd have to move up to get one of them. 

I like 4 EDGE rushers, 3 OTs and 2 CBs a lot in this draft a lot. There are about 10-12 really good WR's but none that I think are going to have the impact of Jefferson or Chase from the last two drafts. I think you can get very productive WR's in round 2 and possibly into round 3.