2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

9 hours ago, Leader said:

So you dont think their RAS score serves as confirmation of their athletic ability (?) or they're strictly going off game tape....and they're selections just happen to have high RAS scores...because that's what 1st rounders do.

I think both are true. RAS is a confirmation of a player's athletic ability, and we happen to draft athletic players in the first round (like the rest of the NFL, as described in the link I posted earlier).

If I made up a PACKER_ESP score that is some mathematical combination of athletic measurements I'm sure our picks would score high on it. It wouldn't mean packers are using the PACKER_ESP score, it's just correlation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I think both are true. RAS is a confirmation of a player's athletic ability, and we happen to draft athletic players in the first round (like the rest of the NFL, as described in the link I posted earlier).

Agree - RAS is a useful indicator / confirmation of what shows up on game tape - but I'd defer in that I believe they're all athletic players. Some moreso than others obviously....but this is the mountaintop...and RAS is another method of separation and selection.

They might just take an average RAS score player in the first round this year… this is how Burks starts to win over the front office to overlook his poor RAS.

If he is a great culture fit for the area… makes him a great fit to the team.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

They might just take an average RAS score player in the first round this year… this is how Burks starts to win over the front office to overlook his poor RAS.

If he is a great culture fit for the area… makes him a great fit to the team.

It would still surprise me given the RAS score, but I wouldn't be disappointed. He would make our WR room better and that's what matters. 

WR is a strong need on this team, but if they guy doesnt fit, you cant afford to pass on someone who is a better football player at another position.    This draft is loaded with complementary WRs (#2s) and they should be drafted accordingly.    If they dont take a WR in the first round, there's a reason for it.          

19 minutes ago, Chili said:

NIL?

What possible cabbage said. So my point is if he is partnering with a hunting/outdoors company… he himself must enjoy that stuff. What does Green Bay and the near by areas offer? Outdoor activities.

So he might enjoy Green Bay life more than say OBJ. It’s not a major factor in drafting a player… but cultural fit makes things easier.

24 minutes ago, Green19 said:

What possible cabbage said. So my point is if he is partnering with a hunting/outdoors company… he himself must enjoy that stuff. What does Green Bay and the near by areas offer? Outdoor activities.

And a lot of farming apparently......and "drifting" although I'm unsure exactly what that is :)

46 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

WR is a strong need on this team, but if they guy doesnt fit, you cant afford to pass on someone who is a better football player at another position.    This draft is loaded with complementary WRs (#2s) and they should be drafted accordingly.    If they dont take a WR in the first round, there's a reason for it.          

Sure, you don't have to force it, but at some point, this mantra no longer works. The Packers aren't going to the Super Bowl with Lazard, Cobb and a couple day 2-3 guys who are going to need the full year to develop and contribute. That's simply not happening. At some point, the Packers have to adequately address the position. So, that basically means either using higher draft capital to do it, or if not, being more aggressive in FA to do it. I'm confident they'll do one of those, if not both. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Sure, you don't have to force it, but at some point, this mantra no longer works. The Packers aren't going to the Super Bowl with Lazard, Cobb and a couple day 2-3 guys who are going to need the full year to develop and contribute. That's simply not happening. At some point, the Packers have to adequately address the position. So, that basically means either using higher draft capital to do it, or if not, being more aggressive in FA to do it. I'm confident they'll do one of those, if not both. 

I used to feel like you do.  Concerning the bolded part.

Then again, we didn't get to that game with Adams, either.

I think we stand as good of a chance at getting there with 2 good rookies and the rest of the guys.  But they need to be the right two rookies and our QB needs to buy into spreading the ball around.

I don't know exactly who those two are, but if we got Olave to be the route runner, I feel like he can impact the game as a rookie similar to Ceedee Lamb.  He's that smooth.

But then we do need someone to be more of a pure deep threat.  Maybe it is Burks.  Who knows.

But my point is, so long as #12 buy into throwing the ball where MLF has schemed it to go, we should be just fine.

And let's not pretend like we aren't going to lean on a running game and strong defense.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Stands for Name Image and Likeness, referring to the kind of endorsement deals that college athletes are now able to secure.  Like there was a barbecue joint that sponsored the Arkansas Razorbacks offensive line, that kind of thing.

That is a great endorsement, TBH.  Our team was brought to you by Enron...