2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

16 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Take 2 WRs with the first 4 picks, and take BPA with the other 2 top 4 picks at OL, EDGE, or CB/S. Just as long as one of the WRs isnt Dotson from Penn State.

Think Dotson is too small?   Something else?  

I like him as much or more than Olave.  Seems tougher on tape then Olave

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

He is small.  Dude is wicked though.  Explosive playmaker that can separate.  Doesn't fit the Packer profile but sure MLF could find a way to use him.  Saw a mock where the Packers at #22 had Olave and Davis both on the board.  Imagine trying to make that decision.  I'd go with the big but that's a tough one. 

McGinn is kind of a chump now but always liked reading these prospect reports of his. Not a lot of consensus on WRs or any real studs according to his GM/Scout sources. Not sure that will end up being true

anyone have a link to post the whole story?

Edited by Arthur Penske

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

He is small.  Dude is wicked though.  Explosive playmaker that can separate.  Doesn't fit the Packer profile but sure MLF could find a way to use him.  Saw a mock where the Packers at #22 had Olave and Davis both on the board.  Imagine trying to make that decision.  I'd go with the big but that's a tough one. 

I'm hoping Karlaftis is there at 22.  Like Cam Thomas as well with 2nd round pick

40 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I just think his size is the major issue. 179lbs as a WR just says "always injured" in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

“There really aren’t a lot of legitimate No. 1 wideouts (in the league). Not a lot of Davante Adams. But Williams, Olave and Wilson are legitimate win-with starters. I don’t see Olave or Wilson in a league with Davante Adams or a Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones or Ja’Marr Chase.”

It's not like anyone viewed Adams as such coming out of Fresno St so this frame of reference is rather 20/20 hindsight.

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tperk said:

I just think his size is the major issue. 179lbs as a WR just says "always injured" in my eyes. 

I wouldn't say there is zero percent chance they draft Dotson, but it's pretty close to zero percent. He is over 10 pounds lighter than any WR they have drafted in over 20 years and the odd thing for him is at his size he has a slower 3-cone then any of the WR's the Packers have drafted in that timeframe. And he isn't a fit for MLF's offense. Small, can't beat press coverage and can't block.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Seems like this could be relevant

Only have two right now so he must be hoping for 2 in the draft which I don't think is happening. Love to get one though then sort of hope Garvin takes a big step. 

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Only have two right now so he must be hoping for 2 in the draft which I don't think is happening. Love to get one though then sort of hope Garvin takes a big step. 

Garvin is 22 with two seasons in the NFL and had a RAS of 9.04.  Kid is still improving.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Probably about as relevant as any WR coach wanting 5 legit WR's or a DC coordinator wanting 6 legit CB's. Makes their job a whole lot easier. 

4 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Not that tough… WRs grow on trees and it’s not like Olave is the head and shoulder alpha of this class.

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

McGinn is kind of a chump now but always liked reading these prospect reports of his. Not a lot of consensus on WRs or any real studs according to his GM/Scout sources. Not sure that will end up being true

anyone have a link to post the whole story?

And 20 bucks says some WR in this class becomes amazing… not in year one but 5 years from now I’m willing to bet a dude is considered top 5 in the league at the position.