2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

My hopes are that we get Douglas back, which takes CB off the list other than late round fliers. If we do, there really are minimal snaps available for rookies.

QB: None

RB: None

WR: Minimal to moderate: Let's be real, for at least the first 2 months of the season, it's going to be Adams, Laz and Cobb in the 3 WR sets, even if we landed a rd 1 or 2 guy.

TE: Starter snaps available: I think Deguara could easily be beaten out.

OL: Minimal: Outside of injury, Bakh, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Nijman are you opening day starters, Jenkins comes back at either RG or RT IMO. 

DL: Minimal: Clark, Lowry, Slaton are going to be the top 3 rep getters here.

EDGE: Moderate: Unless we get Mercilus or someone similar, Garvin and Tipa are easily bumped by a high draft pick.

ILB: ST only

DB: ST only (this assumes Douglas back)

K/P: None

LS: Starter snaps available

I'd rank them TE, EDGE, WR, OL, DL for available snaps for a rookie.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

My hopes are that we get Douglas back, which takes CB off the list other than late round fliers. If we do, there really are minimal snaps available for rookies.

QB: None
RB: Minimal
WR: Moderate
TE: Major
OT: Minimal (if Jenkins long-term future is OT, moderate if OG)
IOL: Moderate (if Jenkins long-term future is RT, minimal if OG)

DL: Moderate
EDGE: Moderate
ILB: Minimal
CB: Minimal
S: Moderate

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

DL: Minimal: Clark, Lowry, Slaton are going to be the top 3 rep getters here.

Championship teams have better and/or deeper DL's than the Packers currently have.

Slaton can handle snaps on the nose, but GB needs to draft Lowry's replacement at 5-tech and another 3 tech to replace the Keke snaps. DL is a high need imo and will likely be addressed in round 1 or 2. There might be some lower cost vets available to eat some snaps, but GB ain't got much $$ to play with.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Championship teams have better and/or deeper DL's than the Packers currently have.

Slaton can handle snaps on the nose, but GB needs to draft Lowry's replacement at 5-tech and another 3 tech to replace the Keke snaps. DL is a high need imo and will likely be addressed in round 1 or 2. There might be some lower cost vets available to eat some snaps, but GB ain't got much $$ to play with.

I don't disagree, I just don't think a rookie plays much over those 3, this year. A vet, very likely bumps Slaton.

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't disagree, I just don't think a rookie plays much over those 3, this year. A vet, very likely bumps Slaton.

I'd be inclined to agree with you.  Outside of Davis and probably Wyatt, I'm not sure there's a DL that bumps Clark/Lowry.  Maybe Slaton if he doesn't have a Y2 jump.

So.....triple dipping in the draft has proven to be a bust for the Packers. We've done it a few times and it has never worked out. I always hated this strategy because you miss out drafting good players in other positions because you want to create depth for the sake of adding depth in one position.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure there's a DL that bumps Clark/Lowry.  Maybe Slaton if he doesn't have a Y2 jump.

Not talking about displacing starters, yet. But the DL rotation is anemic at best
Clark needs to be around 650 snaps - which leaves several hundred available
Same with Lowry. He's better off around 450-500 snaps/ season and GB needs to start grooming his replacement

58 minutes ago, Chili said:

So.....triple dipping in the draft has proven to be a bust for the Packers. We've done it a few times and it has never worked out. I always hated this strategy because you miss out drafting good players in other positions because you want to create depth for the sake of adding depth in one position.

The RB triple dip worked pretty damn well imo.

• Like 1