Jalen Tolbert - Malachi Dupre

John Metchie - David Clowney

David Bell - Kevin Dorsey

Khalil Shakir - Cory Rodgers

Justyn Ross - Bill Schroeder

Tyquan Thornton - Travor Davis

I’m embarrassed to admit how much I was hoping would come from David clowney

As usual I'm late to the party (I'm sure you missed me). Some random musings: 

1) Reasons why I'm not allowed to be a GM: I'd overdraft Metchie and Pitre. I have proper, unfounded draft crushes on both, but I just love their production and competitiveness. 

2) Watching Alec Pierce I felt: 1) he doesn't play to his HWS and the Jordy comps are weird (2) how the hell is Ridder even being talked about anywhere close to the 1st round. 

3) I have no idea what to do with this WR class, they all have warts. It's why I'm fine if we stick with the classic "we don't draft WRs in the first." London I recuse myself cause my USC homerism is too strong and I love that he tried to carry the ailing program. Williams would be easy #1 if he gave an effort on run blocks - idc if he failed but show some more. 

4) Kaiir Elam is worse in the run game than Jameson Williams is - you're playing Alabama and you can't stick your nose in on an RB?

5) Serious hypothetical: Smith-Njigba is draft eligible this year - where does he fall among the WRs

2 hours ago, R T said:

Jameson Williams - Jeff Query

Garrett Wilson - Phillip Epps

Chis Olave - Derrick Mayes

Treylon Burks - DeAngelo Yancey

Skyy Moore - Ty Montgomery

Jahan Dotson - Joey Jamison

George Pickens - Anthony Lucas

Ridiculous. Justyn Ross can't hold a candle to Bill Schroeder.

51 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

(2) how the hell is Ridder even being talked about anywhere close to the 1st round. 

My takeaway as well. I kept hearing Pierce can't get separation and has contested balls down field, dude flies, Ridder doesn't get it where he can run with it so he comes back on adjustments. It was a quick looksee but that's what I felt anyways. 

But yeah I like Pierce a ton unlike maybe you and others. I saw him live a bunch and then when I read the quick reports, most didn't seem like what I saw I guess. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Norm said:

My takeaway as well. I kept hearing Pierce can't get separation and has contested balls down field, dude flies, Ridder doesn't get it where he can run with it so he comes back on adjustments. It was a quick looksee but that's what I felt anyways. 

But yeah I like Pierce a ton unlike maybe you and others. I saw him live a bunch and then when I read the quick reports, most didn't seem like what I saw I guess. 

Watching the bama game was telling. Just go look at what saban did to Pierce he gave him the Adams treatment. He would put 3 guys on him.

On the goal line he cooked a DB and was wide open for a TD. Ridder was late and didn’t know the window for that route… it got knocked down. I don’t get the love for Ridder at all. At best he is a bottom tier starter that you will always be looking to replace. Like i get that these guys are all lotto tickets and in some multiverse reality Ridder is a hall of fame QB, I just wouldn’t be the GM to bet on us living in a reality we’re that’s the case.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chillparsi1 said:

As usual I'm late to the party (I'm sure you missed me). Some random musings: 

5) Serious hypothetical: Smith-Njigba is draft eligible this year - where does he fall among the WRs

Are we speaking from a GB perspective? Or just each person’s own taste?

Because from a GB point of view he falls in the same boat as Olave and Wilson… he is what 6ft 197 lbs? He is too short and skinny based on their ideal metrics. Again because I feel like I have to state this ever time because everyone loves these Ohio State kids… This doesn’t mean they don’t have them on their boards.

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Some good nuggets in here about some guys we've discussed a lot. 

Two mindsets here, either you go up to capture a round 1 grade, or you let some team come up for a QB and get more picks in the 35-60 range where this draft is stronger than most years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Two mindsets here, either you go up to capture a round 1 grade, or you let some team come up for a QB and get more picks in the 35-60 range where this draft is stronger than most years.

I'd love swinging a deal like 22 + 92 (rich hill 296) for NYJ 35 + 38 (327). Jets get the premium of a 5th year option and we get an extra pick the heart of that 25-40 area where I think most of the prospects are probably grading about the same. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd love swinging a deal like 22 + 92 (rich hill 296) for NYJ 35 + 38 (327). Jets get the premium of a 5th year option and we get an extra pick the heart of that 25-40 area where I think most of the prospects are probably grading about the same. 

I think that is the opposite of the way Gutes thinks of this draft. He has an unusually high amount of draft capital, and he will want to come out of the first round with one of the players he thinks can be a difference maker for them. A trade up in the 1st seems very likely. 

12 hours ago, R T said:

Jameson Williams - Jeff Query

Garrett Wilson - Phillip Epps

Chis Olave - Derrick Mayes

Treylon Burks - DeAngelo Yancey

Skyy Moore - Ty Montgomery

Jahan Dotson - Joey Jamison

George Pickens - Anthony Lucas

Thank you for the clear reminder that good WR's are not like dandelions.

17 minutes ago, R T said:

I think that is the opposite of the way Gutes thinks of this draft. He has an unusually high amount of draft capital, and he will want to come out of the first round with one of the players he thinks can be a difference maker for them. A trade up in the 1st seems very likely. 

That wouldn't surprise me either. If there are takers, they could move both picks. One up, one down. There just doesn't seem to be much difference in prospects once you hit that mid-20s area from the guys you'll get at 35-45. I'd like to pick up an extra pick there if the deal is right.