2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You seem to be looking for trouble 13 posts in. Might be barking up the wrong tree.

Just another clown he's been banned coming back as "just an innocent lurker that knows everyone and has deep issues with many of them [but he's absolutely never interacted with them])

These people are pathetic.

Just another one for the ignore list, old account was probably already on it anyways.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Norm said:

What is the "source" for the 4.71?

The only thing I can trace back (I've done this before...) is wiki where the line is 

12dce8325e7601143bc9c35251c67cf6.png

Wow, def 100% ran 4.71 based on that.

And it gives 3 sources. 47, 48, 49 on that wiki page. Okay.

Here is 47

63fa59eeb0f72804c2bace4ff6b6db27.png

Where you get the 4.45

here is 48

". Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40, but the greatest receiver of all time couldn’t be caught in the open field."

Doesn't say where, when. Nothing. The whole beginning of the article is Gil Brandt being asked things, Brandt never said he was fast but he's quote saying he was never below 4.55. Never says he ran 4.71. 

Where is this number even coming from?

"To fine-tune his assessments, he goes to the video. After all, Jerry Rice ran the 40-yard dash in a relatively pokey 4.71 seconds, but you’d never know that by the way he played."

Just a throw away line. Not a source anymore than you are for posting it.

So we have no source no place no time for a 4.71. A head coach in the USFL saying 4.45. Bill Walsh quoted he broke 4.6. An actual article saying what he ran here in front of scouts a 4.5 down to 4.41

2021-06-15_14-31-14.jpg

Or a made up 4.71 that nobody knows where it came from and that the GOAT of the entire sport just happened to be slow as absolute ****.

Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder.

And there's your mail in the coffin!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You seem to be looking for trouble 13 posts in. Might be barking up the wrong tree.

It’s like prison. New guy has to find the toughest guy and take him out. 

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, R T said:

And there's your mail in the coffin!

Lol it's not a big deal but he just irked me as the "new guy" that already knows who I am

Dupes are the worst. They don't care either. They'll just make more accounts

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

Just another clown he's been banned coming back as "just an innocent lurker that knows everyone and has deep issues with many of them [but he's absolutely never interacted with them])

Just another one for the ignore list, old account was probably already on it anyways.

Green Bay Packers Reaction GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Been seeing Trevor Penning slipping in recent mocks and Reuter just picked us to take him at 22 in another. Have to agree that we would pounce to land him there if he's available right?

Brian Bulaga 2.0. Not comparing the two players. Just the circumstances of highly rated guys that slipped at tackle and we pounced.

56 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nope, just holding my ground, he started with stop saying Jerry Rice didn't run a 4.71, that was the genesis. I know he is mister popular, so I will choose to ignore in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

If you think a former banned member has returned, PM myself or PR.  Otherwise, put them on ignore.  @The Truth stop trolling.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Brian Bulaga 2.0. Not comparing the two players. Just the circumstances of highly rated guys that slipped at tackle and we pounced.

I think at least one (maybe both) of those Packer first round picks is going to the OL or DL/Edge. 

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, The Truth said:

Nope, just holding my ground, he started with stop saying Jerry Rice didn't run a 4.71, that was the genesis. I know he is mister popular, so I will choose to ignore in the future. 

A right he has earned ... learn young grasshopper, learn.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Been seeing Trevor Penning slipping in recent mocks and Reuter just picked us to take him at 22 in another. Have to agree that we would pounce to land him there if he's available right?

After getting stung two years in a row by an injury to our LT I would think the Packers might want to cover their butts there.  

• Like 1